Another fat loss run

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    132 Posts
    Rep Points

Another fat loss run

I have been dieting for a while . Probably 3-4 months. Lost 30 lbs in the process . I am sick of it so I am taking a break . How long of a break should I take before I go back into a deficit ? Same with cardio I was doing 30 mins a day 5-6 days a week. But I think I upped my cardio days to fast last time as well. Is there a way to reset this ??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    587 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Capthowdy87 View Post
    I have been dieting for a while . Probably 3-4 months. Lost 30 lbs in the process . I am sick of it so I am taking a break . How long of a break should I take before I go back into a deficit ? Same with cardio I was doing 30 mins a day 5-6 days a week. But I think I upped my cardio days to fast last time as well. Is there a way to reset this ??
    2 weeks maintenance

ASF MVP
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11,148 Posts
    Rep Points

I usually hate myself after a week of pizza, hamburgers, etc. Feel like crap and wish I hadn't done it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    587 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Multislacking View Post
    I usually hate myself after a week of pizza, hamburgers, etc. Feel like crap and wish I hadn't done it.
    Every fucking time bro. Every fucking time

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    132 Posts
    Rep Points

I’m not going crazy , I don’t want to really go above 200lbs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    201 Posts
    Rep Points

Sounds like your mentally burned out and your prob close to hitting a physical plateau. What did your previous diet look like, and did you take cheat meals?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    201 Posts
    Rep Points

Yep stomach is all messed up and I have the worst shits imaginable.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep stomach is all messed up and I have the worst shits imaginable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts
    Rep Points

6 week maintenance period. Don't go crazy eating junk just give yourself a few more calories of good food with a cheat day per week.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Rep Points

2 weeks shit 1 week will help alot.
    I was cutting and gave up and started eating again for almost 2 weeks till I started to feel quilty and when I continued my cut I made crazy progress it was weird ...but! I kept the cardio in. I think if I would have stopped cardio I woulda ruined myself

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    132 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Slayingmetal View Post
    2 weeks shit 1 week will help alot.
    I was cutting and gave up and started eating again for almost 2 weeks till I started to feel quilty and when I continued my cut I made crazy progress it was weird ...but! I kept the cardio in. I think if I would have stopped cardio I woulda ruined myself
    I was thinking this as well. I haven’t stopped cardio . I just lowered my time from 30 mins to 20 . And 2 less days . I know cardio helps with fat loss but I mainly do it for heart health

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,504 Posts
    Rep Points

How about instead of “dieting”, you just eat well, with a few meals here and there to satisfy your desires to eat foods you enjoy? You can literally just eat well as a lifestyle and reach and maintain any goal you set. The only difference between “dieting” to a goal and reaching those same goals through lifestyle change is timeline. Setting a realistic or even NO timeline is the key to real change and longevity of health, fitness and appearance.

One of the biggest things I stress to clients is not using the word “diet” in it’s traditionally used form. Also, labeling a diet such as “keto” or “South Beach” also sets you up for failure. Eating a certain way should just be that, eating a certain way. Semantics? Perhaps, but ANY tool I can use for success is worth using.
    Resetting one’s brain is more often than not, the most difficult part of changes, such as getting fit, losing fat, etc.

I am currently doing a “recomp” instead of a “diet”. I eat a certain way most of the time, don’t drink and exercise consistently. If I want a drink, a pop tart, a bag of chips with my guacamole…I eat them. If I want to take a day or two off from the gym, I do so. If you are not a competitive bodybuilder, living like one can be counter-productive for many because it ends up being a phase instead of a lifestyle.

John Meadows describes the way I eat as 90/10, whereas 90% of the food you consume is quality and the other 10% is whatever. He eats a couple of donuts every Sunday. He knows it’s shit food but it is a ritual with his family which he enjoys.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11,501 Posts
    Rep Points

I like the 90/10 approach and I bring it up, to a lot of people(besides competitors prepping).
    I always say “:::; - modified” and give lists of healthful and high micronutrient foods, basically a few grocery lists. My favorite is my Mod-Mediterranean (but it is ridiculously expensive and most people not only cannot afford it, a lot do no cook (always surprises me). Most of the ASF guys definitely DO cook though. More of my regular weight loss/office workers clientele; it is like, “ you don’t really move for 8.5 hrs” you definitely need to at least learn basics and stay away from eating out. You never know what kinda quality or handling it is. I see US Foods and Sysco Trucks everywhere (). I stay away from most places anyway; but I do enjoy a meal made by someone else !

Max
    NY/CHI Pizza!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,504 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by maxmuscle1 View Post
    I like the 90/10 approach and I bring it up, to a lot of people(besides competitors prepping).
    I always say “:::; - modified” and give lists of healthful and high micronutrient foods, basically a few grocery lists. My favorite is my Mod-Mediterranean (but it is ridiculously expensive and most people not only cannot afford it, a lot do no cook (always surprises me). Most of the ASF guys definitely DO cook though. More of my regular weight loss/office workers clientele; it is like, “ you don’t really move for 8.5 hrs” you definitely need to at least learn basics and stay away from eating out. You never know what kinda quality or handling it is. I see US Foods and Sysco Trucks everywhere (). I stay away from most places anyway; but I do enjoy a meal made by someone else !

Max
    NY/CHI Pizza!!
    If you can’t afford to eat home cooked, healthy food, how in the fuck do you afford eating out all the time? I get fast food can be cheap. When I am in the states I always get one of those “$5 fill ups” at Taco Bell and KFC. A lot of (shit) food, super cheap. This always baffles me.

Being candid, you are fat because you are lazy, you don’t do cardio because you are lazy, you don’t meal prep because you are lazy and perhaps even your lazy training prompts you to use gear long before getting any of these things in line instead.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,504 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by maxmuscle1 View Post

Max
    NY/CHI Pizza!!
    If you can’t afford to eat home cooked, healthy food, how in the fuck do you afford eating out all the time? I get fast food can be cheap. When I am in the states I always get one of those “$5 fill ups” at Taco Bell and KFC. A lot of (shit) food, super cheap. This always baffles me.

Being candid, you are fat because you are lazy, you don’t do cardio because you are lazy, you don’t meal prep because you are lazy and perhaps even your lazy training prompts you to use gear long before getting any of these things in line instead.

Rob
    Skyline Chili, Cowgirl Creamery “Red Hawk”, Fried Okra and Tomater sandwiches

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11,501 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by CoachCabo View Post

Rob
    Skyline Chili, Cowgirl Creamery “Red Hawk”, Fried Okra and Tomater sandwiches
    I have the skyline for the party (get together), that cinnamon-isn unique flavor is awesome !

I like the 4 way - no beans

Max