Mental health meds

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    Rep Points

Mental health meds

I am currently taking 10mg Ed of zyprexa aka olanzapine . I also occasionally take 100mg of trazadone at night . Is anyone else taking this stuff and whatís your experience with it as far as side effects . As long as I have been taking this stuff I never have and appetite and I always feel fatigued and never want to do anything. This really interferes with going to the gym bc I always feel drained so getting getting in the gym is more difficult then it should be . Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place . Took me a while to want to post this stuff bc I really canít stand talking about it . Iíve searched all over online for answers and you really only find generic bullshit . I need others experience. My main problems are the constant fatigue , no desire to want to do anything and loss of appetite. I never want to eat anything. I have a psychiatrist that I see every few months for script renewal . Sheís completely useless other then that .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    313 Posts
    Rep Points

I canít say much but I can tell you that they put me on that shit when I was a teen because I was out of control and had behavioral problems. (Typical teen boy bs blown out of proportion by the medical community) that shit turned me into a zombie. Worst medication ever. I could not imagine keeping up with this way of life while taking that stuff.

Letís be clear I am not suggesting you get off of your psych meds, as I donít know your circumstances. But you obviously need help if your taking meds and seeing a shrink, and thereís no shame in that. I just donít know that messing with your hormones is a good idea for someone at that point in their lifeÖ no judgement either way bro just telling you my thoughts.

If you really want to get the most out of this you have to be really committed to it as a way of life and canít have any thing hindering your from eating right and hitting the gym hard as possible. On top of that fucking with your hormones could very well just make your psych problems worse, way worse evenÖ

Probably not what you wanted to hear man but itís my honest thoughts I wish you the best of luck though. I really think you should get your mental health stuff figured out before tinkering with hormonesÖ.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    313 Posts
    Rep Points

Btw what are you prescribed that for? Zyprexa is some heavy duty stuff

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,254 Posts
    Rep Points

That's a tough call, those meds tend to do that to people. Maybe work with your doctor to try different meds or lower dose.
    IRONLION LABS
    Quality HGH, Raws and Peptides
    Wickr: ironlionlabs

Click here**PLEASE READ THE RULES**

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Rep Points

I am prescribed trazodone as a sleep aid. Not for anything psychological. It knocks me out but the problem is I have sleep hangover the next day. In other words it makes me drowsy and groggy all day long the day after. I donít take it anymore for is sleeping except on rare occasions and if I donít have to work the next day. If I were you I would stop taking it to get something else. As for mild depression I have been prescribed bupropion in the past. It is mild but works very well

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    313 Posts
    Rep Points

Btw looks like you found your culprit as to why your libido is shit even while on cycleÖ.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    991 Posts
    Rep Points

Yeah man- none of this is anything to be ashamed of bro- however- not sure anyone on here is qualified to give u the info u need. I do know that's some heavy-duty stuff. Actually they both are and u should be very careful until u've talked to someone who knows about the consequences of mixing these w/ hormones. The only person that comes to mind is Wes (gymntonic). Maybe u could try PMing him. Good Luck man and no one should judge u for having an illness. Just be careful until u talk to someone who has exp. w/ this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    Rep Points

The main problem with seeing a shrink is that they are useless . You donít ever talk to the psychiatrist unless itís to renew my scripts . I was seeing a therapist before as well but the shit just doesnít do anything for me .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterMaker View Post
    Btw looks like you found your culprit as to why your libido is shit even while on cycleÖ.
    I agree bro I m pretty sure that these meds are what fucked up my libido .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hot rod View Post
    Yeah man- none of this is anything to be ashamed of bro- however- not sure anyone on here is qualified to give u the info u need. I do know that's some heavy-duty stuff. Actually they both are and u should be very careful until u've talked to someone who knows about the consequences of mixing these w/ hormones. The only person that comes to mind is Wes (gymntonic). Maybe u could try PMing him. Good Luck man and no one should judge u for having an illness. Just be careful until u talk to someone who has exp. w/ this.
    Thanks for the twapnn on and and help my friend

Super Fuckin User

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    329 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Capthowdy87 View Post
    I am currently taking 10mg Ed of zyprexa aka olanzapine . I also occasionally take 100mg of trazadone at night . Is anyone else taking this stuff and whatís your experience with it as far as side effects . As long as I have been taking this stuff I never have and appetite and I always feel fatigued and never want to do anything. This really interferes with going to the gym bc I always feel drained so getting getting in the gym is more difficult then it should be . Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place . Took me a while to want to post this stuff bc I really canít stand talking about it . Iíve searched all over online for answers and you really only find generic bullshit . I need others experience. My main problems are the constant fatigue , no desire to want to do anything and loss of appetite. I never want to eat anything. I have a psychiatrist that I see every few months for script renewal . Sheís completely useless other then that .
    Hey brother

I can definitely elaborate, explain, and do my best to help figure out what, if any, of those pharms are causing these side effects. I've been a 'Walking Walgreens" since I was a child and I've like taken the entire spectrum of mental health garbage to get to where I am today. PM me if you can. I'm not a fan of putting biz on the street. Thx
    Ready On Deck

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by ReadyOnDeck View Post
    Hey brother

I can definitely elaborate, explain, and do my best to help figure out what, if any, of those pharms are causing these side effects. I've been a 'Walking Walgreens" since I was a child and I've like taken the entire spectrum of mental health garbage to get to where I am today. PM me if you can. I'm not a fan of putting biz on the street. Thx
    I sent you a pm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,142 Posts
    Rep Points

I've had my share of these drugs and they suck...
    Problem is you get the side effects day 1...but not the benifts for wks..sometimes months down the road..And Dr.s are apprehensive to try anything else until a few months go by..

After being falsely diagnosed with Bi-Polar..I finally got off everything they piled on me and got out of the Fog..Not saying to stop,rather,if not happy..get another Dr.

Good Luck

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts
    Rep Points

Fuck meds fuck all that psychotic med shit fuck them drs practicing ugh I've had bad experiences myself. In HS it was throw whatever meds at that lil psycho calm him down my fam had me on 10 different crazy meds at 1 time. I couldn't take it all, hell Idr most of my Jr year even from it. I finally come off that shit cause my gf in hs was like dude your not ok I preferred you crazy your a zombie had absolutely no interest in anything. Years later I still struggle with taking meds from drs from what I went thru for yrs. I've done well with Lexapro and recently have discovered I may have serious adhd or add since a adderal I tried the other day put me in such a calm tranquil peace it was scary to me. Loved it so much I'm goin to the dr to see about just that cause all my mental issues cleared up quick. I've always said juice/pot for me its basic and works wonders, but sometimes there is a real unbalance of chems,hormones,etc in ya hope you get level buddy side effects suck. For me I hate gabapetin,trazadone,clozopan?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Rep Points

I was on trazodone for years to help me sleep. it stopped working and I've moved on to several other meds. What I will say is trazodone fucked my dick all up. I was taking 150 mg night. I was having an issue getting off! I had to fuck forever before I got mine. Turns out that is one of the sides some people have. Not long after I stopped taking it I went back to normal. Trust me she says she wants a guy who fucks along time until she gets one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by SUKS2BU View Post
    I was on trazodone for years to help me sleep. it stopped working and I've moved on to several other meds. What I will say is trazodone fucked my dick all up. I was taking 150 mg night. I was having an issue getting off! I had to fuck forever before I got mine. Turns out that is one of the sides some people have. Not long after I stopped taking it I went back to normal. Trust me she says she wants a guy who fucks along time until she gets one.
    I just stopped taking it a few days ago . I would be so damn groggy in the morning I never wanted to get up . Iíve had some trouble falling asleep but feeling like shit when you wake up isnít worth it to me .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Rep Points

Trazodone does the same thing to me. Horrible grogginess the next day.

Quote Originally Posted by checkfire View Post
    I am prescribed trazodone as a sleep aid. Not for anything psychological. It knocks me out but the problem is I have sleep hangover the next day. In other words it makes me drowsy and groggy all day long the day after. I donít take it anymore for is sleeping except on rare occasions and if I donít have to work the next day. If I were you I would stop taking it to get something else. As for mild depression I have been prescribed bupropion in the past. It is mild but works very well