Distribution of calories and macros

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts
    Rep Points

Distribution of calories and macros

How important is it to evenly distribute your intake of everything across the day? Just curious how much of a disservice I’m doing myself when I have crazy busy and unexpected days like yesterday where I barely got anything in until 5 at night at which time managed to get 3500 calories and 200 grams of protein down before bed….

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11,779 Posts
    Rep Points

Pretty important. During bulking, I only need 3 big meals . During a cut or recomp, I eat 4 solid meals and 2 shakes(or snacks). I get better fat burning reults. It is highly complicated for each person though. Prepping my meals and having an ISOBAG (or other cold storage bag : holds six meal trays plus+). I have eaten 2-3000kcals in one meal before many times, but like I said , I was bulking and not “Natty”.

Max

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Rep Points

It makes it easier to eat everything for the day when it's broken down into several meals. Especially on a calorie surplus. Even on a deficit I eat my meals more close to each other every 2 hrs that way I don't get cravings. Depending what type of job you have or whatever reason maybe that you're to busy to eat there's always a way to get a meal in. That's where shakes come in handy. I have zero shakes in my diet. But if I wasn't able to get a meal in I'd go that route. Depending on your macros for the meal at the time you're about to consume. Your meal was suppose to be a carb and protein meal? I'd blend up oats and protein powder. Protein and fats only. Protein powder and some type of nuts. Those shakes would contain the same sodium my real food meals would have also. I've been in situations where I've been busy and I still managed to get my meals in. My last job I didn't go in till 8 am but I would wake up at 530 am to eat and right before I got to my job I'd have 10 or 15 to eat another one then break time I'd rush to eat again then came lunch another meal. When I got out of work I would eat a meal on the freeway. Theres always a way if you really want this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts
    Rep Points

From studies protein feedings of 5 showed better than 3-4 but more didn’t protein synthesis.
    plus digestion eating all your food in one go will cause digest issues and we want specific timing of food sources before during after a workout enhanced or not.