Coming off hydrocodone

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Rep Points

Coming off hydrocodone

Long story short, I had a serious injury a while back and was started on Oxys then Hydros. Of course I loved the euphoric feeling and ended up at 60mg a day. I have been off 3 days cold Turkey, I canít sleep and even if I can I feel always exhausted and drained along with an elevated heartbeat . Are there any natural remedies I can do to combat this exhaustion and zombie- like spaced out feeling? Mentally I want to stuff but physically my head is like scrambled eggs and the exhaustion and high heart rate catch up to me. I would like to speed this up bc not going to the gym Is killing me

Carpet-Chewer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,943 Posts
    Rep Points

There is no speeding up bro.

Let the person "today" decide to be clean. Taking it day by day.

I hope you tossed all that shit out so you aren't tempted.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Augustine5I View Post
    There is no speeding up bro.

Let the person "today" decide to be clean. Taking it day by day.

I hope you tossed all that shit out so you aren't tempted.
    Shit is long gone. I donít do that tapering

ASF MVP
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10,338 Posts
    Rep Points

I never got anything off pain pills...zero buzz/boost/etc. Most times they barely touched the pain I was experiencing. So I'm not a good judge of what will work for you. Having said that, have you considered trying kratom? Replacing one crutch with another is usually problematic, but at least you'll be functional on kratom. Kratom affects the same pathways as opiates, but it's more of a gentle tickle than a full on gang bang. It may help you from getting the itch to use again though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Multislacking View Post
    I never got anything off pain pills...zero buzz/boost/etc. Most times they barely touched the pain I was experiencing. So I'm not a good judge of what will work for you. Having said that, have you considered trying kratom? Replacing one crutch with another is usually problematic, but at least you'll be functional on kratom. Kratom affects the same pathways as opiates, but it's more of a gentle tickle than a full on gang bang. It may help you from getting the itch to use again though.
    Whatís weird is Iím not physically freaking out but this was short term. Prolly a month but that was 1-2 tabs a day. The last 2 weeks was 5-6 a day. I donít really have experience with Kratom so Iíll look into that. I do have a pack of thc gummies that I havenít used I was give. For free, never tried them bc I used to get so paranoid when Iíd smoke 15 years ago

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Rep Points

Give Kratom a shot, there used to be a few guys on this board that used it to come off opiates, I use it for systemic pain and it makes it bearable, doesnít completely mask it but makes it bearable
    "Pick up the bar! that shit aint gonna lift itself!" M. Philp

ASF MVP
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10,338 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by cujo200231 View Post
    Whatís weird is Iím not physically freaking out but this was short term. Prolly a month but that was 1-2 tabs a day. The last 2 weeks was 5-6 a day. I donít really have experience with Kratom so Iíll look into that. I do have a pack of thc gummies that I havenít used I was give. For free, never tried them bc I used to get so paranoid when Iíd smoke 15 years ago
    Ah, ok. You'll probably be ok. I thought maybe you were talking about months/years of opiate abuse. The halflife of hydrocodone is only like 4 hrs. So the physical side should be over pretty quickly (relatively speaking), but the mental side of it depends on your disposition towards drugs and "feeling good". Hopefully some more "experienced" people will chime in.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Rep Points

Yeah zero depression or bad feeling. Mentally I feel normal. I donít have the feel good like I do on them, but I feel how I should. Physically is a different story. The lethargic feeling and feeling so tired that I want to sleep but canít are the worse

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Rep Points

Look for something called ZaZa. Itís tianeptine and something else in it but only take a couple to kill withdrawals. Or help with withdrawals. I mean donít switch from pain pills to ZaZa. It can be bought at smoke shops like where youíd find kratom and cbd stuff. But really if youíre 3 or 4 days into it youíre almost though the worst of it. Iíve done it many times because I too had a back injury and prescribed opiates. You just have to rest man. Try to overlook the restless leg syndrome if youíre having it. There is also a medicine that helps a lot itís for the chills and hot flashes. Itís called oscillococinum. And you can also take Imodium on larger mg and will lessen the withdrawals. If I were you Iíd go with the Imodium as crazy as it sounds it would probably work the best. Loperamide is the active ingredient that helps with withdrawals. Iíve also tried this many times and it does work. What works the best is will power though. Gotta have great will power. But I supposed you probably do have a lot of will power. Rest and rest some more. Donít give in. Screw working out. You gotta get this things beat. Hope you can do it and hope you feel better soon brother.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Rep Points

I would start with the Imodium tablets. Not liquid. Get a larger bottle and if you want advice on how much to take message me. I can promise you Imodium does work for warding off withdrawal Iíd say about 80% of it anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    121 Posts
    Rep Points

Bro I had a very bad work accident and cut 3 fingers and my thumb off my left hand. Long story short first they had me hooked on oxy then switched to norcs 31 surgeries la yt er s n.v d my hand still not fixed they stopped giving me vicodin cold turkey. It was as bad as a heroin addict withdrawing. I can say this and I know it's still a crutch but Kratom really help and takes away the addiction withdrawls. I take mine from a local company that has multiple strains. I prefer what's called trainwreck. It not only takes the pain away it helps my brain stay calm since I have PTSD aswell. GOODLUCK it's a str8 up battle. But if I could do it Brother anyone can BIG FACTS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Rep Points

Kratom is also addictive tho. Itís hard to come off too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    321 Posts
    Rep Points

Just gotta ride it out brother it will passÖ physical withdrawals from opiates donít last longÖ

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by JamJam View Post
    Look for something called ZaZa. Itís tianeptine and something else in it but only take a couple to kill withdrawals. Or help with withdrawals. I mean donít switch from pain pills to ZaZa. It can be bought at smoke shops like where youíd find kratom and cbd stuff. But really if youíre 3 or 4 days into it youíre almost though the worst of it. Iíve done it many times because I too had a back injury and prescribed opiates. You just have to rest man. Try to overlook the restless leg syndrome if youíre having it. There is also a medicine that helps a lot itís for the chills and hot flashes. Itís called oscillococinum. And you can also take Imodium on larger mg and will lessen the withdrawals. If I were you Iíd go with the Imodium as crazy as it sounds it would probably work the best. Loperamide is the active ingredient that helps with withdrawals. Iíve also tried this many times and it does work. What works the best is will power though. Gotta have great will power. But I supposed you probably do have a lot of will power. Rest and rest some more. Donít give in. Screw working out. You gotta get this things beat. Hope you can do it and hope you feel better soon brother.
    First of all thanks for all the response.

The restless leg stuff is no joke! I didnít know it it was that or the zzzquil.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Rep Points

Zquill does the exact same thing to me. It gives me restless legs too. But opiate withdrawals give you restless legs bad. Combined with zquil itís terrible. I swear man Imodium helps.
    I know that sounds crazy that diarrhea medicine would work but it definately works.