• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

5x5?

Nattynate

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Hey all, recently started lifting for mass/strength gain. I know there’s many articles I can read but just wanted to hear from you guys your thoughts on a 5x5 program vs something Else for packing on size and strength. Thanks in advance (the user name is a joke, I know this is a AAS forum)

I use it and modified versions of it . Maxs log under log section. Basically, I used it as a beginner , and up until now even. You can judge if it works for you.

Max

I started w Bill Starr and Mad Cow , then Max Cyborg versions

5x5, 5x3, 3x3 Is what I've used in the past for big strength and mass gains. I've not done it in a long time I'll probably change it up soon been doing 5x8-12 pyramid for all workouts.

5x5, 5x3, 3x3 Is what I've used in the past for big strength and mass gains. I've not done it in a long time I'll probably change it up soon been doing 5x8-12 pyramid for all workouts.

Actually, my comp prep is going to be in the 5-8 and 10-15 range , it bounces around . Killer

Max
82f4e3bd14e602e27a39c0daec676707.plist

6aba2a2aec29414ecfe7c601260d4e8d.plist

b5b9805772d8ab659f864166298081d2.png

#eyeontheprize#relaxed#flex

Done me good so far just need change just like my cycles always change, keep up the good work max

Done me good so far just need change just like my cycles always change, keep up the good work max

Hells yeah!. Changing things up is the thing to do!

Max

I'm very jelly of that Damn head of hair! Lol

Monte..lol. The hair! I am so paranoid of it. I basically signed w keeps! Lol true shit

Max

IML Gear Cream!
Me too Mont...
I'll grab a few other bald bastards and lets meet at Max's house...Say around 2am
See if I still have some Indian in me...Scalp his ass...head too..

To the OP...
I have to press restart a lot with my training...
My go to is 10x10

Me too Mont...
I'll grab a few other bald bastards and lets meet at Max's house...Say around 2am
See if I still have some Indian in me...Scalp his ass...head too..

Lmao! That would suck! I am sure one day I will go clean head! I like the look as long as I have a good tan on the scalp. I had a buzz cut once and everyone though I was a skinhead! Lol.
I’m watching out for any Apache/Blackfoot/Cherokee’s Now!!

Max

To the OP...
I have to press restart a lot with my training...
My go to is 10x10

I do 10x10 on legs every once in a while...omg , sooo sore. I would like to try that : just for four weeks , one muscle group 7 days a week . Sounds super hard but, I will try it someday. I have done super high volume and love it. I am the type of person who likes to try almost any sorta program for 4-8 weeks. Seems almost any program will work if you do it with full intensity and follow exact directions given to you by trainer/online/or printed from a book. As long as you know a lot about nutrition/Supps/training.

Gh/high test would definitely be used if I did it. I almost cannot imagine how hard it would be, but I can!

Max
New & Old Ideas for Growth

I do 10 of 10 on chest day.. usually flat or incline bench..That does the job nicely..
Not too heavy..super with shoulder band work..hour in out the door..time to eat..

I do 10 of 10 on chest day.. usually flat or incline bench..That does the job nicely..
Not too heavy..super with shoulder band work..hour in out the door..time to eat..

During pandemic , before I got my studio room set up, I got into bands a lot! Love em. I like the Odoland brand. I am pretty rough on em, not one has broken yet. (I keep them indoors)

Max

I do a modified upright rows.. basically different angles Not straight up..Which hits the Mid and Rear more..no joint stress..Love the results..

Hairy bastard...enjoy it while it last..

I do a modified upright rows.. basically different angles Not straight up..Which hits the Mid and Rear more..no joint stress..Love the results..

Hairy bastard...enjoy it while it last..

I will, lol. Yeah, the bands allow for all types of modifications, I use them with my 85+lbs dumbbells to make them heavier on the adjustable bench. You rows sound perfect to hit that long ass lat!

Max

Back