• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

New Car Tires?

Arnold

Numero Uno
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I need to replace the tires on my M3 due to dry rot. I was looking at Big O Tire and Discount Tire. Where do you guys advise to get new car tires?

I need to replace the tires on my M3 due to dry rot. I was looking at Big O Tire and Discount Tire. Where do you guys advise to get new car tires?
I have gotten my last 2 sets off ebay. Pretty much brand new take offs. I switched from the ZR rated to HR since I rarely go above 130. I get a little better mileage out of them. Last set of continental run flats paid 550 shipped.

If you want the tire warranty and all that go to one of the big stores and look online for rebates for the brand you want

I use a local tire shop. They put every other place I’ve ever been to to shame.

I’ve gotten my tires changed at other places and those fat fucks would get all smug with me when I asked them why it’s taking 3 hours. Fuckin bums.

It takes 10 minutes at home AND the prices are better.

Goodyear's

Last I remember discount tire was reasonable price for this brand.

There used to be a guy near me that sold massive volume. His prices were so low that all the local dealerships bought tires from him. He had a well paid crew that could pop 4 new tires on a car in about 10 minutes. Those guys were like a well-oiled Nascar pit crew. There was always a line of customers but it moved very quickly. Then his prices started creeping up . . . Now he's just like any other tire store.

So the last time I went to Firestone. The pitched me a deal. I said, Nah. Too much. So right from the Firestone lobby I started calling around to other tire places. While on speaker phone so that the Firestone folks could hear me, I'd tell the other tire people that I was at Firestone and what Firestone's best price was, so of course the other place would give me a better price. I really didn't want to drive any more because the tires were thread bear and ready to blow. Even had a bulge sticking out between the threads. Firestone knew this but I still played hardball even though I was desperate. Yeah, I was being a dick but after the third phone call of a better price, Firestone finally pitched a comparable deal and I agreed.

Traveling around the world taught me to haggle over everything. The sticker price is just where the negotiations begin.

I use local dealer but I buy michelina as well they cost more but last longer and ride better in my opinion

I have saved some money using Discount Tire, pretty sure they price match as well.

Try SimpleTire.com I've bought alot ofvtires at great prices for my equipment

Look up the tire online, find the cheapest price, print off the price and take to Discount Tire. They always price match.

If you want the whole job done then shoot over to a firestone or goodyear , maybe a dealer if the car is newer ....tell them you want same tires that vehicle came with oem! They may have to order them, if they try to sell something else its because they have more of that tire in stock and its less desirable...if you want You can pm me and give me some vehicle info and I can throw out some good tire choices....Im picky with my vehicles ....

Mavis tire is good around here

Back