• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Ammo prices normalizing again, window may close soon

heavyiron

Community Veteran
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Online ammo is normalizing but it probably wont last long. Apparently there are about 12-13 million more background checks each year so the new gun owners have created more demand. I'm guessing if multiple states shut down again there will be another rush on ammo.

Probably a good time to stock up for some range time.

ugh my state doesnt allow online ammo sales... Hell I woudl have to reregister just to buy ammo right now... Thankfully I go hunting in a neighboring state and buy ammo there.

ugh my state doesnt allow online ammo sales... Hell I woudl have to reregister just to buy ammo right now... Thankfully I go hunting in a neighboring state and buy ammo there.
The brick and mortars here are still pretty pricey but we have no restrictions on online ammo buying. Target Sports USA has some of the best prices I have seen in a long time.

What’s the law on having a buddy send ammo through mail service? Anyone?

What’s the law on having a buddy send ammo through mail service? Anyone?
You cant use USPS for sure, other carriers are more ammo friendly and some suppliers will double box your ammo so its not obvious what's in the box. However its probably a felony. :D

5.56, 9mm, .45 acp,
12 gauge...I'm decently stocked but you can never have too much I suppose..I'll have to check those prices!!

Last edited:
5.56, 9mm, .45 acp,
12 gauge...I'm decently stocked but you can never have too much I suppose..I'll have to check those prices!!
Last year I was going to the range 2-3 times per month so I was burning through it. Once the ammo shortages hit I basically could not practice at the range anymore without running my inventory super low so this year I'm buying in advance for range time.

Dang...I don't know. There's still literally an "ammo line starts here" sign outside the local stores. Definitely not "normal" in brick and mortar and they are sold out pretty much still...unless you're looking for .410 slugs or black powder. I need to check online again though. See if there are any deals.

IML Gear Cream!
Last year I was going to the range 2-3 times per month so I was burning through it. Once the ammo shortages hit I basically could not practice at the range anymore without running my inventory super low so this year I'm buying in advance for range time.
I stopped going so I could stock up

Dang...I don't know. There's still literally an "ammo line starts here" sign outside the local stores. Definitely not "normal" in brick and mortar and they are sold out pretty much still...unless you're looking for .410 slugs or black powder. I need to check online again though. See if there are any deals.
Speer Gold Dot is my fav handgun ammo. This price is retarded low. Usually its over 90 cents per round. Obviously FMJ is cheaper but if you want lifetime defensive rounds here you go.

9mm - Speer Gold Dot 124 Gr. +P JHP 1,000 rd. Can | Velocity Ammunition Sales (velocityammosales.com)

Been able to start hitting the range regularly again over the past few months. Ammo prices are still elevated but much more palatable than 6-12 months ago.

Guns are starting to come back. The good and bad of the pandemic. Creating a spike in demand and disruptions to supply, however it’s distracting typically anti-gun politicians from there usual pursuits.

I’ve also had good luck buying the ammoman.com

They’ve done me right many times.

I’ve also had good luck buying the ammoman.com

They’ve done me right many times.
Yup, I'm on their mailing list. They are pros.

It's still $.80/round for 9mm where I live and the local communists won't allow ammo to be shipped to my house. Pretty much been sitting on my stash since Covid and only went to the range a few times.

ammoseek.com best way I've found to search major sites for the best price

I'm finding ammo at low prices for now I myself have over $8k in ammo at $0.60 rd for most calibers. I will have to sit on it until another scare like this delta covid bs building up or til fall when things speed back up. Gunshows are slow spring/summer too much sunshine and fun going on fall/winter is the sale time now is the buying time. I'm gonna start buying 22lr again I'm sold all out at $80 brick 500rds I'll start buying again below $20 box cheapest I ever got was 12.5$ brick but I got 20k rds of ammo in 1 lick. No stimulus $ either holding things high same with car market slowly very slowly coming back down in some areas, homes in my area are dried up and silly high from Yankees moving in. All things are like stocks lows and highs baby lows and highs!

Cheap Russian ammo like Tulammo and Wolf will be gone. It will take a while for US manufacturers to pick up the slack but they still can't make it that cheap.

Gots 5k rds sitting around for $2 rd now 7.62x39 never been this high ever..may take forever to sell but yeah ima sit on it and buy more.

It will come back around. Russian manufacturers will build plants some place else that isn't banned. But it may take some time.
Makes me wonder if the government will throttle down ammo for civilians though. I looked last night and ammo cost was already trending upwards.

I can still get 223.,9mm,45acp rd 0.40 fmj that's better than 0.80+ a few mths ago..your odd calibers are still high but online you can find different odd calibers decently priced.. id stock up on all russian cal ammo 7.62x25,9x18,7.62x45,7.62x39,7.62x54,then 223.,22lr,9mm accordingly. I've seen 22lr 500rd boxs under $20 again stock before it goes back to $100+ box make some $$! I'm seriously considering accepting digital coin for ammo sales the next boom.

Back