• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Relapsed hard

IML Gear Cream!
Dealing with this as an outsider my observation has been meds make a big fucking difference. Especially to the people that love you when the know you’re getting better. Campral/naltrexone/bupropion combo saves lives IMO.

Put down the bat and stop beating yourself up. Maybe pray. It’s worked for me so far. I’ve not had a drink other than communion wine in over two years. Stay strong, friend.

I nearly had the surgery done BUT was finding that my upper back is causing maybe 50% of the problem..that upper back getting out of place or just tight was putting my neck in a bad angle or position and aggregating the nerve..So surgery won't resolve it all..

I'm going thru the same thing both sides..I wake up my hands are ice cold..forarms hurt..numbness..
Traction has really helped my hands and I'm looking at a some what cheap home device to use while watching TV or lying in bed..

Pain Management(if you want to call them that)put me on Lyrica... poison...I hate pain meds..but there really isn't much Dr.s will do between epidurals and surgery..I hate the knife,crappy odds of Full recovery and that Halo...

After 8 months of various treatment options by my PT family I'm doing So much better...PT does take time but less evasive,..
Between...dry needles,tens with ultra sound,traction,NSAI creams,proper strengthening and REST..I am not in pain every hr of every day..So if you haven't tried some of these..Thats where I would point you to...I hope you get some relief..It truly sucks..and I know 1st hand..

if I can help in any way..just pm me...More than happy to help a brother in pain...

I nearly had the surgery done BUT was finding that my upper back is causing maybe 50% of the problem..that upper back getting out of place or just tight was putting my neck in a bad angle or position and aggregating the nerve..So surgery won't resolve it all..

I'm going thru the same thing both sides..I wake up my hands are ice cold..forarms hurt..numbness..
Traction has really helped my hands and I'm looking at a some what cheap home device to use while watching TV or lying in bed..

Pain Management(if you want to call them that)put me on Lyrica... poison...I hate pain meds..but there really isn't much Dr.s will do between epidurals and surgery..I hate the knife,crappy odds of Full recovery and that Halo...

After 8 months of various treatment options by my PT family I'm doing So much better...PT does take time but less evasive,..
Between...dry needles,tens with ultra sound,traction,NSAI creams,proper strengthening and REST..I am not in pain every hr of every day..So if you haven't tried some of these..Thats where I would point you to...I hope you get some relief..It truly sucks..and I know 1st hand..

if I can help in any way..just pm me...More than happy to help a brother in pain...

This is a cheap way to do traction at home...give it a try.

They also sell cheap units that you can do sitting in a chair using a weighted water bag.

Attachments

• ctract.jpg
    ctract.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 52

Appreciate all the post and Information Zion!. You have been very helpful throughout this thread! I deal with Pain Management patients a lot, obviously. I am usually the last choice for a new patient; I get them after they have been through addiction, medical treatments, injections, surgery, physio. It has taught me so much about “How to Avoid Pitfalls” if I get injured or have an accident. Also, seeing family members go down the rabbit hole! I spend a lot of money on my anti-inflammatory & joint diet, supps, PED’s; but I look at it as Preventative Care. My #1 tool is my Brain ! So I make sure to take care of it. I have not used any NSAIDS or Tylenol (besides the aspirin in ECA stack) for 2-4 weeks, a few times) since I was a child. My top 3 supps for overall pain: Black Seed Oil/Circumin-MSM-SAMe. I use a lot more stuff but if I could only pick 3 , it is them.

Max respect

I was sober since Jan 20 and this month I relapsed hard. Like really hard . I embarrassed myself and everyone I loved . Now I know I can’t drink alcohol . I was doing real good working out and then bang I just relapsed

I dont understand you guys who beat yourself up over alcohol relapsing. Sure, any addiction is bad, but in my view you basically just had yourself a little too much of a fun time - and thats hardly anything worth making yourself feel bad about.. we all make mistakes.

If this post were something like a heroin relapse, or any hard opiate/stimulant addict struggling to get clean, I would be much more concerned. Drugs like that are such a strain on your body and mind. Its nothing like alcohol where youll be fine a day later, or be willing to clear out your bank account just to feel "normal".

So, in my mind I view you as a pretty decent guy who just made a small error. You didn't hurt anyone nor have you cause any substantial harm to yourself. Best of all, you're drug of choice is something that most likely is NOT going to easily destroy your life and ruin your relationships like the opiates i mentioned above. You're doing fine, keep getting stronger, and dont put yourself down over something like this.

I dont understand you guys who beat yourself up over alcohol relapsing. Sure, any addiction is bad, but in my view you basically just had yourself a little too much of a fun time - and thats hardly anything worth making yourself feel bad about.. we all make mistakes.

If this post were something like a heroin relapse, or any hard opiate/stimulant addict struggling to get clean, I would be much more concerned. Drugs like that are such a strain on your body and mind. Its nothing like alcohol where youll be fine a day later, or be willing to clear out your bank account just to feel "normal".

So, in my mind I view you as a pretty decent guy who just made a small error. You didn't hurt anyone nor have you cause any substantial harm to yourself. Best of all, you're drug of choice is something that most likely is NOT going to easily destroy your life and ruin your relationships like the opiates i mentioned above. You're doing fine, keep getting stronger, and dont put yourself down over something like this.

I think when you know alcohol is destructive in you life, and you try to abstain but find you can’t... it’s something you beat yourself up about.

Lacking control or being a slave to a substance abuse ultimately hurts you and the ones you love.

It doesn’t bring out your best self. Even when you think your just having too much “fun.”

2.5 years sober here.

PS. Sobriety is AMAZING. If you truly are an alcoholic, breaking free is like escaping from a self imposed prison.

I'm one of those guys that needs AA meetings and finds them helpful. Some folks don't, I do. Its easier to count the years than it is the days.

Happy to talk on the side if you like.

Your obviously not an alcoholic lol.

Get Shredded!
Your obviously not an alcoholic lol.

A drug is a drug is a drug...if you don't get that...GOOD...if you do
You either have been directly affected or indirectly..

I don't care if it's cigarettes,candy or meth...addiction is the inability to stop and a slave to something..by definition alone is understandable..I deal with people daily that just don't get it...My favorite..."just stop"

Problem with alcohol is it's ability to really cause harm to others 1st...Drunk drivers kill..
And alcohol tends to lead to more harsh compounds.. don't believe alcohol doesn't hurt you..
Ever seen someone that drinks everyday for20+ yrs...??..their insides are toast..

I don't agree with beating yourself up...other people will do that for you..
However the worse the problem the more aggressive the treatment..and all to often it's beyond that person or their family to correct..

This country has a real problem with addiction..its almost like an under-world..but what I've seen lately scares the Hell out of Me...
People once using crack..now shooting meth And heroine...I can tell you this from being the one doing it...
When you start banging,you're in deep..get help immediately..if someone in your family is doing it...do whatever it takes to get between them and that poison...Before it's too Late..

BTW...thanks Max.. I am sure I've learned more from you in the last few yrs. that you/me....
I've been to several rehabs..lost more than I wish to remember.. destroyed many great relationships..Burnt yrs I can never get back..did some time in a real shithole...but there ..in the dark..all alone..a voice I didn't recognize..called out..

That day change me from inside out...was it God..??? Was it Me..??
It no longer mattered who only why..whoever spoke had Enough...

If you are fighting this Battle..get help somewhere..start living again instead of dying...Please

Relapse is part of the recovery process. You cannot change what occurred, just think about what triggers may have led to the relapse. Generally these triggers involve people, places, and things. Anyway, no judgement here, not labeling you or diagnosing you, I just wish the best for you. I've been through the wringer with addictions, trust me, if you need to talk, DM me.
Oh, and one last thing, feeling guilty and ashamed is not the same as feeling remorseful and a little embarrassed. I fon't know your relationship with those who were around you, but if you beat down on yourself too hard, you're more likely to end up relapsing again.

it’s the inability to stop once you start that’s the real kicker. And alcohol absolutely ruins lives, relationships etc.... alcohol is a sneaky little bitch and eventually it bites you.

then you’ll get it man.

either you live with it or you find a way to get it out of your way.

Dealing with this as an outsider my observation has been meds make a big fucking difference. Especially to the people that love you when the know you’re getting better. Campral/naltrexone/bupropion combo saves lives IMO.

I read an article about naltrexone... I think that’s the one that blocks the dopamine response so you aren’t rewarded for each drink in your brain. Truly a life saver for the over the edge drinkers.

Addiction is a real Mother..and there isn't an easy way out once it's claws are in..It will make you and ALL who cares..Suffer..

I'm for anything that can bring just ONE home...

Naltrexone really seems to help the opiate folks.

To the OP, Gabapentin has been found to have a strong correlation to helping folks get a toe hold off alcohol. Its an off label usage but lots of Psychiatrists (especially addictionologists) are willing to prescribe to help with getting some momentum.

I know first hand how much addiction can take from you and there no end to the amount until it’s finally your life that is taken. Ive spent years in prison multiple times, lost houses, cars, good innocent women that I’ve turned out completely, millions of dollars and almost my life but by the grace of God i finally got a handle on it and now have a successful business and am working on having a happy life (this is the hardest part for me) but anyone thats been addicted to drugs or alcohol knows the damage it can cause there’s just different extents for each person. I pray you can stay sober and have a happy life brother as i do for us all !! The ones that love you will forgive any actions as long as you prove your serious and done.

I have a really good friend, his main issue with alcohol was always his inability to regulate himself. He couldn’t “social drink” in any capacity. Once he started, he was going to drink until he passed out, regardless of the scenario or environment. He had been this was for as long as he could remember.
I am, and will forever be, a huge advocate for psychedelic therapy. So he and I had a conversation about mushrooms and I explained to him the things they have done for me and my mental/emotional state in dealing with trauma and PTSD, so he agreed to let me “trip-sit” for him.

I am not exaggerating or joking in any way:
He took 5 grams of psilocybin with me, I stayed sober so I could wait with him and calm him down if the need arose. This was 12 months ago, and he has literally zero desire to drink alcohol anymore. Those negative impulses are gone. I have since had a drink or two with him, maybe a glass of bourbon or 2, and he rarely ever finishes even one glass.

I know there’s a lot of skepticism surrounding psychedelics, and people don’t necessarily understand the benefits that can be gained, or people are just scared because of decades of mental warfare being perpetrated by the war on drugs. But I’m telling you, it is life changing.

I pray that you get the help you need and are able to find peace in your struggles.

To to OP
You have gotten some great input and a little gut spilling by a few of us that have been around the block..

But it's all up to you and the decisions you make,path you take and people you hang around..

All of us here including myself will help you..BUT you have to be 150%
I truly hope you can find peace and lay this down..

Godspeed

Anyone have experience with a tens machine for pain? My friend's mom has one and swears by it.

IML Gear Cream!
Most of us used drugs in the past and have turned to lifting as an exit.

Stay strong, go to a meeting every once in a while, stay away from triggers (which can be anything - people, place, thoughts et cetera)

You got this bro and you have a whole army of brothers here for you too in which 90% of us have struggled with the same thing. I still do myself everyday.

Thanks for everyone advice , I’m staying strong and I haven’t had a sip since then and life’s been good . Im hit it hard non stop from now on thanks everyone 💪🤜

I was sober since Jan 20 and this month I relapsed hard. Like really hard . I embarrassed myself and everyone I loved . Now I know I can’t drink alcohol . I was doing real good working out and then bang I just relapsed
Dude it happens just get back on the horse

Back