• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Why try Pro Card?

MONSTRO

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Why try Pro Card?

Below are some realities of an IFBB pro card

It costs $200 for your pro card, which only allows you to compete in pro shows until the end of the year. Yes, 200 dollars a year.
If you turn pro in a popular division, you will have company. 50+ women a year turn pro in physique, figure and bikini. An IFBB pro card is not as rare as it was just 5 years ago. 10 years ago few were turning pro, now hundreds each year turn pro. Remember big names like Rich Piana, Dave palumbo , Bostin Loyd never turn pro in that time but if was today probably all of them are pros

When you make your pro debut, few will have any clue who you are. Very few remember who won class b at so and so National show. I can’t tell you how many times each year I am looking up pros, because i am clueless who they are, what show they turned pro in, etc.

Many Pros say that it’s like starting out all over again. You may have won the overall at Jr Nationals, but not even make upper call outs at your pro debut.
I notice quite a few build a small Team. If you are smart, pretty, and have a large following on social media, and are good with people, you should be able to get small sponsorships as an IFBB pro. You may even get lucky and find a sponsor that will pay your competition expenses for a few shows. No one should be competing in hopes that competing will be financially rewarding at some point.

The downside of the above is, most who build Teams, shouldn’t. Just because you are a personal trainer and IFBB pro does not mean you are qualified to prep people for shows. Also many women hook up with sponsors they don’t believe in, promoting the garbage on social media.

Be smart . Earn money instead of losing it and of course health first .

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1606812072755-620x420@2x.jpg
    FB_IMG_1606812072755-620x420@2x.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 77
Great info

It is for this very reason I did not pursue a LW Pro Card in Strongman, though I easily could have had it

The thing was, "if" you obtained one, you then were limited to maybe 5 shows all year and those shows were anywhere around the Country. You pay for your own travel, your own hotel, then you also pay to enter the contest, usually about $100+ bucks. And if you win, you might get a nice trophy or two and a prize pack.

Then you have to qualify for Nationals each year, pay for all travel and accomodations to that. If you didn't do a certain number of shows per year (maybe 3) then you LOSE your procard.

Who the hell wants to do that?

There is NO money in the Lightweight (231 lbs and below) level

Now in the Heavyweights, like my training partner Poundstone, there is alot of money to be made (not compared to bodybuilding). But winning a Super Serires or Giants Live might bring you $5-10K plus prizes. They pay for your travel. You dont pay to enter. And something like WSM or the Arnold if you win can be $25-50K in prize money

Sadly, in this "PRO" sport, "athletes" don't get paid very well. Only the few at the top make any real good money...while an average NFL player will make x10 what they "win."

It just isn't valued.

And for years, it hasn't been respected bc of the excessive abuse of PED. Average person just doesn't buy into the sport, feeling it's not the person or genetics but the amount of PEDs used.

IMO do it bc you love it and do it for yourself.

If you dream of big money as an instagram influencer or some crap, forget it.

Great info

It is for this very reason I did not pursue a LW Pro Card in Strongman, though I easily could have had it

The thing was, "if" you obtained one, you then were limited to maybe 5 shows all year and those shows were anywhere around the Country. You pay for your own travel, your own hotel, then you also pay to enter the contest, usually about $100+ bucks. And if you win, you might get a nice trophy or two and a prize pack.

Then you have to qualify for Nationals each year, pay for all travel and accomodations to that. If you didn't do a certain number of shows per year (maybe 3) then you LOSE your procard.

Who the hell wants to do that?

There is NO money in the Lightweight (231 lbs and below) level

Now in the Heavyweights, like my training partner Poundstone, there is alot of money to be made (not compared to bodybuilding). But winning a Super Serires or Giants Live might bring you $5-10K plus prizes. They pay for your travel. You dont pay to enter. And something like WSM or the Arnold if you win can be $25-50K in prize money

I ask you ho is the winner? Federation of course.
Mr Olympia Portugal as amateur you pay 300 euros to compete each category 90 euros paint , hotel and trip . And dont forget to get pro card the amount of food you need and gear and also HGH that can cost you over 3k per month easy . For a medal? and after competition nobody knows ho you are .

I’m going for my pro card for my own personal goal. Has nothing to so with money, I already have a well paying job. I just want to be a pro in the sport I love, its always been a dream of mine.

I clicked thinking there would be an update on Pro Card. I was hoping to get refreshed on tasting and finger dipping orals.

If you are not prepared to pay $200 for a procard annually, then the $130 NPC card and $350 to enter each pro qualifier is probably going to cancel you out if you are chasing a pro card in the USA. The guys I met backstage at the North American were multi time tryouts.

I’m going for my pro card for my own personal goal. Has nothing to so with money, I already have a well paying job. I just want to be a pro in the sport I love, its always been a dream of mine.

This is the kind of words that worth go for it . Go brother and we are paying for you to win and conquer a dream

I clicked thinking there would be an update on Pro Card. I was hoping to get refreshed on tasting and finger dipping orals.

If you are not prepared to pay $200 for a procard annually, then the $130 NPC card and $350 to enter each pro qualifier is probably going to cancel you out if you are chasing a pro card in the USA. The guys I met backstage at the North American were multi time tryouts.

Yes and here the minimum pay check here in Portugal is 600 euros month . How much united states? 2k ,3k ?
Yes if you have money and a dream go for it , i just tell on article that dont worth to chase pro card. People think when they get pros they earn a salary per month like any other sport as professional .

Yes and here the minimum pay check here in Portugal is 600 euros month . How much united states? 2k ,3k ?
Yes if you have money and a dream go for it , i just tell on article that dont worth to chase pro card. People think when they get pros they earn a salary per month like any other sport as professional .
I see. Another person not from America thinking we are all wealthy and well paid. Every bodybuilder I ever met spent all their money on the sport. Food, supplements, gear…whatever. At least before Instagram and the real bodybuilders showed up. However much they made, that’s how much they spent.

I’ve prepped for 2 shows and dropped out last minute. I love everything about bodybuilding except competing. I could never get past paying someone to judge me while stand in front of a crowd of random people, oiled up in man panties all in the hopes of a plastic trophy. Hell when I used to dance people paid me.

What other sport do pros have to pay to compete?

IML Gear Cream!
I’ve prepped for 2 shows and dropped out last minute. I love everything about bodybuilding except competing. I could never get past paying someone to judge me while stand in front of a crowd of random people, oiled up in man panties all in the hopes of a plastic trophy. Hell when I used to dance people paid me.

[h=1]“Bodybuilding is men on a stage in their underwear wearing brown paint showing other men their muscles. It is training for appearance only, and at the contest level requires a degree of vanity, narcissism, and self-absorption that I find distasteful and odd.”[/h]
Mark Rippetoe

If you’re honest people call you a liar, because they take 5x the amount and they still look like shit. They’re just one magic stack away from becoming Ronnie Coleman.
I see competitors and pros train daily. Hell Roelly, Hunter and Charles Glass were at my gym this week amongst a lot of other people.
these guys train hard and heavy, failure set after beyond failure set all to have some little dipshit online say “steroids”, “drugs”. It’s not the years of consistent training and eating progressive. It’s more drugs. You have a actual pros saying they haven’t really changed the drugs or upped the dose in 10 years and they’re called liars.
I love this sport with all my heart, and I respect and admire the hell of the competitors. I go to local shows and I’ve traveled to the Arnold. Bodybuilding is my life, but I just could never get into competing.
sorry for the rambling rant

“Bodybuilding is men on a stage in their underwear wearing brown paint showing other men their muscles. It is training for appearance only, and at the contest level requires a degree of vanity, narcissism, and self-absorption that I find distasteful and odd.”

Mark Rippetoe

lol. I think Mark was just jealous jk.
I could never get past how the competitors are treated. People pay to see them, they’re the draw and the ifbb and other organizations have the nerve to charge them. These organizations wouldn’t even exist without the competitors.

I share the exact same opinion . I love this sport more than most of the people but is training hard to failure , the pain , the pump and like to do diet and also get shredded to compete , but go onstage almost naked posing like a pussy and even have to pay for it . Jay Cutler have the same opinion as us .

And CoachCabo i dont said is cheaper in US , i only said a salary in US is at least 4 times salary here Portugal . I have alot of friends from Portugal living in US earning 3 to 4k per month and here they work hard for 600 euros . Why people go from Portugal to US and never came back?

This is a good point actually, when I did ammy mma I did great but there was no $ in it. The promoters would pay you by how many tickets you sold so you sell 100 tickets at $35 a piece you keep $5 each ticket sounds great right? I never saw guys sell more than 10 or so usually to family and friends, I never wasted my time on it I saw it as time away from training for the fight why would I waste time selling ur tickets for you while I need to focus on the fight!?! Pro fighters psssh $500 to jump in the cage for the night with $500 deductible on your medical bills if you go to the ER psssh fuckn joke fuck them promoters just like fuck paying $200 to be judged over and over to just financially break even. Ive seen some stupid badass mma fighters get paid shit that can whoop the hell out of the big $ pro boxers...different sport different pay, we had a few black guys who were pro boxers who were great and pro mma guys the pay difference was night/day for when they came home..I would watch the boxers lose to the mma guys and it was like ok this guy needs to transition over just so he can make $ not do what he loves fuckn sad man..

Sometimes competing in a sport you love has a negative outcome..and trying to make money with a hobby.. bartardizes the whole thing..

If you’re honest people call you a liar, because they take 5x the amount and they still look like shit. They’re just one magic stack away from becoming Ronnie Coleman.
I see competitors and pros train daily. Hell Roelly, Hunter and Charles Glass were at my gym this week amongst a lot of other people.
these guys train hard and heavy, failure set after beyond failure set all to have some little dipshit online say “steroids”, “drugs”. It’s not the years of consistent training and eating progressive. It’s more drugs. You have a actual pros saying they haven’t really changed the drugs or upped the dose in 10 years and they’re called liars.
I love this sport with all my heart, and I respect and admire the hell of the competitors. I go to local shows and I’ve traveled to the Arnold. Bodybuilding is my life, but I just could never get into competing.
sorry for the rambling rant
Wow you sure are lucky you go to a gym that the pros go to...bet you must felt like you were in the temple of the gods. Respect for the sport is the best thing.

The loservilles who think bb is just a bunch of gear heads are just plain sad.

Last edited:
Wow you sure are lucky you go to a gym that the pros go to...bet you must felt like you were in the temple of the gods. Respect for the sport is the best thing.

The loservilles who think bb is just a bunch of gear heads are just plain sad.

well those guys were in town visiting. We’ve had Nick Walker and Matt Jansen there as well.
I’m extremely lucky and bro everytime I step foot in there I really do feel like I’m walking into a temple. We call it the new Mecca.

Burn out organs with toxic drugs to pose for gay men and plastic trophies? Sounds like a good trade-off...

The thing that ruins it mostly for me is the cost it’s not like you can just compete because you love it it’s very expensive and for what maybe to win or not no wonder competitors cry they spend so much money there’s no other sport let’s say that costs this much to compete in

Get Shredded!
of course we can go compete wasting less , lets say eating rice and eggs . training at home like me . and using test and tren only as gear . All the past competitions i did i never use halotestin , anavar, masteron and only 2ius hgh ( offer ). yes with hard work you can look reasonable but never even close to achieve a pro card or something like that .

Back