Our Brother REHH

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Rep Points

elevated ck can happen from a tough workout. CKMB s a myocardium specific CK, this is much more sensitive for heart damage. Even CK of 500 is elevated, but it would be easy to get with a tough workup, and not enough fluid after. The elvated urine creatinine is part of the same thing. Not really specific for anything. Im not sure why they are testing for complement C4.

It looks like they are looking for causes of muscle breakdown. The signs and symptoms listed above would be when the CK is in the thousands generally, its seen with rhabdomyolysis, which is when you have lots of muscle breakdown at once. it can be from electrolyte issues, meds and other drugs. Classically crack or meth. long endurance events, marathins, triathalons ect.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,469 Posts
    Rep Points

I am just going to babble here a bit about CK from memory. Could only be partially correct because of this.

Last year I had a CK of around 1200, which freaked me out as that was twice the “high range normal”. My physician told me not to worry because it is common in athletes and guys that are destroying muscle through intense manual labor, etc.
    Level for bodybuilders are always elevated. Not just CK but many other enzyme due to muscle destruction and the liver needing to process the waste.
    I seem to remember even 5,000 being just the beginning of cause for serious concern.

But as everyone reacts differently to levels out of range, it’s worth watching.

I just hope you can get your shit sorted sooner than later. I want you to be as back to normal asap.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,228 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by tommygunz View Post
    My CK is usually elevated too due to Rheumatoid arthritis. I've been on 4 different monoclonal antibodies for it in the past two years, some help and some don't. I am always in pain, goes hand in hand with the CK scores.

Just keep chipping away at it bro, hoping you find some answers.
    A line from one of my favorite movie.."Pain means,you're not dead yet!"
    Seems like everytime I get knocked down.. it's harder and even harder to get up.. I'm actually writing this in Fucking bed once again..
    But,this is what I signed up for..A long..uphill..painful trek through Hell..with no better than a 50% chance..EVER..
    The last time down was not cool..9 long days in bed..but very different..things got dark out of nowhere..I think my friend visited me a few times,chipping away at my confidence..asking me WHY..?? BTW my friend and I have been going at it for a few yrs..the Devil..

I'm not BS you guys..only a few really know how bad it is.. I'll put it this way,my girl has a list of contacts.. PE to inform if things go south..and this board is one..but that's not my point..

During that fog..I realized what was going on..and I focused on the one thing I knew was real...Pain..kinda bathed in it because I wasn't in a good place and that Bastard was trying his shit again..Hard to really define all that was going on..I don't want to be there again..
    But the One Thing..maybe the only thing that got me back was knowing the pain was real..

Nine days in bed..after yrs of fighting getting nowhere..the mind creeps

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,297 Posts
    Rep Points

Thanks for all the info guys

In doing more research it looks like the Nephrologist should have ordered Cystatin C and SDME tests but in looking at my results I don't see them. My appt is at 1pm today, I'll definitely be asking why those tests were not done. Those tests are used to access kidney damage in people with chronic high creatinine levels.

Depending how this goes I may go to another Nephrologist to get a second opinion.
    Last edited by REHH; 08-26-2021 at 07:07 AM.
    IRONLION LABS
    Quality HGH, Raws and Peptides
    Wickr: ironlionlabs

Click here**PLEASE READ THE RULES**

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,228 Posts
    Rep Points

Yeah..Sadly you have to know almost as much as theDr.s...Face it they do shady crap..and most don't give a F..Finding one who is good and cares..is a challenge..but worth the confidence down the road..getting a top notch team put together That has your best interest as their mind isn't easy..I have not only wasted yrs but thousands on Dr.s and lost time that may bite me in the Ass later..

And not even mentioning that I nearly died from a non C related cause..with 7 Dr.s on board..Humana might be looking for some $$$ back..