Coming off hydrocodone

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 43
  1. #1
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    460

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    14
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    67
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Rep Points
    325128662

    Coming off hydrocodone

    Long story short, I had a serious injury a while back and was started on Oxys then Hydros. Of course I loved the euphoric feeling and ended up at 60mg a day. I have been off 3 days cold Turkey, I canít sleep and even if I can I feel always exhausted and drained along with an elevated heartbeat . Are there any natural remedies I can do to combat this exhaustion and zombie- like spaced out feeling? Mentally I want to stuff but physically my head is like scrambled eggs and the exhaustion and high heart rate catch up to me. I would like to speed this up bc not going to the gym Is killing me

  2. #2
    Carpet-Chewer
    Augustine5I's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    6,838

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,590
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,469
    Thanked in
    1,943 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    There is no speeding up bro.

    Let the person "today" decide to be clean. Taking it day by day.

    I hope you tossed all that shit out so you aren't tempted.

  3. #3
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    460

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    14
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    67
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Rep Points
    325128662

    Quote Originally Posted by Augustine5I View Post
    There is no speeding up bro.

    Let the person "today" decide to be clean. Taking it day by day.

    I hope you tossed all that shit out so you aren't tempted.
    Shit is long gone. I donít do that tapering

  4. #4
    ASF MVP
    SUPER MOD
    Multislacking's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    18,111

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    19,045
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    21,316
    Thanked in
    10,338 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    I never got anything off pain pills...zero buzz/boost/etc. Most times they barely touched the pain I was experiencing. So I'm not a good judge of what will work for you. Having said that, have you considered trying kratom? Replacing one crutch with another is usually problematic, but at least you'll be functional on kratom. Kratom affects the same pathways as opiates, but it's more of a gentle tickle than a full on gang bang. It may help you from getting the itch to use again though.

  5. #5
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    460

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    14
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    67
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Rep Points
    325128662

    Quote Originally Posted by Multislacking View Post
    I never got anything off pain pills...zero buzz/boost/etc. Most times they barely touched the pain I was experiencing. So I'm not a good judge of what will work for you. Having said that, have you considered trying kratom? Replacing one crutch with another is usually problematic, but at least you'll be functional on kratom. Kratom affects the same pathways as opiates, but it's more of a gentle tickle than a full on gang bang. It may help you from getting the itch to use again though.
    Whatís weird is Iím not physically freaking out but this was short term. Prolly a month but that was 1-2 tabs a day. The last 2 weeks was 5-6 a day. I donít really have experience with Kratom so Iíll look into that. I do have a pack of thc gummies that I havenít used I was give. For free, never tried them bc I used to get so paranoid when Iíd smoke 15 years ago

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Riles's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Pacific NorthWest
    Posts
    1,551

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    174
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    50
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Give Kratom a shot, there used to be a few guys on this board that used it to come off opiates, I use it for systemic pain and it makes it bearable, doesnít completely mask it but makes it bearable
    "Pick up the bar! that shit aint gonna lift itself!" M. Philp

  7. #7
    ASF MVP
    SUPER MOD
    Multislacking's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    18,111

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    19,045
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    21,316
    Thanked in
    10,338 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by cujo200231 View Post
    Whatís weird is Iím not physically freaking out but this was short term. Prolly a month but that was 1-2 tabs a day. The last 2 weeks was 5-6 a day. I donít really have experience with Kratom so Iíll look into that. I do have a pack of thc gummies that I havenít used I was give. For free, never tried them bc I used to get so paranoid when Iíd smoke 15 years ago
    Ah, ok. You'll probably be ok. I thought maybe you were talking about months/years of opiate abuse. The halflife of hydrocodone is only like 4 hrs. So the physical side should be over pretty quickly (relatively speaking), but the mental side of it depends on your disposition towards drugs and "feeling good". Hopefully some more "experienced" people will chime in.

  8. #8
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    460

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    14
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    67
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Rep Points
    325128662

    Yeah zero depression or bad feeling. Mentally I feel normal. I donít have the feel good like I do on them, but I feel how I should. Physically is a different story. The lethargic feeling and feeling so tired that I want to sleep but canít are the worse

  9. #9
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    199

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    5
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    62
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Rep Points
    620100

    Look for something called ZaZa. Itís tianeptine and something else in it but only take a couple to kill withdrawals. Or help with withdrawals. I mean donít switch from pain pills to ZaZa. It can be bought at smoke shops like where youíd find kratom and cbd stuff. But really if youíre 3 or 4 days into it youíre almost though the worst of it. Iíve done it many times because I too had a back injury and prescribed opiates. You just have to rest man. Try to overlook the restless leg syndrome if youíre having it. There is also a medicine that helps a lot itís for the chills and hot flashes. Itís called oscillococinum. And you can also take Imodium on larger mg and will lessen the withdrawals. If I were you Iíd go with the Imodium as crazy as it sounds it would probably work the best. Loperamide is the active ingredient that helps with withdrawals. Iíve also tried this many times and it does work. What works the best is will power though. Gotta have great will power. But I supposed you probably do have a lot of will power. Rest and rest some more. Donít give in. Screw working out. You gotta get this things beat. Hope you can do it and hope you feel better soon brother.

  10. #10
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    199

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    5
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    62
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Rep Points
    620100

    I would start with the Imodium tablets. Not liquid. Get a larger bottle and if you want advice on how much to take message me. I can promise you Imodium does work for warding off withdrawal Iíd say about 80% of it anyway.

  11. #11
    Registered User
    TinyNutzzz's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    632

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    989
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    174
    Thanked in
    121 Posts
    Rep Points
    648598137

    Bro I had a very bad work accident and cut 3 fingers and my thumb off my left hand. Long story short first they had me hooked on oxy then switched to norcs 31 surgeries la yt er s n.v d my hand still not fixed they stopped giving me vicodin cold turkey. It was as bad as a heroin addict withdrawing. I can say this and I know it's still a crutch but Kratom really help and takes away the addiction withdrawls. I take mine from a local company that has multiple strains. I prefer what's called trainwreck. It not only takes the pain away it helps my brain stay calm since I have PTSD aswell. GOODLUCK it's a str8 up battle. But if I could do it Brother anyone can BIG FACTS

  12. #12
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    199

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    5
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    62
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Rep Points
    620100

    Kratom is also addictive tho. Itís hard to come off too.

  13. #13
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    1,050

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    675
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    451
    Thanked in
    321 Posts
    Rep Points
    4500100

    Just gotta ride it out brother it will passÖ physical withdrawals from opiates donít last longÖ

  14. #14
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    460

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    14
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    67
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Rep Points
    325128662

    Quote Originally Posted by JamJam View Post
    Look for something called ZaZa. Itís tianeptine and something else in it but only take a couple to kill withdrawals. Or help with withdrawals. I mean donít switch from pain pills to ZaZa. It can be bought at smoke shops like where youíd find kratom and cbd stuff. But really if youíre 3 or 4 days into it youíre almost though the worst of it. Iíve done it many times because I too had a back injury and prescribed opiates. You just have to rest man. Try to overlook the restless leg syndrome if youíre having it. There is also a medicine that helps a lot itís for the chills and hot flashes. Itís called oscillococinum. And you can also take Imodium on larger mg and will lessen the withdrawals. If I were you Iíd go with the Imodium as crazy as it sounds it would probably work the best. Loperamide is the active ingredient that helps with withdrawals. Iíve also tried this many times and it does work. What works the best is will power though. Gotta have great will power. But I supposed you probably do have a lot of will power. Rest and rest some more. Donít give in. Screw working out. You gotta get this things beat. Hope you can do it and hope you feel better soon brother.
    First of all thanks for all the response.

    The restless leg stuff is no joke! I didnít know it it was that or the zzzquil.

  15. #15
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    199

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    5
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    62
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Rep Points
    620100

    Zquill does the exact same thing to me. It gives me restless legs too. But opiate withdrawals give you restless legs bad. Combined with zquil itís terrible. I swear man Imodium helps.
    I know that sounds crazy that diarrhea medicine would work but it definately works.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-19-2018, 07:44 AM
  2. Replies: 41
    Last Post: 01-17-2017, 05:24 AM
  3. Coming Over from IMF
    By Phil_McRevis in forum New Members
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 12-24-2015, 02:51 AM
  4. TD coming soon
    By mofro82 in forum Domestic Supply
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-02-2014, 01:35 PM
  5. Who is Coming With Me...
    By TigerTailgater in forum Muscle Central
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-05-2014, 01:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Copyright© 2012-2021 Anabolic Steroid Discussion Forums