• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Shorter needles safer?

rawbuilt

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
so ive been using 25g 1" needles for all my injections (upper glutes, ventro glutes, lats, shoulders)

im really lean right now and i think the 1" needle is going in too deep for my shoulders

im afraid i might hit a nerve injecting into my delts i also read that if the needle goes in too deep you can inject into the bursitis sack in the shoulder... would using a shorter 5/8 needle be safer?

ive always wondered if nerves are located deeper into the muscle tissue or above

As far as I'm concerned, you are fine. I'm pretty lean and I use a ton of 27 guage 5/8" slin pins in a lot of places...not in the glutes though. I never go shorter than 1" there.

Yeah man I use that precise size and always have. Granted my shoulders are my best muscle and are like watermelons

When I was younger I hit the bone a few times. Never a nerve.

I hit a nerve doing tricep injections probably 15 years ago and holy shit, that was like getting punched in the face

I will say this, if you do hit the nerve you will never ever hit that area again.

Unless your muscles are small, stay with that size.

My suggestion? Add half an inch to the muscle. Even if you inject the needle halfway, recall, that injecting oil into a muscle regularly will give you temporary size gains. Now that is a sore subject with some but it is a fact

Injecting oil into a muscle does make the muscle larger temporary. Its a great way to get some quick site enhancement

Also frontloading your peptides with Bac water is another way to add some quick temporary size. Add 1cc of bac water to your hgh or IGF1lr3 and hit one area repeatedly. I dare anyone. You can add inches in a matter of weeks. You will look mutant. It will go away shortly but nevertheless this is a great trick I use with all my amateur and pro athletes.

My right bicep is 1/4" smaller then the left so I regularly hit it with hgh or whatever Im using that day LOL.

I liked the 1" 25g ones and got less pip from them so that size is my go to and MCT flows nicely thru a 25g. Oh yes as for hitting nerves I had hit a major nerve directly dead on once doing my first quad pin...holy shit felt a shock that's like hitting a powerline and leg twitching like mad. Scary af but learned not to touch that particular area of the quad again. In time you'll know where your nerves are buried in your skin so you'll be able to pretty much map out where it's g2g for pinning. Same goes for where your veins are to avoid gushers (I had several gushers which also pretty messy and scary lol). As part of my pinning kit I keep some gauze pads in case of a gusher.

Nice tips there Wes...gonna keep them in mind.

I’ve been using 30g 1/2” slin pins for delts, quads, pecs and lats for over 5 years, I can’t imagine going back to 25g 1” and 1 1/2”

Don’t mean to shit on you guys but I just don’t see the big deal with needle sizes. I accidentally bought a box of 25g 1in that I use in my quads but I have 22g 1.5in for my ass. I’ve used the 22g in my quads too and didnt really notice much of a difference. I think most of it is in your heads. And just don’t put it in the whole way if you’re worried about the needle being too long.

Don’t mean to shit on you guys but I just don’t see the big deal with needle sizes. I accidentally bought a box of 25g 1in that I use in my quads but I have 22g 1.5in for my ass. I’ve used the 22g in my quads too and didnt really notice much of a difference. I think most of it is in your heads. And just don’t put it in the whole way if you’re worried about the needle being too long.

Im married to TRT the rest of my life, for me, scar tissue is a concern, if this were a contest of manliness, then for sure draw and inject with 18g, store your gear in the refrigerator and swab the site with raw chicken 🤷🏼

Im married to TRT the rest of my life, for me, scar tissue is a concern, if this were a contest of manliness, then for sure draw and inject with 18g, store your gear in the refrigerator and swab the site with raw chicken 路
Hahaha well put. I just started TRT in the last year too so ai suppose I see where you’re coming from. Once I use up my 22’s I’ll prob stick to all 25

IML Gear Cream!
so ive been using 25g 1" needles for all my injections (upper glutes, ventro glutes, lats, shoulders)

im really lean right now and i think the 1" needle is going in too deep for my shoulders

im afraid i might hit a nerve injecting into my delts i also read that if the needle goes in too deep you can inject into the bursitis sack in the shoulder... would using a shorter 5/8 needle be safer?

ive always wondered if nerves are located deeper into the muscle tissue or above

If you are very low body fat you can shoot with small needles , but i prefer to play safe and have enough length to absorb well , so 25g 1" is the perfect needle for all shoots

I only have been using test and tren suspension for the year and I use a 25 5/8”. I’m my case they work the best bc the longer Barrel I’m lean but also using suspension the shorter the needle def less chance of clogging

I’ve been using 30g 1/2” slin pins for delts, quads, pecs and lats for over 5 years, I can’t imagine going back to 25g 1” and 1 1/2”

I agree with this. Only problem is when blasting of course we have way more volume. I thought I one time saw a post, maybe from vision, about a luer lock 27g but I might be wrong. Might just be wishful thinking. I need the 3cc barrel and the 25g 1inch is the best I can find with the 3cc barrel

I agree with this. Only problem is when blasting of course we have way more volume. I thought I one time saw a post, maybe from vision, about a luer lock 27g but I might be wrong. Might just be wishful thinking. I need the 3cc barrel and the 25g 1inch is the best I can find with the 3cc barrel

for a blast, you have to make adjustments, on cruise, I try to make it as smooth as possible, my biggest blast, so to speak is 320mg Test C or E, 660mg primo E and 120mg deca per week, I can get that through 30g 1/2” luer lock slin pins, it works for me but I don’t use huge volumes of oil, you have to do what you have to do.

I have a friend that has been using 22-25g 1.5” in his glutes for years, now it sounds like he’s pushing a nail through a stack of pringles chips if he hits his glutes, not a problem I want to deal with

I use 23 g x1 in a lot of places just be careful or I use 25 x 3/4 in smaller muscles but some thicker oils are hard to use I have 27x .5 too

We never need 23g even thick oil . 25g is more than enough for any muscle shoots .

I use 23x 1.5 for glutes. I like I like how quick I can do it with a thicker needle and get in the oil deeper seems to help with my PIP

Had a trt consultant tell me he knew a guy who shot into his shoulder and fucked it up. Other than infection my biggest concern is micro pulmonary embolism by getting the oil in your bloodstream. You will know when this starts happening when you inject as youll feel the need to cough like a deep itch in your lungs that you can't scratch. Stop injecting immediately if you feel this. You'll likely getting sweaty, dizzy, and have a horrible coughing fit for a minute or so. May feel like you're going to pass out. Always aspirate. Even aspirating I've had it happen 2 or three times. I'm guessing pushing through or cutting a vein and the oil pressure at the injection site makes it's way into the bloodstream. Pretty scary. Had it happen on glute and quad injections as those are my main sites. Use 1.5s

Had a trt consultant tell me he knew a guy who shot into his shoulder and fucked it up. Other than infection my biggest concern is micro pulmonary embolism by getting the oil in your bloodstream. You will know when this starts happening when you inject as youll feel the need to cough like a deep itch in your lungs that you can't scratch. Stop injecting immediately if you feel this. You'll likely getting sweaty, dizzy, and have a horrible coughing fit for a minute or so. May feel like you're going to pass out. Always aspirate. Even aspirating I've had it happen 2 or three times. I'm guessing pushing through or cutting a vein and the oil pressure at the injection site makes it's way into the bloodstream. Pretty scary. Had it happen on glute and quad injections as those are my main sites. Use 1.5s

Yea but it’s not that big of deal. It happens, it’s not life threatening just uncomfortable.

Get Shredded!
Pinned with a 25g 1” in Glutes, Quads, Lats, Delts, Traps, Pecs, and Triceps pre contest around 6% bodyfat

I use 23x 1.5 for glutes. I like I like how quick I can do it with a thicker needle and get in the oil deeper seems to help with my PIP

I use 23 gauge 1” syringe for gluten snd hips and arms I hate long needles and mine seem to do fine ,I draw the oil out with a 20 gauge 1.5” and I forgot to change the needle and James my leg and I about passed out

I use 23 gauge 1” syringe for gluten snd hips and arms I hate long needles and mine seem to do fine ,I draw the oil out with a 20 gauge 1.5” and I forgot to change the needle and James my leg and I about passed out

Lol ya that’s how I found out I like the bigger needle (forgetting to change the needle that I draw with).

Just looked they are 23X1.5” that I use. Still use the 1” for delts tho.

It hurt like a MFer lol

I'm sure it did... don't drink and pin

I'm old school I guess...started with the knitting pins..21..1 1/2... it's just up to the user...but scar tissue is a real thing,will smaller pins help with that??...

I'm sure it did... don't drink and pin

I'm old school I guess...started with the knitting pins..21..1 1/2... it's just up to the user...but scar tissue is a real thing,will smaller pins help with that??...

I’m not real sure I always use a 23 gauge 1” pin now

Back