• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

More fruit, less diabetes

Arnold

🏳‍🌈🏳‍🌈🏳‍🌈🏳‍🌈
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
More fruit, less diabetes
You don't hear much about diabetes anymore, because the world is struggling with an extremely annoying virus. But trust us, type 2 diabetes is a big, and growing problem. [Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2018 Apr;138:271-81.] An increase in the consumption of fruit - especially apples - may alleviate this problem.
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

fruits-in-a-box.jpg

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Study

Researchers from Edith Cowan University in Perth, Australia, used data collected in the Diabetes, Obesity and Lifestyle Study. When this study began in 1999-2000, the 7,675 study participants were 25 years of age or older.The researchers knew the study participants' diets at the time the study started. They then looked at which study participants developed type-2 diabetes in the 5 years that followed. The researchers also looked at the effects of diet over a 10-year period, but that part of the study failed. This post is therefore only about the effects of fruit over a period of 5 years.
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

fruit-consumption-versus-diabetes-type-2-0.gif

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Results
The more fruit the study participants ate, the lower their risk of developing diabetes. The participants with the highest intake were 36 percent less likely to develop diabetes than the study participants with the smallest intake.

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

fruit-consumption-versus-diabetes-type-2.gif

fruit-consumption-versus-diabetes-type-2-3.gif

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Fruit juice provided little or no protection against diabetes, probably because the fibers and phenols, which are present in fruit and modulate glucose metabolism, are not present in most fruit juices. Or maybe fruit juice doesn't protect because fruit juices are quite high in sugars.
The researchers also looked separately at the protective effect of apples, citrus fruits and bananas. The effect of apples was the most convincing.
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

fruit-consumption-versus-diabetes-type-2-5.gif

fruit-consumption-versus-diabetes-type-2-4.gif

fruit-consumption-versus-diabetes-type-2-2.gif

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Conclusion
"Findings from this study support encouragement of the consumption of whole fruits, but not fruit juice, to preserve insulin sensitivity and mitigate type-2 diabetes mellitus risk", summarize the Australians.

"Promoting a healthy diet and lifestyle which includes the consumption of popular fruits such as apples, bananas, and oranges, with widespread geographical availability, may lower type-2 diabetes mellitus incidence."
Source:
J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2021 Jun 2:dgab335. doi: 10.1210/clinem/dgab335. Epub ahead of print.

Interesting. All my carbs are from fruit except on intraworkout on training days. I do know that I feel better and don’t have any hypo episodes.
Might start incorporating apples.
I always get leaner and dryer switching over to all fruits. My skin even tends to look better.

Back