• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Car traveling

Drugsgear

Board Rep
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I recently drove 600 miles in a day by car, I was pretty tired, but it was a good adventure. I like car travel, as it gives you a chance to enjoy the views, stop where you like and choose your own pace. However, it can be a bit exhausting. So, do you enjoy the long ride? What is the longest car trip you have ever had?

I've had some 1500+ trips that took 2+ days. Those sucked. Any more, about two hours and my butt and back are done with being in a truck/car/etc.

I've got a Class A CDL. I haven't used it in many years but hang onto it. I never went to truck driving school but learned to drive the old fashioned way, back before such schools existed. I got it after I got out of the military so that I could save up enough cash to quit work and finish my degree while going to school full time. I once drove over 70,000 miles in 3 months. That's damn near 6,000 miles a week.

An unexpected side effect was that I could not back up in a car without a trailer. I looked like a complete idiot trying to back into a parking space. There were times that I'd have to relinquish the driver's seat to the wife because I simply couldn't back up. I kept turning the wrong way and truly felt like a moron. Oddly, it didn't affect how I rode a motorcycle. It's just too much difference between the two for one to affect the other so my motorcycle became my transportation of choice.

Longest I've ridden my bike at one shot was around 1400 miles in 19.5 hours. An old Navy buddy was having a 4th of July party and I didn't want to miss it. I have no idea how fast I was going because my speedometer broke about 2 hours into the trip. All I know for sure is that no one passed me.

I'm too old now, but I always wanted to try to do that run from Prudhoe Bay, Alaska to Key West, Florida on my bike. Last I knew, the record was somewhere around 86 hours. I'm pretty sure that back in the day I could've easily done that. Just turn the bike into a rolling gas can and ride like Hell!

Last edited:
I love putting down miles. I’d say I’ll drive 500-700 miles in a day at least once every 2 weeks or so to look at projects.

The furthest I’ve ever driven straight was about 1100 miles, all at once, no stops apart from stopping to piss and get fuel. I’ve done that at least 6 times.

I also have my class a cdl and I’ve driven class b and a units about 800 miles at a time without stopping, don’t tell the FMCSA lol. All bs aside, every one of those trips were under a national emergency declaration so rules regarding driving hours are waived and you basically just drive through the weigh stations.

I know some of those old school 3 log book wielding, over-the-road meth heads would put me to shame but I actually pride myself on my ability to drive ridiculously long distances.

I've driven cross country stopping here and there more times than I can remember.
It's gotta be at least 20 times starting in the mid 80s til the summer of 1995.
I never did it alone tho.. always with a car or van full of drugged up Deadheads.
https://youtu.be/EhaBi-nP7R0

I love putting down miles. I’d say I’ll drive 500-700 miles in a day at least once every 2 weeks or so to look at projects..
Wtf??
Fuck that!!!
At this age, I could do that maybe twice before I went crazy.
That's waaaaaay too much for me.

I've had some 1500+ trips that took 2+ days. Those sucked. Any more, about two hours and my butt and back are done with being in a truck/car/etc.
That's tough, dude. For me, a day behind the wheel is the maximum I am able to endure, by the evening I’m half dead. Two days in a row, I probably could not stand

I've got a Class A CDL. I haven't used it in many years but hang onto it. I never went to truck driving school but learned to drive the old fashioned way, back before such schools existed. I got it after I got out of the military so that I could save up enough cash to quit work and finish my degree while going to school full time. I once drove over 70,000 miles in 3 months. That's damn near 6,000 miles a week.

An unexpected side effect was that I could not back up in a car without a trailer. I looked like a complete idiot trying to back into a parking space. There were times that I'd have to relinquish the driver's seat to the wife because I simply couldn't back up. I kept turning the wrong way and truly felt like a moron. Oddly, it didn't affect how I rode a motorcycle. It's just too much difference between the two for one to affect the other so my motorcycle became my transportation of choice.

Longest I've ridden my bike at one shot was around 1400 miles in 19.5 hours. An old Navy buddy was having a 4th of July party and I didn't want to miss it. I have no idea how fast I was going because my speedometer broke about 2 hours into the trip. All I know for sure is that no one passed me.

I'm too old now, but I always wanted to try to do that run from Prudhoe Bay, Alaska to Key West, Florida on my bike. Last I knew, the record was somewhere around 86 hours. I'm pretty sure that back in the day I could've easily done that. Just turn the bike into a rolling gas can and ride like Hell!
I love my comfort too much to prefer bike to car, this is not my type of transport, really.

I love putting down miles. I’d say I’ll drive 500-700 miles in a day at least once every 2 weeks or so to look at projects.

The furthest I’ve ever driven straight was about 1100 miles, all at once, no stops apart from stopping to piss and get fuel. I’ve done that at least 6 times.

I also have my class a cdl and I’ve driven class b and a units about 800 miles at a time without stopping, don’t tell the FMCSA lol. All bs aside, every one of those trips were under a national emergency declaration so rules regarding driving hours are waived and you basically just drive through the weigh stations.

I know some of those old school 3 log book wielding, over-the-road meth heads would put me to shame but I actually pride myself on my ability to drive ridiculously long distances.
It's funny, but you're the first person who tells me that he likes to travel long distances behind the wheel.

I've driven cross country stopping here and there more times than I can remember.
It's gotta be at least 20 times starting in the mid 80s til the summer of 1995.
I never did it alone tho.. always with a car or van full of drugged up Deadheads.
https://youtu.be/EhaBi-nP7R0
I'm sure you have a couple of cool stories about these adventures;)

Back