• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Relapsed hard

Ironpaco

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I was sober since Jan 20 and this month I relapsed hard. Like really hard . I embarrassed myself and everyone I loved . Now I know I can’t drink alcohol . I was doing real good working out and then bang I just relapsed

Do you think you have to hit "bottom" first?

If you aren't an alcoholic, then maybe it's just a matter of abusing alcohol when you do drink.

Some ppl just aren't good drunks. If you have the awareness then that's half the battle.

What did you do that was so bad to embarrass your family??

I was sober since Jan 20 and this month I relapsed hard. Like really hard . I embarrassed myself and everyone I loved . Now I know I can’t drink alcohol . I was doing real good working out and then bang I just relapsed

It happens. Especially if you deny yourself and then give in to a binge. Hopefully it was a "feeling good" and trying to be the life of the party kind of embarrassment. And not the "I'm gonna fuck all you mutherfuckers up" rage kind.

You can either let it make you or break you time to get back up and dust yourself off, beating yourself up wont help. You got this!

Dm me if you ever need to im a recovering addict myself 3 years clean

Its all about discipline. The same way you would avoid fast food while dieting. Its all about how bad you want it and how strong you are mentally. Try again and this time don’t give in!

These things happen Broski. I have been sober since 2012 shortly after my old man passed. It is still a struggle to stay away from opiates and alcohol. Considering My wife and her sister co-own a Sports pub, I have to stay away. I rarely visit her at work. That temptation never leaves fully. Once you realize that though, you have to to stay steadfast to avoiding your triggers. You got this though. Stay strong!

Hopefully- that was it and u got it out of your system. Dust urself off and get back on the recovery train bro-It's overwith now, not a damn thing u can do(except maybe apologize if need be)about it. Addiction is very patient and will wait- and is around every corner and it does not discriminate. I know guys that had years clean and relapsed(including me). Some of them never make it back bro- so feel lucky u did and ur not in jail or worse. DON'T BEAT URSELF UP. Just get back to the things that kept u clean-( meetings if i had to guess.) Good Luck and pm me if u need too.

IML Gear Cream!
Hopefully- that was it and u got it out of your system. Dust urself off and get back on the recovery train bro-It's overwith now, not a damn thing u can do(except maybe apologize if need be)about it. Addiction is very patient and will wait- and is around every corner and it does not discriminate. I know guys that had years clean and relapsed(including me). Some of them never make it back bro- so feel lucky u did and ur not in jail or worse. DON'T BEAT URSELF UP. Just get back to the things that kept u clean-( meetings if i had to guess.) Good Luck and pm me if u need too.

Good advice from a good man!

Fuck it bro. You fall down, you get back up. Nothing wrong with starting over.

Let this be your final fuck up, prove to your family that you're not that drunk.

Thank you I’m just going to have to face my actions

- - - Updated - - -

This will be my final fuck up . 💯 percent brother

- - - Updated - - -

Just don't quit quitting
One of the best post I read ...
Thank you I’m just going to have to face my actions

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Get up dust yourself off and keep your head up high...you know I have 30yrs and it didnt come without many many failed quitting attempts!! You and everyone else who wants to quit can do it....big thing is staying away from people places and things as corney as it sounds its the key to your success ....

Shit happens I do good 1yr at a time I have bingeing issues. Most times I can be in a room with stuff I know I need not around but once in awhile I'll just have a hunger I usually fight it off a few days and it goes away. Alcohol was my 1st demon I was a drunk not a alcoholic but on my way, now I rarely drink no more than 2 or 3 drinks I'm a lightweight now. If I start downing them tho, yeah it's no Bueno back on the circle of bs for awhile til I fall off the wheel of drunkess so I just don't drink anymore. Stay strong admit your wrongs do better going forward that's all anyone can do and ask for.

Nature abhors a vacuum. You can't just quit anything without filling the void with something else. Find that something and indulge it in abundance.

We all stumble. Get back up and redouble your efforts. The formula that seems to work for me is go to meetings, stay sober between meetings, get a sponsor, work the Steps and find some service commitments. Not saying the program is for everyone but it has helped me stay sober for a decade and a half.

Lots of guys on this board battle with alcoholism and addiction, myself being one of them.

If you ever need to talk, pm me.

I went thru Hell when my parents died..
I hated them..prayed God would punish them..And He did
But it killed me inside..watching my mother suffer for a yr.it killed my marriage..Everything

I fight addiction everyday..and I had it Bad
How bad...injecting meth

That's no joke..so relapse is part of it..
What do you wanted more..???
For me it was to suffer...what is it for you..

You have to want to live and family is more important..
My girl works her ass off and wants nothing But for me to live..
How can I let her down..I Fucking won't..

I'm dying Brother but I want to live..if you need that guy at 2am....I am him.
PM me and I will give you everything I can give..

I don’t have enough time but I have been there before and with gods grace I will never go back down that road. I will right now say a prayer for you because I certainly do know how you might feel. Just know brother that no matter how hard things may get , everything thing will be ok. Everything always ends up alright. Look back 10 years ago to something you had a hard time with you thought would never possibly get by or get through and look how everything ALWAYS turns out ok and you’re always ok. Maybe sometimes it doesn’t turn out best but it turns out ok. I don’t know you and probably won’t read any response but I’ll pray for you and I hope everything ends up alright for you. I struggle with this everyday myself.

Dealing with the same issues myself. I can go 90 days and then boom something happens and i binge. I can control it during the week and keep it to a minimum. But if I go to a party and the drinks are there, I drink until I black out…

Dealing with the same issues myself. I can go 90 days and then boom something happens and i binge. I can control it during the week and keep it to a minimum. But if I go to a party and the drinks are there, I drink until I black out…

Keep fighting Brother...pm me if you need..

My god, it's crazy how many of us suffer from these issues. Lately If I am being honest, my will is getting weak, being in constant pain with this neck injury is slowly whittling away my will power, stroke by stroke, until I break. SO far so good, but I know it's just a matter of time... once I take that first pill, I will tell myself a lie, like we always do. I got this, you have been here before.... oh the lies we tell ourselves.

That said, Imma stay strong as long as I can. I hope to god this epidural I go for soon sticks. These thoughts can fade away...

My god, it's crazy how many of us suffer from these issues. Lately If I am being honest, my will is getting weak, being in constant pain with this neck injury is slowly whittling away my will power, stroke by stroke, until I break. SO far so good, but I know it's just a matter of time... once I take that first pill, I will tell myself a lie, like we always do. I got this, you have been here before.... oh the lies we tell ourselves.

That said, Imma stay strong as long as I can. I hope to god this epidural I go for soon sticks. These thoughts can fade away...

Injuries scare the heck out of me because that was how my initial opiate addiction started. If you do get to a place where you ever need meds there are a few alternatives that won't trigger that thing we seem to have. There are also some great stretches for the neck that seem to help. My injury is a bullet between C3 and C4 and it still screams at me when I wake up sometimes but stretching it out mitigates the pain.

My friend, I am sorry to hear to this, but if embarrassment was the worst outcome then count your blessings. Embarrassment and shame can be mended with effort and honesty.
I have the addiction potential myself, I know it and feel it. The pull. Sobriety is in my future, I know it.
Have driven my dad to rehab facilities out of state several times.....long drives indeed. But yet were special as I got to be with him sober.

Own what you did and what happened. Embrace the opportunity to move forward from it and become a better person. You have proved you can do it by staying sober as long as you did. Cut out the bad influences and people and situations as needed. That sucks and hurts, but is often times a key component to sobriety.

Thank you for being open and starting this conversation. Showed me this board is more than gear talk and some laughs and everything else. Camaraderie and care as well.

Best of luck bro

Good honest post Chris...
For Cow 77...have you tried PT..they have gotten me 60-70% relief in just a few months..my last epidural lasted a wk..I am not wearing a Halo for 8 months for a 50/50 chance..I go 3x wk and I've been 75% pain free..

Good honest post Chris...
For Cow 77...have you tried PT..they have gotten me 60-70% relief in just a few months..my last epidural lasted a wk..I am not wearing a Halo for 8 months for a 50/50 chance..I go 3x wk and I've been 75% pain free..

Yes, in PT and chiropractic care. It has helped but I have pain all the way from my neck to my front pec, around my delt, scapula, shoulder, elbow, hand and three top fingers. Numbness, tingling, weakness at times almost 50% lost worst of times. I figure surgery will be needed but you gotta jump through hoops to get there. Thanks for your input. It is always welcome.

Back