• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • IronMag Labs® 25% Off Sale!❤️‍🔥 Hardcore Bodybuilding Supplements💪Use Coupon Code ASF25 💊

John Meadows

Damn. Such a good dude, he seems like a great father too.

Very very sad ending to my day, he was an Icon, pioneer a very knowledgeable person. I’m lost for words there will not be another R.I.P. he will be missed prayers for him and his family.

49 years old! What the Heck!?? Did they say heart or aneurysm?

Max

He had a heart attack several months ago. This absolutely is bad news. The world was and still is a better place with him had being part of it.

Pulmonary Embolism in his sleep is what I heard.

I have been trying to do a workout video with him next week. I guess was supposed to.

​Terrible, terrible news.

Last edited:
IML Gear Cream!
We lost a true ambassador to the sport, bodybuilding lover and great athlete.

Our condolences to friends and family.

It's a sad day in our community. 😔

John-Meadows-min.jpg

This stuff kinda scares me...can't help but feel this is steroid related.

This could be any one of us.

I was just going to ask if you guys felt it was related to using gear….

I really hope this shit doesn’t kill me in 20 years, that would suck.

I mean he was had a underlying issue that was diagnosed in 05.

Idiopathic Myointimal Hyperplasia of the Mesenteric Veins

His blood clot (or heart attack) a few years back was thought to be related to this. I didn’t know him personally but I loved his Mountain Dog videos.

I was just going to ask if you guys felt it was related to using gear….

I really hope this shit doesn’t kill me in 20 years, that would suck.

Seems he had some "clotting" disorder. IDK...so hard to say.

But ppl shouldn't pass a way at 49. Especially ppl that are into fitness and exercise and eat well.

It's scary to me. I am 51 years old. But I didn't start doing anything with gear until 42 or 43 years old. I would be a lot more nervous if I was doing this since 25 or something.

I have seen is videos. And I would not have guessed this would have happened.

However, prior to this, I didn't guess him to be at 49. I thought he was probably more like late 50's. Looked older then he was IMO.

I mean he was had a underlying issue that was diagnosed in 05.

Idiopathic Myointimal Hyperplasia of the Mesenteric Veins

His blood clot (or heart attack) a few years back was thought to be related to this. I didn’t know him personally but I loved his Mountain Dog videos.

I just took a quick glance at that illness and it is not very well understood and very rare.

Also says it affects healthy males.

Would be very hard to pin on AAS use.

I just took a quick glance at that illness and it is not very well understood and very rare.

Also says it affects healthy males.

Would be very hard to pin on AAS use.

That’s what I mean. I wouldn’t say that this death is steroid related in the sense that steroids alone caused it. Did they help... probably not but this more of lighting strike than a cause and effect from steroids.

But ppl shouldn't pass a way at 49. Especially ppl that are into fitness and exercise and eat well.

It's scary to me. I am 51 years old. But I didn't start doing anything with gear until 42 or 43 years old. I would be a lot more nervous if I was doing this since 25 or something.

However, prior to this, I didn't guess him to be at 49. I thought he was probably more like late 50's. Looked older then he was IMO.

Ya it’s always a bit freaky to to think that your choices might be wrapping your fate, but I honestly think that most health issues related to bodybuilders and steroid use have more to do with the amount of steroids used then just the fact that they are using them. I think average joes taking average Joe doses and enough time off in between are far less likely to die from something related to using peds….

John died because of bad luck not because of life choices imo but if everyone wants to blame the steroid boogeyman than that’s fine.

Do more cardio and you’ll avoid most steroid related deaths. Also my opinion

Get Shredded!
John died because of bad luck not because of life choices imo but if everyone wants to blame the steroid boogeyman than that’s fine.

Do more cardio and you’ll avoid most steroid related deaths. Also my opinion

yeah more cardio is all you need to live a long healthy life while abusing steroids....Muhaha.

I thought this as well. He looked quite "aged" in some of his videos in the past year or two......rough looking.
Some people age better than others, despite lifestyles; some worse. Maybe this was the case?
He seemed like a really great guy and this is very sad. RIP

IMO

Although most bodybuilders are extremely healthy, most avoid cardio because of different reasons. They may do fifteen mins a day but most would hardly break into the anaerobic in that fifteen mins. They eat high protein diets. They also gain muscle mass that has to be fed by blood vessels which cause harder work on the heart. All the while avoiding cardio which conditions the heart muscle to heart strain.

The lipid profile for most people I know in bodybuilding speaks for itself.

Other than cardiac hypertrophy, I don’t think there isn’t one condition bodybuilders suffer from that couldn’t be improved by more cardio and I believe that one has more to do with gene expression anyways.

RIP. This death hit me harder than any other death in the bodybuilding world so far. He was a huge influence and I owe him a tremendous amount from a training perspective.

Definitely hitting a drop set of Meadows Rows today in his memory.

IMO

Although most bodybuilders are extremely healthy, most avoid cardio because of different reasons. They may do fifteen mins a day but most would hardly break into the anaerobic in that fifteen mins. They eat high protein diets. They also gain muscle mass that has to be fed by blood vessels which cause harder work on the heart. All the while avoiding cardio which conditions the heart muscle to heart strain.

The lipid profile for most people I know in bodybuilding speaks for itself.

Other than cardiac hypertrophy, I don’t think there isn’t one condition bodybuilders suffer from that couldn’t be improved by more cardio and I believe that one has more to do with gene expression anyways.

This is right.

Obviously with John, his genetics played a role in his death, but like others said, while he was in super good shape he wasn't aging super well.

The reality IMO is that regardless of steroid use, training hard with a bodybuilding focus (constantly hammering the mTOR pathway), eating lots of calories (with high protein), and carrying around a lot of weight for years is just disastrous from an anti-aging perspective, and I think you could see that with John, who went hard for 40 years (!) even though by all accounts he did his best to do things in a healthy way.

Of course, to re-iterate, it's impossible to correlate that directly with his death, considering his genetic issues etc.

That’s what I mean. I wouldn’t say that this death is steroid related in the sense that steroids alone caused it. Did they help... probably not but this more of lighting strike than a cause and effect from steroids.

I think we are on the same page.

Just ask someone my age in there 60s what AAS is like. I am glad I did not abuse AAS earlier in my life.

Genetic health condition or steroids?

Why do you think the answer is either/or?

Diseases of the cardiovascular system and steroids do not play very well together, especially with age, and, yes, running steroids in late 40s early 50s is nothing like running them in early 20s. It definitely gets riskier with age.

Back