Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts
    Rep Points

Iím having trouble getting over 175lbs

Stats:
    30 years old
    5í6 175lbs

I train 6 days a week with 10 mins of cardio post lifting.

Iíve been stuck at this weight for a month now. My lifts have increased despite not gaining any weight on my current bulk. Iím currently eating 2600 calories. Iím a tad hesitant to increase my calorie intake to 3000 cals per day because man that really seems like a lot. Has anyone else plateaued at a weight they canít seem to get past?

Board Rep
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,299 Posts
    Rep Points

Im 30yrs old 5ft 7 and 205lbs. I was stuck where you are right now for awhile! Eat up man and donít be afraid to keep increasing
    Local and International SARMS & Peptides

Local and International AAS and HGH and much more only at P.S.L.

PM me for questions or concerns ::HERE::

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,634 Posts
    Rep Points

Eq , eat eat and stop cardio

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Rep Points

Up the cals bro
    I'm cutting on around 3 thousand currently. I'm 186lb

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts
    Rep Points

Stop cardio reduce weight session too 4 days
    up food too 4000 2600 is low for anyone training seriously hard

You'll fill out fast check mirror make sure itís good weight and then scale once per week upon waken empty stomach after a toilet

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    318 Posts
    Rep Points

Iím having trouble getting over 175lbs

Quote Originally Posted by TwoDollarTacos View Post
    Stats:
    30 years old
    5í6 175lbs

I train 6 days a week with 10 mins of cardio post lifting.

Iíve been stuck at this weight for a month now. My lifts have increased despite not gaining any weight on my current bulk. Iím currently eating 2600 calories. Iím a tad hesitant to increase my calorie intake to 3000 cals per day because man that really seems like a lot. Has anyone else plateaued at a weight they canít seem to get past?
    Yaup I thought a lot like you when I started my bulk. I was afraid to go over my predetermined maintenance of 2800, and I wasnít getting any where for like 3-4 weeks. Slowly added more calories and started to grow. Now im at 4500 a day and starting to plateaus againÖ. You need the nutrition when your bulking bro.

Unless you have a. Extremely slow metabolism I can guarantee you 2600 is not nearly enough calories for a bulk. Probably way under your maintenance especially while training regularly
    Last edited by MonsterMaker; 07-10-2021 at 03:02 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    987 Posts
    Rep Points

Gaining weight is not about training, its all diet, 2600 calories is nothing, bump that to 3,000. Eat big to get big. I eat 5,000-6,000 in the off season. You can do it bro, force feed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    486 Posts
    Rep Points

I would cut back on training to 4 days a week and stick to free weights 4 to 6 rep range at 80% 1rep max. You should continue cardio. The main issue here is calories. You would have no problem gaining weight with 4000 to 4500 calories per day.

NO LIMITS.
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,072 Posts
    Rep Points

There are more than one way to skim a cat. Iíd keep the cardio and the training the way thatís working for you. Increase calories to 3k a day by adding an extra small meal, not a shake but real Whole Foods.

Youíll be surprised how fast changes happen for you.

im curious as to what your current AAS looks like, certain compounds will keep me from gaining weight

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,430 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Darren29W View Post
    Stop cardio reduce weight session too 4 days
    up food too 4000 2600 is low for anyone training seriously hard

You'll fill out fast check mirror make sure itís good weight and then scale once per week upon waken empty stomach after a toilet
    Agreed mostly.

If you're having trouble gaining weight, it's very simple, you're not eating enough. No further discussion needed.

The cardio, if you're focus is gaining weight and you're not gaining weight, then this could be counter-productive. On the other hand, if you're doing this to help stimulate appetite, it shouldn't be done post training. These cardio sessions should be light walks fasted in the morning or after your meals.

Start adding in denser food choices to help bump the calories up.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    478 Posts
    Rep Points

Itís all about progression. Just like youíd add weight or reps or sets each week you should add calories over time as well. Add 100 cals a week.
    Keep the cardio it helps with nutrient partitioning and youíll be able to continue to up your calories longer.
    Last edited by Bft84; 07-11-2021 at 05:57 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    318 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    Agreed mostly.

If you're having trouble gaining weight, it's very simple, you're not eating enough. No further discussion needed.

The cardio, if you're focus is gaining weight and you're not gaining weight, then this could be counter-productive. On the other hand, if you're doing this to help stimulate appetite, it shouldn't be done post training. These cardio sessions should be light walks fasted in the morning or after your meals.

Ya I agree 100% but it sounds like heís just choosing not to eat enough calories, not that heís actually struggling to get them in. Probably more a fear of getting fat kinda thing I donít know,Ö but ya I agree he just needs to eat more.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,159 Posts
    Rep Points

I know Iíve trained differently than most of you guys here my whole life and Iím certainly not disagreeing with anything said here. All great info but it sounds to me like maybe thereís more to the story than just not eating enough. I mean I personally canít imagine only eating 2600 calories a day while training so yeah heís definitely starving his body IMO as well but with that being said sometimes increasing food isnít enough for some people. Although I was never a body builder I do consider myself an expert in cutting and gaining weight. He very well may not only be starving himself he might also need to reevaluate the foods heís taking in for those calories. Something is off if heís training and bulking. Iíd say increase calories, reevaluate foods and/or eating times during day. Eat a late meal. Reevaluate type of training, reduce training days and add more rest. Add a few more shakes to your daily food regimen. Thatís a good start. Everyone is different so thereís gonna be a lot of trial and error. I was stuck at 175lbs for years while fighting and when I stopped and changed everything about my training, eating, and lifestyle I blew up to 220lbs. Now Iím comfortable walking around at 200lbs. Good Luck man. Youíll get there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    Agreed mostly.

You're right. Everyone in this thread is. I need to stop the I want to stay lean crap if I want to add serious weight. I'm going to start upping my calories.

In all honesty the cardio is to keep my asthma in check. I have incredibly bad asthma that goes away if I do some light cardio sessions. Since adding it I haven't had to touch my rescue inhaler in months now whereas a year ago I was running for the damn thing 1 to 2 times a day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HFO3 View Post
    There are more than one way to skim a cat. Iíd keep the cardio and the training the way thatís working for you. Increase calories to 3k a day by adding an extra small meal, not a shake but real Whole Foods.

Youíll be surprised how fast changes happen for you.

im curious as to what your current AAS looks like, certain compounds will keep me from gaining weight
    I'm currently running a very low dose Test Tren cycle.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Rep Points

If you're not gaining at 2600 cals, then 3000 isn't a lot. The scale tells you if it's a lot or not....... not your personal feelings on the matter.
    Last edited by Kalden; 07-12-2021 at 05:49 AM.