• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Coming off hydrocodone

cujo200231

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Long story short, I had a serious injury a while back and was started on Oxys then Hydros. Of course I loved the euphoric feeling and ended up at 60mg a day. I have been off 3 days cold Turkey, I can’t sleep and even if I can I feel always exhausted and drained along with an elevated heartbeat . Are there any natural remedies I can do to combat this exhaustion and zombie- like spaced out feeling? Mentally I want to stuff but physically my head is like scrambled eggs and the exhaustion and high heart rate catch up to me. I would like to speed this up bc not going to the gym Is killing me

I never got anything off pain pills...zero buzz/boost/etc. Most times they barely touched the pain I was experiencing. So I'm not a good judge of what will work for you. Having said that, have you considered trying kratom? Replacing one crutch with another is usually problematic, but at least you'll be functional on kratom. Kratom affects the same pathways as opiates, but it's more of a gentle tickle than a full on gang bang. It may help you from getting the itch to use again though.

I never got anything off pain pills...zero buzz/boost/etc. Most times they barely touched the pain I was experiencing. So I'm not a good judge of what will work for you. Having said that, have you considered trying kratom? Replacing one crutch with another is usually problematic, but at least you'll be functional on kratom. Kratom affects the same pathways as opiates, but it's more of a gentle tickle than a full on gang bang. It may help you from getting the itch to use again though.

What’s weird is I’m not physically freaking out but this was short term. Prolly a month but that was 1-2 tabs a day. The last 2 weeks was 5-6 a day. I don’t really have experience with Kratom so I’ll look into that. I do have a pack of thc gummies that I haven’t used I was give. For free, never tried them bc I used to get so paranoid when I’d smoke 15 years ago

Give Kratom a shot, there used to be a few guys on this board that used it to come off opiates, I use it for systemic pain and it makes it bearable, doesn’t completely mask it but makes it bearable

What’s weird is I’m not physically freaking out but this was short term. Prolly a month but that was 1-2 tabs a day. The last 2 weeks was 5-6 a day. I don’t really have experience with Kratom so I’ll look into that. I do have a pack of thc gummies that I haven’t used I was give. For free, never tried them bc I used to get so paranoid when I’d smoke 15 years ago

Ah, ok. You'll probably be ok. I thought maybe you were talking about months/years of opiate abuse. The halflife of hydrocodone is only like 4 hrs. So the physical side should be over pretty quickly (relatively speaking), but the mental side of it depends on your disposition towards drugs and "feeling good". Hopefully some more "experienced" people will chime in.

Yeah zero depression or bad feeling. Mentally I feel normal. I don’t have the feel good like I do on them, but I feel how I should. Physically is a different story. The lethargic feeling and feeling so tired that I want to sleep but can’t are the worse

Look for something called ZaZa. It’s tianeptine and something else in it but only take a couple to kill withdrawals. Or help with withdrawals. I mean don’t switch from pain pills to ZaZa. It can be bought at smoke shops like where you’d find kratom and cbd stuff. But really if you’re 3 or 4 days into it you’re almost though the worst of it. I’ve done it many times because I too had a back injury and prescribed opiates. You just have to rest man. Try to overlook the restless leg syndrome if you’re having it. There is also a medicine that helps a lot it’s for the chills and hot flashes. It’s called oscillococinum. And you can also take Imodium on larger mg and will lessen the withdrawals. If I were you I’d go with the Imodium as crazy as it sounds it would probably work the best. Loperamide is the active ingredient that helps with withdrawals. I’ve also tried this many times and it does work. What works the best is will power though. Gotta have great will power. But I supposed you probably do have a lot of will power. Rest and rest some more. Don’t give in. Screw working out. You gotta get this things beat. Hope you can do it and hope you feel better soon brother.

I would start with the Imodium tablets. Not liquid. Get a larger bottle and if you want advice on how much to take message me. I can promise you Imodium does work for warding off withdrawal I’d say about 80% of it anyway.

IML Gear Cream!
Bro I had a very bad work accident and cut 3 fingers and my thumb off my left hand. Long story short first they had me hooked on oxy then switched to norcs 31 surgeries la yt er s n.v d my hand still not fixed they stopped giving me vicodin cold turkey. It was as bad as a heroin addict withdrawing. I can say this and I know it's still a crutch but Kratom really help and takes away the addiction withdrawls. I take mine from a local company that has multiple strains. I prefer what's called trainwreck. It not only takes the pain away it helps my brain stay calm since I have PTSD aswell. GOODLUCK it's a str8 up battle. But if I could do it Brother anyone can BIG FACTS

Look for something called ZaZa. It’s tianeptine and something else in it but only take a couple to kill withdrawals. Or help with withdrawals. I mean don’t switch from pain pills to ZaZa. It can be bought at smoke shops like where you’d find kratom and cbd stuff. But really if you’re 3 or 4 days into it you’re almost though the worst of it. I’ve done it many times because I too had a back injury and prescribed opiates. You just have to rest man. Try to overlook the restless leg syndrome if you’re having it. There is also a medicine that helps a lot it’s for the chills and hot flashes. It’s called oscillococinum. And you can also take Imodium on larger mg and will lessen the withdrawals. If I were you I’d go with the Imodium as crazy as it sounds it would probably work the best. Loperamide is the active ingredient that helps with withdrawals. I’ve also tried this many times and it does work. What works the best is will power though. Gotta have great will power. But I supposed you probably do have a lot of will power. Rest and rest some more. Don’t give in. Screw working out. You gotta get this things beat. Hope you can do it and hope you feel better soon brother.

First of all thanks for all the response.

The restless leg stuff is no joke! I didn’t know it it was that or the zzzquil.

Zquill does the exact same thing to me. It gives me restless legs too. But opiate withdrawals give you restless legs bad. Combined with zquil it’s terrible. I swear man Imodium helps.
I know that sounds crazy that diarrhea medicine would work but it definately works.

I’ve come off opiates every time I had surgery regardless of how long I took them. It’s always the same every time. It won’t last forever, suck it up and you won’t die, trust me. Trading one dependency for another is not a solution.

Zquill does the exact same thing to me. It gives me restless legs too. But opiate withdrawals give you restless legs bad. Combined with zquil it’s terrible. I swear man Imodium helps.
I know that sounds crazy that diarrhea medicine would work but it definately works.

Like I have zero cravings, I just want to sleep. Does Imodium help with that

Kratom is also addictive tho. It’s hard to come off too.
If definitely can be habit forming especially when using it to combat an opioid addiction. I def want my kratom but I can go w/o it unlike xanax or vicodin thatll literally give you some bad ass withdrawls.

To be honest arent we addicts of some form. I've traded my addiction of alchohol,cocaine and pain pills for the gym,the secret sauce and some new herb to help with pain but I'VE ALWAYS SMOKED the main herb lol

Just gotta ride it out brother it will pass… physical withdrawals from opiates don’t last long…
They might not last long but they are pure torture and hell. Especially when houte brain has now become chemically dependent on it creating a chemical imbalance in your brain and mental health now too

Get Shredded!
They might not last long but they are pure torture and hell. Especially when houte brain has now become chemically dependent on it creating a chemical imbalance in your brain and mental health now too

You’re preaching to the choir on that one. Unfortunately I’m well versed in the hell you speak of. I didn’t say it was gonna be easy, just that it’s gonna get better… I’m years clean and I barely even think about the shit anymore…

You’re preaching to the choir on that one. Unfortunately I’m well versed in the hell you speak of. I didn’t say it was gonna be easy, just that it’s gonna get better… I’m years clean and I barely even think about the shit anymore…
That's awesome brother. I've gone threw this hell we probably all gave chimed in on. Big Pharma really knew how to get their hooks lines and sinkers into usvon this one. I had an accident my dr got me hooked on multiple pain meds and bs pills. I totally get the struggle. Again props on the sobriety

That's awesome brother. I've gone threw this hell we probably all gave chimed in on. Big Pharma really knew how to get their hooks lines and sinkers into usvon this one. I had an accident my dr got me hooked on multiple pain meds and bs pills. I totally get the struggle. Again props on the sobriety

Thanks man I really appreciate that. Took years for me to finally do it but if I hadn’t got out when I did I think I’d be dead by now. After all the overdoses on my record, I think I would literally have to be dying before any Dr would prescribe me an opiate again and I’m ok with that. I can work through the pain but I can’t work through an active opiate addiction, that shit consumes you and literally smothers everything else in your life…

I hope you can find your way out too, I don’t know many people that made it real long while using opiates, most died with in a few years, especially once they started injecting the stuff… no shame in telling your doctor your an addict and cannot be prescribed medication of that sort, to avoid the temptation that comes with getting prescribed something…if I got prescribed even Vicodin it would probably initiate downward spiral where I’d just keep looking for something more and next thing I know I’m making a run to the city to grab a gram … just so easy to fall back into that addict mind frame.

Best thing for me was to start completely new. Dropped every friend I ever had, don’t make friends with anyone who uses, keep my social life minimal and surround my self with healthy minded family. Starting my own family is probably what really gave me the motivation I needed. Between my family, weight lifting, hunting and work, I literally don’t have time for anything else and I’m happier than a pig in poo…

There is definitely hope for a new start…

The general rule for short term use of opiates is however long you were taking the opiates it will take half as long to feel 100% normal again after stopping them. Congrats on stopping them bro. They reek havoc on your natural test production as well so your gonna be way better off.

As fucked up as it sounds going through the physical WDs is the easiest part. Staying off is a whole other animal. Stay strong dude

As fucked up as it sounds going through the physical WDs is the easiest part. Staying off is a whole other animal. Stay strong dude

Trust me man, this insomnia is making me fucking nuts. But other than that and restless legs I’m back to Normal thank god. I was only using for a month and blasting for 2 weeks

I have a friend that has a smoke shop and the gummies I get from him are incredible..They really help me with anxiety and sleep..Might be worth a try..Stay strong..you can beat this..

I have a friend that has a smoke shop and the gummies I get from him are incredible..They really help me with anxiety and sleep..Might be worth a try..Stay strong..you can beat this..

I’ll have to look into it. I was given some gummies and they gave me anxiety and paranoid lol. I’m not well versed in thc but maybe a different strain would chill me out. I’m also in the Fucking hellhole state of NY where thc is still illegal so I have to have it shipped to me lol

I love the upstate..lived There a couple of times..

I love the upstate..lived There a couple of times..

Cuomo crushed this state. I’m hoping to eventually move to Florida. Unfortunately And fortunately I have a successful gym and promotional business. That how I afford my lambo and 18ius of serostim a day when people say I’m full of shit

Back