• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Who's Fighting PTSD

zionoir626

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I heard Ready on Deck.. mentioned it a while back..even think he has a service dog for that..
I suffer from childhood trauma,my son from Afghanistan..2 tours..

Does it really ever get better or does time just erase parts..Never really got any relief from Dr.s or meds..and talking about just made it so much worse..At least my son is getting help..

If you are better now..???..what helped..for me only time..

But,recently been sidelined and tons of dreams and shit kicked up the other day..Long story short..no memories prior to ten yrs old...so times I have some really surreal dreams that I can't tell if it happened or not..no not good dreams..rather dark times..

You don't have to have a Master's degree to figure out why the loss of memory but it might help in deciphering the dreams..

Anyhow.. anyway..it is a huge problem in our society that isn't addressed or treated properly..and it took me to some selfish..evil places that I can't believe I allowed...

Like Trent said..."the line begins to blurr"

Most of us have had some truly fucked up shit happen to us. And it sucks when you can't control what pops up in your brain next. Dreams especially. The people who seem to manage it the best are the people who forgive and move on. Easier said than done, I know. Notice I said "forgive" not forget.

I've had a fair decent amount of trauma and violence in my life.. my ppl have told me before I have a bad stare sometimes into nothing, I just look right thru stuff/ppl like they aren't there.. thats when memories are hitting me like a baseball bat in the back of the head, hard to break out of it..
Violent criminal career young age,did some private E.S.O.P. , just bad situations in general when I didn't think I'd make it home, bad memories from childhood, ppl fucking me over, bad choices made... that is usually what causes it for me..

I can relate with combat veterans somewhat thats why I get along with them at my 2nd job so well, it's funny how ppl don't understand why they are the way they are...take time to sit,talk,listen to ppl just lvl with them. Goes with anyone we all have issues just focus on what keeps you going everyday don't make that bad mistake you can't take back.. 22 a day is too many ,gov/ppl need more work on mental issues as it is just try to be there for your ppl.

Yeah meds will help but the drs just wanna dope ya up you gotta find meaning is what I've been told, staying busy is the best thing "idle hands are the devils workshop"

giphy.gif

ME!

XANAX!!- the only thing that totally blanks my mind- and stops the dreams mostly-only prob. is 1 works for awhile, then u need 2, then u run out.....then ur fucked even worse than u were to begin with! It really does help to talk to others w/ the same probs.- for me @ least.

Been there...No Thanks...after 22 bars...I figured God had a different plan for me...Now if He would just let me know..
If that doesn't kill you..Somebody with Real power stepped in..nothing will

Try some shrooms micro doseing thats the newest thing

Perhaps ketermine....

Good items to research...

I got a few buddies who have scripts from the va for medicinal purpose mary j....

I heard Ready on Deck.. mentioned it a while back..even think he has a service dog for that..
I suffer from childhood trauma,my son from Afghanistan..2 tours..

Does it really ever get better or does time just erase parts..Never really got any relief from Dr.s or meds..and talking about just made it so much worse..At least my son is getting help..

If you are better now..???..what helped..for me only time..

But,recently been sidelined and tons of dreams and shit kicked up the other day..Long story short..no memories prior to ten yrs old...so times I have some really surreal dreams that I can't tell if it happened or not..no not good dreams..rather dark times..

You don't have to have a Master's degree to figure out why the loss of memory but it might help in deciphering the dreams..

Anyhow.. anyway..it is a huge problem in our society that isn't addressed or treated properly..and it took me to some selfish..evil places that I can't believe I allowed...

Like Trent said..."the line begins to blurr"
I sent u a pm, let me know what u think?

Yep micro dosing shrooms and lots of pot is the only thing that's helped me over the years... been to the drs I am not a fan of them.. I just cleared my body of thc after taking another break takes me 8-12wks to be completely clean then it's like smoking for the 1st time again..I quit and take a break after I start getting to ounce a wk of good shit

IML Gear Cream!
XANAX!!- the only thing that totally blanks my mind- and stops the dreams mostly-only prob. is 1 works for awhile, then u need 2, then u run out.....then ur fucked even worse than u were to begin with! It really does help to talk to others w/ the same probs.- for me @ least.

Truth, but tolerance sucks. I've been slamming 4 a day easily, but the only problem is Xannies don't prevent the triggers that cause it.. Just take a noise or flash.

Yep micro dosing shrooms and lots of pot is the only thing that's helped me over the years... been to the drs I am not a fan of them.. I just cleared my body of thc after taking another break takes me 8-12wks to be completely clean then it's like smoking for the 1st time again..I quit and take a break after I start getting to ounce a wk of good shit

Micro lsd seems to work better for me personally than shrooms.

Is there a good charity for this? We are trying to organize a stereo competition/car show to raise money for active service and vets that struggle with ptsd and mental health but don't know of a good charity to go towards

Is there a good charity for this? We are trying to organize a stereo competition/car show to raise money for active service and vets that struggle with ptsd and mental health but don't know of a good charity to go towards

I would check with the local vfw...at least if you are looking to put it back in locally. I'm assuming you're looking at keeping it in the community.

There are some great advances in psychology today, especially in eye movement therapies. There is one called Accelerated Resolution Therapy or ART that has some great science backing up their claims to resolve trauma.

Community would be good. I'll start there

you could get a listing at the vfw in your area and even go door to door if you had the time. That would be a very sweet gesture.

I live with PTSD everyday and some are really bad. The VA has been trying to help and actually have some. I take meds for my anxiety and to sleep. Dreams, reliving during the day, falling apart for no reason, and severe relationship issues.. With all that said the meds have helped some and I just finished 7 months or Prolonged Exposure therapy. The therapy was rough and made it mush worse for months but I can honestly say I have improved because of it. I don't feel it will ever be gone but things are better than they were for me.

Good luck brother, I hope you can find something that works for you to get some relief.

SUKS2BU
This sub was formed for guys like you and I..that have been around the block 100 times and dealing with real issues..

Welcome back and jump in the Mix..Vets are the backbones of many things..and here they are greatly needed and appreciated..It isn't all about PED's..or PR's..

No it's about facing life head on,our trials ..our failures..our stories that not only inspire..but pull some from the Hell they are in to a better place..really just helping our family here..

So..if you think you have nothing to give..read some post..we all have something to give back..
When older guys give back..younger guys move forward..the smart ones anyway..

I have found some Peace in my Hell..but I know other are suffering..and it's a shit sandwich at best..I know PE that took their lives over PTSD..I miss some of them still...It doesn't have to come to that..but sometimes we will do anything to just stop the pain..Been there far too many times..

I started this thread for the ones afraid to talk,the ones deep in it,the guys like you..and guys that found Something..Anything..

It's a subject not many talk about..and that's wrong..most PE just don't get it..Im happy for them..
But...for the ones that do.. Don't ever give up..!

Get Shredded!
The ONLY thing that works for ME is hard work- clean eating and exercise .Drugs - pain killers and therapy just makes mine worse .I have friends that do the VA thing and it has just aged them and made them lazy and weak .I just ignore anything related to service and life goes on .I will be 70 soon and lived with one kidney since late 69 - plus i managed to survive tumors and most recently a severe seizure .( plus bad car wrecks ) and a hunting accident where I was shot again .This is what works for me - is different for everyone - hang in there guys -Thanks-OD

For me, therapy has helped me to see it coming and try to respond instead of react to triggers, I take meds at night and isolate at home when it gets rough, red vein kratom has helped me deal with the anxiety of being in public and public interactions for the most part, I used the gym as my therapy for many years before I got into therapy with someone able to actually help me through some of it, I need kratom and thc at night to get get my mind to slow down, none of this is text book but it works for me, it took me a long time to sort through what works and what doesn’t for my situation, it’s a constant in my life but I’m able now to enjoy life more than I ever thought I could, staying positive and surrounding myself with quality people has been a step in the right direction as well, getting together with my brothers from the Corps is comforting in a way I can’t describe, I wish we could get together more but life is hectic and we are scattered all across the country so we seem to make it happen every 6-10 years as a group, being a grandpa has given me a strength I didn’t expect, I live for the little ones in my life and want nothing more than to help send them out into the world fully armed for success, that’s the crib notes for my story, I hope everyone finds the things they need in their lives to flourish despite PTSD, I’m sure it will be with me always but I have more good days than bad now and that’s enough for today, I’ll worry about tomorrow when I get there, sorry for rambling, it’s hard to put it on paper or in writing because it comes at me so fast

Last edited:
Back