• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Old Man, VAR and Lipids

RoyKeane

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Just thought I'd share my bloodwork numbers after 6 weeks of VAR:

Me: 58yrs, 195lbs, on TRT 100mg/Week, I do take Liptor 5mg/day

Recently decided to run VAR again, 6 weeks at 50 mg/day, split 25mg am, 25mg pm. JPAL's Var and I loved it!

Did bloodwork before:
Total Cholesterol 153, LDL 92, HDL 48, Triglyceride 65

After 6 weeks of VAR
Total Cholesterol 250(+53pts), LDL 134(+42pts), HDL 44, Triglyceride 356(+291)

I embarked on a 8 week "eat a shit ton of fish, and take a lot of fish oil", and added Red Yeast Rice, CoQ10 as well.

After 8 weeks of that:
Total Cholesterol 131
LDL 66
HDL 54
Triglyceride 53

Damn, they're all better than before I started the VAR.

1) Var IS bad on lipids
2) Diet does really matter

That's a pretty amazing result. Could you share a little more information about the diet? Also, were you back on just 100mg of testosterone after the 6 weeks of anavar? Oh, and how were you cycle results (other than the cholesterol)?

Ran Var when I was in my late 50s.

Var destroyed my lipids.

You can eat 40mg a day of lipitor and I am convinced (not positive) your lipid profile will suck.

My advice is do not run orals unless you are a competitor.

That's a pretty amazing result. Could you share a little more information about the diet? Also, were you back on just 100mg of testosterone after the 6 weeks of anavar? Oh, and how were you cycle results (other than the cholesterol)?
Diet was at maintenance calories, I was looking for recomp, basic clean eating 20/40/40. After the Var I did go back onto TRT
, it’s been 10 weeks now. Var did lean me out quite a bit, and in fact I continued to get leaner for about another 3/4 weeks. My delts haven’t looked this good in years. I will probably run var again, knowing I can bring my bloodwork back into line in 8 weeks.

malfeasance;[URL="tel:1902433" said:
1902433[/URL]]How often were you eating fish, and what type?
Salmon, flounder, cod, haddock. Lunch and dinner. There is no fishy breakfast cereal or I would have eaten that too!

People think Var is mellow, not on lipids its not, especially for those of us who are on Statins and predisposed.

Ever tried Cardarine while on orals? I am 56 and orals do mess with the lipids but I noticed cardarine helps tremendously and its very little difference.

Thanks for sharing this @RoyKeane!

I'm getting ready to add some var into my trt protocol. I'm 60 and currently running 180mg test cyp a week. Getting ready to order blood work in the next week or two.
I only plan on using 20mg a day var since I've never used var before.
Regardless, I've been wanting to add more fish in my diet so now I have a good reason to do so...for the long term! Thanks again!

IML Gear Cream!
I all goes back to normal post-use, which is good. No one in their 50's should be using orals long-term, so short runs (once / twice a year for 8 weeks) is probably safe for most.
But best to get other tests to be sure though (calcium score, visual stress-test, etc)...

Recently decided to run VAR again, 6 weeks at 50 mg/day, split 25mg am, 25mg pm. JPAL's Var and I loved it!

Did bloodwork before:

After 6 weeks of VAR

I embarked on a 8 week "eat a shit ton of fish, and take a lot of fish oil", and added Red Yeast Rice, CoQ10 as well.

After 8 weeks of that:
Total Cholesterol 131
LDL 66
HDL 54
Triglyceride 53

1) Var IS bad on lipids

Great Post Roy! It is such a needed thing...controlling your diet and using good proven supplements during your HRT/Cruise/Blast! I notice that ldl/hdl, triglycerides, and RBC/hema, e2 levels all get affected by just a small amount. I 100% take the supplements you took, along with a lot more. That , doing cardiovascular exercise , adding a lot of colorful
vegetables:fresh fruits, water, along with a great fatty acid/anti inflammatory diet has done wonder for me personally. I get a long acting test, rHGH , along with low dose proviron yearound so, it helps immensely to dial in and learn not just what is effective but, also the total mg/grams of each, the brand that works too! I had Vascepa for lowering my triglycerides and at the time it was expensive so, I switched to 5g of a cheaper fish oil that had a good mix of epa/dha , I lowered my triglycerides and helped my chole ratios for 1/10th the price . If you find a good brand of a supplement (like Himalaya Liv 52 or Doctors Best R-alpha Lipoic Acid) it really helps all the members. I appreciate your post alot

Max

Last edited:
yeah man- thanks for the post bro! I'm ur age and was getting ready to get some var., but I think u helped change my mind- not that I think it will hurt me or anything- just a risk/results kinda thing. I REALLY think that as we age, we should think long and hard about doing orals. When I was young I could take pretty much anything and just keep on truckin- but now- even w/ something that's supposed to be "mild", it really can have an effect on your overall health- just don't see a reason to take any chances- and not gonna be in any bikini briefs any time soon-lol. BUT- I don't think var. is bad or anything either-just maybe not for me. Not sure I could eat fish EVERDAY either- but I do take fish oil- religiously.

Ran Var when I was in my late 50s.

Var destroyed my lipids.

You can eat 40mg a day of lipitor and I am convinced (not positive) your lipid profile will suck.

My advice is do not run orals unless you are a competitor.

Good advice.

As well increased risk of kidney disease in older men, I'm Stage 3 CKD, no history of kidney problems before starting steroids 7 yrs ago.

Good advice.

As well increased risk of kidney disease in older men, I'm Stage 3 CKD, no history of kidney problems before starting steroids 7 yrs ago.

Hey Brother...now that's your Battle..your Journey..
Often I'm saddened by my condition but I'm trying to change my perspective..Looking at it as an Honor to be challenged and put to the test..I will give it my all..
Not saying what you should do...Never Brother..but kinda in the same boat..It is day 9 of this damn bed..
PM. sent
We are All here for you..

Did bloodwork before:

After 6 weeks of VAR

After 8 weeks of that:
Total Cholesterol 131
LDL 66
HDL 54
Triglyceride 53

1) Var IS bad on lipids
Which red yeast rice did u choose to go with?

Weird to me how little things can help lower that cholesterol, for me nothing lowers it...

Back