• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Grains and sugars

MonsterMaker

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
How do you guys get your grains down, especially rice and oats? I can do it but I usually have to add a little something for some flavor, especially with oats.

Brings me to my next question, do sugars have any place in a body builders diet or are they just better to be avoided all together?

I usually put a tablespoon of maple syrup in my oats and a little Polynesian sauce in my rice…..

I'm a big instapot fan. Cook the chicken/meat (seasoned however you like) and then use that seasoned broth to cook the rice.

I'm a big instapot fan. Cook the chicken/meat (seasoned however you like) and then use that seasoned broth to cook the rice.

What about sugary additives? Any harm in that or is a carb a carb? Nothing crazy like 10gs of sugars with a bowl of rice or oats….

What about sugary additives? Any harm in that or is a carb a carb? Nothing crazy like 10gs of sugars with a bowl of rice or oats….

Use in limited moderation. I would say completely but , it’s impossible. I do however use dextrose powder post training in different ratios w / complex carbs(for bodybuilding). There are non-cosmetic , beneficial sugars(like local honey for allergies , stuff like that.
I stay away from the artificial chemicals. They have stevia , but onto the organic/raw brown powder unadulterated. All the stevia , xylitol , fake diabetic sugar alcohols, Splenda, are shite!

Max

Bland stuff hasn't really bothered me, but for oats, throw in some berries, and/or stir in some vanilla protein powder and I'm happy.

If plain rice is a pain, you might want ot invest in better rice (not instant crap) like a good jasmine and get a rice cooker. Also the juices from your protein flavor the rice fine, just pour everything on top and let the flavors absorb. It can get tedious especially if you are trying to bulk on a clean diet.

Use in limited moderation. I would say completely but , it’s impossible. I do however use dextrose powder post training in different ratios w / complex carbs(for bodybuilding). There are non-cosmetic , beneficial sugars(like local honey for allergies , stuff like that.
I stay away from the artificial chemicals. They have stevia , but onto the organic/raw brown powder unadulterated. All the stevia , xylitol , fake diabetic sugar alcohols, Splenda, are shite!

Max

Why would you want to stay away from stevia? nothing wrong with using stevia and cinnamon to make oatmeal taste better. Its certainly not going to hurt gains. And makes cutting a hell of a lot easier. Personally I love 0 calorie diet dew. Stevia packet and unsweetened almond milk make my coffee taste a lot better with out adding unneeded calories.

I use the stevia brown raw type. Just not the Truvia (chemically processed to look like sugar) it’s garbage. A little wont hurt anyone, It’s kinda like I stay away from certain plastics, just a personal choice. A lot of supplements have tons of odd ingredients so , kinda hard to avoid them. Like I said, “ all in small moderation” Cheers

Max

I eat rice with literally every meal breakfast lunch dinner and 2 meals in between. Whatever seasoning I use for the meat usually tastes pretty good while eating the rice with it.

I eat rice with literally every meal breakfast lunch dinner and 2 meals in between. Whatever seasoning I use for the meat usually tastes pretty good while eating the rice with it.

I sprinkled feta cheese into it the other day w black pepper and microwaved it! Made it easy to eat a huge bowl!

Max

IML Gear Cream!
I sprinkled feta cheese into it the other day w black pepper and microwaved it! Made it easy to eat a huge bowl!

Max

Damn, I can't eat rice straight like that I got to have a protein with it bacon at least. What's your goal when you eat a big ass bowl of rice? Are you carb loading? Or just trying to get in calories?

Damn, I can't eat rice straight like that I got to have a protein with it bacon at least. What's your goal when you eat a big ass bowl of rice? Are you carb loading? Or just trying to get in calories?

Rice isn’t bad. I can actually get it down with absolutely nothing added to it. Bare back if you will. Otherwise some hot sauce does wonders with out any calories.

The oats are what I really struggle with. They almost make me gag if I don’t add some sweetness to them. When I cook oats I have to undercook them too so they’re still firm. I can’t cook them until they’re mush, yuck!

I pretty much eat rice or potatoes for all my meals. During my bulk I was taking in 6k calories on avg.(carbs 2:1) at minimum. So yes, carb loading ED, lol . I eat low fats most of the year unless I am using a particular diet, but my body responds well to high carbs, high protein.

Max

I pretty much eat rice or potatoes for all my meals. During my bulk I was taking in 6k calories on avg.(carbs 2:1) at minimum. So yes, carb loading ED, lol . I eat low fats most of the year unless I am using a particular diet, but my body responds well to high carbs, high protein.

Max

I wish there was an easy way to drink quality carbs. Something super easy snd fast to both prepare and consume. Egg whites in a carton have saved my butt for bulking. Eating has become such a chore so the egg whites are super easy. Just weigh them and chug them… pasteurized too so no different than drinking store bought eggnog, just not nearly as tasty…

I wish there was an easy way to drink quality carbs. Something super easy snd fast to both prepare and consume. Egg whites in a carton have saved my butt for bulking. Eating has become such a chore so the egg whites are super easy. Just weigh them and chug them… pasteurized too so no different than drinking store bought eggnog, just not nearly as tasty…

I blend up Irish steel cut oatmeal in the ninja into a fine powder (for oat Carbs) to mix w my isolate (if I don’t have time to eat. It works well, i did a whole thread w pictures a few years ago.
Whole food protein /carb shakes .

Max

I blend up Irish steel cut oatmeal in the ninja into a fine powder (for oat Carbs) to mix w my isolate (if I don’t have time to eat. It works well, i did a whole thread w pictures a few years ago.
Whole food protein /carb shakes .

Max

I’ve tried that before and found it actually made the whey shakes even harder for me to get down. Too thick for me… Not big in shakes. Have maybe 2-3 a month only if I’m desperate for calories.

I’ve tried that before and found it actually made the whey shakes even harder for me to get down. Too thick for me… Not big in shakes. Have maybe 2-3 a month only if I’m desperate for calories.

If you like or can have dairy, I love Kefir ! It is like drinkable yogurt but, it is fermented, so it is really good for your gi tract and anti inflammatory diet . Natural live probiotics! I guess I am lucky , I can pretty much eat every food! I am always hungry !!

Max
Trick w shakes. Use tap water of filtered only an like 1/2 cup water (minimal), shake if you can and slam it. So simple and takes me literally less Than 5 seconds .

Back