• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Sleep apnea

BlackBear

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Just recently diagnosed with server sleep apnea 😞

Has anyone else experienced this? I’m just now waiting to get my cpap.

For those who used a cpap did it actually help? Also did you notice if it decreased your h&h levels?

Cpap for sure bro. To help with good sleep and prevent high blood pressure. Donate blood if H h is high

I was just fitted for a CPAP myself but man it is going to take some getting used to. I've never had any claustrophobic feelings before but putting a mask over my face to sleep freaks me out man!

Which is weird because I've been through plenty of CBRN training with gas masks and never had an issue. But sleeping with something covering my mouth and nose hasn't been fun the last few nights. I'm hoping a different mask or time will improve things. I can't remember the last time I slept through a night without waking up time and time again for years now.

1 episode had me wake up gasping / choking for air. That's when I finally went to the doc (after my wife pleaded with me).

I sleep like a baby with CPAP, and that includes the face mask and lower jaw adjuster I use to further open my airway.

Not discounting anybody's concerns because they are valid. But if you can get used to it, it's a game changer.

Yeah my wife has been really concerned, plus she works in the medical field and has been after me about getting a sleep study done. She has even recorded me in my sleep which kind of scared the shit out of to get it done.

IML Gear Cream!
I sleep like a baby with CPAP, and that includes the face mask and lower jaw adjuster I use to further open my airway.

Not discounting anybody's concerns because they are valid. But if you can get used to it, it's a game changer.

Good to hear! I’m willing to do it. Don’t want server health issues down the road.

I was just fitted for a CPAP myself but man it is going to take some getting used to. I've never had any claustrophobic feelings before but putting a mask over my face to sleep freaks me out man!

Which is weird because I've been through plenty of CBRN training with gas masks and never had an issue. But sleeping with something covering my mouth and nose hasn't been fun the last few nights. I'm hoping a different mask or time will improve things. I can't remember the last time I slept through a night without waking up time and time again for years now.

1 episode had me wake up gasping / choking for air. That's when I finally went to the doc (after my wife pleaded with me).
Yeah scary I’m little worried about feeling claustrophobic. But willing to do it and understand may take some time to get use to it.

Just had a sleep study done myself, waiting for cpap machine to be delivered. Went with full face mask because I have a deviated septum and my mouth tends to open during sleep.
Keep us posted on how it goes. I hope I can get adjusted to wearing it.

Life changer. My issue was O2 saturation, getting into low 70s. I wear the nose snorkle and for the first year had to train my mouth to close with that chin strap thing.
I even use mine during naps. Never dip below 92 or so now.

When you get the CPAP, use it! Every time I go in for my update with Resp Therapist, they look incredulous that the report says I use every day. Apparently people mostly don’t. Weird.

Yes I live in high altitude doc wasn’t too concerned with those numbers

I was working at elevation of 6,500 feet one summer and my hematocrit jumped up to 54 and my endocrinologist said that is expected due to thinner air.

This. Quality of sleep is 1000% better. Took me about a month to get used to it though.

Do you sleep on your back or your side or stomach?
I think I need a cpap machine, but I am worried how I will be able to sleep comfortably with a damn device on your face.

I started with the Cpap machine 2 months ago. It has been the hardest thing for me to get comfortable with. I haven’t had a night yet that I’ve made it through without waking up. I use it everyday, the app tracks the time I use it and it Varys some nights 1hr others 2.5. I wish I could get the magical asleep you guys talk about.

Those who use a Cpap do you still snore?I know snoring doesn’t mean you have sleep apnea. But was wondering if it helped with snoring at all?

Get Shredded!
I started with the Cpap machine 2 months ago. It has been the hardest thing for me to get comfortable with. I haven’t had a night yet that I’ve made it through without waking up. I use it everyday, the app tracks the time I use it and it Varys some nights 1hr others 2.5. I wish I could get the magical asleep you guys talk about.
I had the same issue...no magic sleep for me either. Bummer

Snoring has stoped at least while the nose strap is on my head. If you open your mouth it feels as if you are suffocating. I’m going to ask for the full face mask later this month when I go for a follow up visit.

I just swapped masks at a fitting today for a full face mask. While it might be slightly larger, sealing and breathing were 10 times better. Hoping for a better result and good night sleep tonight.

I'll report back tomorrow...fingers crossed

I just swapped masks at a fitting today for a full face mask. While it might be slightly larger, sealing and breathing were 10 times better. Hoping for a better result and good night sleep tonight.

I'll report back tomorrow...fingers crossed

Fingers crossed! Hope it works out for you. I ended up ordering the full mask since I tend to breath through my mouth. The machine I order is the resmed airsense auto. I have heard many good reviews.

Fingers crossed! Hope it works out for you. I ended up ordering the full mask since I tend to breath through my mouth. The machine I order is the resmed airsense auto. I have heard many good reviews.
Thanks...I have the ResMed Airsense 10 Auto. Sounds like the same unit. The climate control is a nice feature if you get the right hose attachment to utilize that feature.

What’s the best way to clean these things? A buddy was telling me something about a machine called so-clean, he puts it in every morning by his bedside?
I’m expecting mine to be delivered this week.

What’s the best way to clean these things? A buddy was telling me something about a machine called so-clean, he puts it in every morning by his bedside?
I’m expecting mine to be delivered this week.

That’s the easiest way to clean them and best way as well. It’s worth the money. And buy your replacement stuff from Amazon like mask, filters ect

Unfortunately for me I had to bail because I was maxing out every night. In fact it was forcing air into my stomach and I was waking up belching.
It didn't work for me because my issue was much more severe, they want me to do a sleep study it's going to be several thousand dollars out of pocket :(
I did okay with it for the first few weeks but then it made matters worse.
A local friend was talking about some sort of contraption that a dentist invented, not sure if you heard of that but it's like a device that you put in your nose, you just wrap it around your head.
I haven't seen it but I'm willing to try anything at this point because I'm sick of relying on prescription medication. :(

I can tell mine has helped me greatly. Each morning by like 10 AM I was already exhausted/needing a nap from shit sleep.
Took a bit to get used to, but now I have my old energy back, feeling 100% better using this thing. Took a few weeks to get used to, now its easy...

Back