M1t....holy hell

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by zionoir626 View Post
    I'm going to stop you right there..why are you unsure of the numbers???
    NEVER depend on anyone else's opinion or them saying the kidneys ,liver,heart or anything is fine..BIG mistake..
    Do you research about what they should be and know what your numbers are...Dr. just tried that shit with me..I said.."what are the numbers"...plus they are quick to just say everything is fine.. that's code for"I could care less"

Two yrs ago I wasn't feeling good and went to the ER..Dr. asked what's up..I replied..give me a bag of fluids and run labs..Two hours later he returns... Everything is normal...fine... What's the numbers..?? When he ran down the list...BAMB.. Hemoglobin was 14...I told Jim something was wrong,mine is never that low..we argued,then he researches my history to find out I was right..So he ran it again,came back 13... Anybody want to guess what the problem was..??
    that was a total no bullshit post you are actually spot on because it just happened to me my d dimer was 280 1 week later itís 290 10 points higher yet sheís saying it fine how is it fine itís went up 10 points
    no doubt other markers are off Iím going to ask to get a print of my blood work and read it Iím going to remember this great reply now and always ask for the blood work

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,147 Posts
    Rep Points

As you age your body changes way more than we really realize..and you Better change with it..But knowing what the numbers mean is crucial and time well spent..I have spent far to much time in ER's with Dr.s with God complexes or ones just graduated..Or them wanting to do another CTscan for $ all the while the scan was never needed..Just another way to get money from an insurance company..

If I was on top of my markers and knowledgeable of ALL the numbers,perhaps I'd have more time..The Biggest mistake of my life..
    Never put your health in any body's hands..It is Your responsibility to stay on top of that stuff..

Probably the Best thing you could ever do for YOU.. because people will let you down..lie to you or just want another 10 or 20k for the Hospital..

I'm hoping some guys out there are ready this..saying,what do the #'s mean and do the needed research and take responsibility..And avoid what I'm going through..At leash I can hope..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by zionoir626 View Post
    As you age your body changes way more than we really realize..and you Better change with it..But knowing what the numbers mean is crucial and time well spent..I have spent far to much time in ER's with Dr.s with God complexes or ones just graduated..Or them wanting to do another CTscan for $ all the while the scan was never needed..Just another way to get money from an insurance company..

If I was on top of my markers and knowledgeable of ALL the numbers,perhaps I'd have more time..The Biggest mistake of my life..
    Never put your health in any body's hands..It is Your responsibility to stay on top of that stuff..

Probably the Best thing you could ever do for YOU.. because people will let you down..lie to you or just want another 10 or 20k for the Hospital..

I'm hoping some guys out there are ready this..saying,what do the #'s mean and do the needed research and take responsibility..And avoid what I'm going through..At leash I can hope..
    this is a great response and I really hope everyone dose this it should be a sticky on this actually because you are absolutely right what they say is normal isnít if you know your numbers

amazing post bud that everyone should read now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,147 Posts
    Rep Points

Some of us have paved the road for others..paved with blood..sweat..and lots of bad choices..lessons learned the hardest of ways..But we share our knowledge here to hopefully save someone else's blood and sweat..in paving a road ahead..

It's my wish to leave behind more knowledge than I've taken.. I'm a hard headed,gotta learn for myself person..but others don't have to follow that example,rather learn from others..And we have the best collection of guys with tons of experience in Life..Now wether they listen or not..

I'm glad you saw my point..that Okay it's thing used to work until the bottom fell out..but no one has to Wait to THAT point.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    955 Posts
    Rep Points

I made so many mistakes in the game. mainly listening to ppl thought knew it all. Bloods always good and keep them so you can always look back at past results.
    Blood sweat and years

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,147 Posts
    Rep Points

Yeah back in those days..good information was hard to come by..no WWW..or Facebook..all that we have at fingertips today..
    But today it's a whole new world..

Still I advocate for one to be diligent.. patient..and resourceful to educate themselves in whatever them embark on.Not to follow like sheep..for like them to be slaughtered..

Not if...but WHEN..
    Life throws you a curve ball and hits you square in the Nuts..it only galvanizes you never to quit..but Rise