• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Chiropractors Are Not Medical Doctors

Arnold

Numero Uno
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
by Christian Duque There seems to be an overwhelming amount of interest in chiropractic care. While there’s always been interest in alternative medicine, chiro seems to be in a class all its own. For example, there’s a wide range of treatments, from cupping to cryo to salt baths to acupuncture, which have all earned some

Read More...

Chiros were never classified as MD's as they generally receive very little medical training and that's where the confusion is.

With my insurance I pay 20 bucks at the chiro, for that I get a killer 15 minute deep tissue massage from my neck to the back of my knees, electronic stim. neck and back realigment, and hydro therapy, call them whatever you want I got no complaints....:coffee:

With my insurance I pay 20 bucks at the chiro, for that I get a killer 15 minute deep tissue massage from my neck to the back of my knees, electronic stim. neck and back realigment, and hydro therapy, call them whatever you want I got no complaints....:coffee:

I am betting the chiro isn't the one doing the massage.

Chiropractors have a Doctorate degree. They add to the confusion by saying things like "Chiropractic Physician."

Believe it or not some ppl just see "Dr." and think medical doctor.

Physician's don't like chiropractors bc sometimes Chiro's will tell their patients to "stop" their medication as prescribed bc they will "fix" it instead.

Have had clients who stopped asthma medication bc their chiro was going to fix their asthma.

Idea is the malalignment of the spine is impeding the flow of the nerve to the lungs creating a "disease" state...and once they restore the flow, the condition goes away.

Some chiroprators have been know to manipulate the spine of little babies.

Definitely some quackery. So you see they are often selling supplements they "recommended" and have in house.

you are correct, Mr. Lee does the massage. The "doctor" does the aligment and the assisant does the stim and hydro setup. They do not try to sell me anything. I went there with 3 herinated discs and not that they corrected that problem I found that I liked the other treatments. I mean where else can you get 15 minutes of deep muscle (<term used loosely) massage for 20 bucks. That alone is worth it. For my herinated discs I got two round of epidurals and don't beleive I will ever do that again, I bought a teeter inversion table and that does help lengthen the back and give the herniation room to not get pinched off..:coffee:

you are correct, Mr. Lee does the massage. The "doctor" does the aligment and the assisant does the stim and hydro setup. They do not try to sell me anything. I went there with 3 herinated discs and not that they corrected that problem I found that I liked the other treatments. I mean where else can you get 15 minutes of deep muscle (<term used loosely) massage for 20 bucks. That alone is worth it. For my herinated discs I got two round of epidurals and don't beleive I will ever do that again, I bought a teeter inversion table and that does help lengthen the back and give the herniation room to not get pinched off..:coffee:

I hear ya.

Just be mindful that constant manipulation will cause "hyper" mobility of some spinal segments.

That's what can great the need or sensation of wanting to be "cracked" all the time.

But it's not necessarily a good thing to by hypermobile as this can create instability.

You have to ask yourself, if he manipulates the segment back into place, then why doesn't it stay there? What makes it pop out of place again??

I’ve been to many chiropractors over the years and I never saw any real benefits.

IMO the only time they are of real value? If you subluxated a spinal segment.

They are excellent at putting it back. That usually requires just 1 or 2 sessions. Which isn't profittable.

So they want those ppl who are willing to return back every week to "maintain" the health/alignment of their spine.

Actually had someone say to me, "My chiropractor made my back better but it took a couple of years."

I use 1 guy and only him if it wasn't for him and the juice I'd be crippled or in a wheelchair way long ago. I started off a few times a wk cause I was soo bad, then 1x wk then 1x mth now I go only when I've messed something up which is about every 3mths. The guy I went to before hurt me more than he helped and just wanted that insurance,my guy is cash only I pay $35 visit. I'll have a vertebrae or a rib or something just go out from work, heavy lifting, etc. I had a disk like drop I guess hospital said it was bout to rupture blah blah had the chiropractor look at he really made a hard decision kinda pushed on the bulge pushed it back up where it needed to be put my back correct wrapped me up sent me home for a wk..bout 3wks later I was fine couldn't move for shit til wk3 that's just been less than 6mths ago

IMO the only time they are of real value? If you subluxated a spinal segment.

They are excellent at putting it back. That usually requires just 1 or 2 sessions. Which isn't profittable.

So they want those ppl who are willing to return back every week to "maintain" the health/alignment of their spine.

Actually had someone say to me, "My chiropractor made my back better but it took a couple of years."

I watched a documentary on this kid who was hunched over at a 90 degree angle, and he finally hooked up with a chiropractor that over the course of months of adjustments got him back to standing/walking straight up and down again. It was pretty cool. So yeah it certain cases they can help.

IML Gear Cream!
I’d trust a Chiropractor over an md in today’s world.

suck it

My dad is a retired radiologist.. and he hates chiropractors. Call's everything they do fake. Says.. you are going to go in there, get an x-ray.. they will come back and say your hips are out of alignment and then sign you up for 10 visits to "fix things". Only if you have insurance of course.

One of my best friends from high school parents are chiropractors. They have a big family practice in my home town, very successful and nice family. Of course my friend was going to go to school to be a Chiropractor. During the time he was in school, he flunked out of the main University he attended. Had to enroll in a community college to get his grades back up. Was put on academic probation there after his first 2 semesters. Transferred to another CC where he did good enough. Transferred back to another University and barely graduated. His parents went to a chiropractor school down south, and are big time donors to the school. He parents basically paid for him to get accepted. He graduated from there and now is working at his families practice. He's probably been a chiropractor for about 6-7 years and is set to take over the family practice. He's a great guy and all, not trying to throw shade on him.. but usually in the medical field.. doctors graduate at the top of their class.. from high school, to premed, to med school. You will be hard pressed to find a Doctor that didn't carry a 4.0 through school. And here he is.. a Dr., and flunked out of pretty much every school he attended.

Fortunately for me my wife is a massage therapist by trade and has the table and the cups at the house.

Cupping is the fucking shit! It doesn't feel anywhere near as good as a massage and it'll look like you got raped by an octopus but it really does work.

A lot of the time people think they're experiencing discomfort because of some sort of misalignment when in reality it's muscular. The cups sort you right out.

Back