• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Injection tips

rawbuilt

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
what are some tips to prevent bleeding after an injection?

i did an injection in my ventro glute and when i pulled the needle out blood came running down my leg

it was a good amount of blood but stopped soon as i wiped it

this never happened before and am trying to figure out why and how to prevent this in the future...

Were you standing? If so that is why.

I would lie down face first on a couch or bed and reach back and perform your shot. It's much easier that way.

Also when you clean the area, you use a wipe with alcohol right? Let that sit right on your ass below the injection site. As soon as you remove the Syringe push the tissue w alcohol right onto the site and apply pressure.

This limits bleeding and it spilling onto precious blankets, rugs, etc.

That was a little bleeder wait until you get a squirter bro! The first time I was like a dog chasing my tail. Looked like a murder seen. it's always good for blood letting when your running gear anyway.

BTW Glutes are the only spots I have ever had gushers. Never anywhere else.

I would lie down face first on a couch or bed and reach back and perform your shot. It's much easier that way.

Also when you clean the area, you use a wipe with alcohol right? Let that sit right on your ass below the injection site. As soon as you remove the Syringe push the tissue w alcohol right onto the site and apply pressure.

You know that's ruining all the fun! Lol

yeah i was standing but i did on my other side standing with no issues

i dont think i can do it laying down bro lol and yeah i always use alcohol wipes before and after

would a longer needle help prevent this? im currently using an 1 inch but would a 1 1/2 needle be better for deeper injections to prevent leakage...?

Do some research on air locking IM injections.
is that the same as z track technique?

cause i actually did that and blood still came out....

i might of not held the skin hard enough this time or tight glute muscles maybe?

i did heavy deadlifts the day before and my glutes always get hit hard with that movement

Last edited:
IML Gear Cream!
Could be the needle gauge. What size gauge needle is it? I have been using 30g 1/2” with no issues. Also I leave my needle in for 10 sec after I am done injecting and then apply pressure with cotton pad while massaging the spot. Could help.

I use 5/8 with VG... sometimes you get a little blood.

I find my VG standing up right, put my finger on the spot I’m injecting, then sit down and relax my leg and inject the spot I had put my finger on. Seems to work so far.

VG and glutes are all I’ve ever pinned... thinking about moving into delt injections but seems like a bitch to do by myself and there are some nerves up there that ya gotta be well aware of.

Quad injections are on my bucket list as well as Sub-Q.

You're not going to lose gear.

I know you are aware of the Z Track Method but this site may be a good review:
https://www.verywellhealth.com/z-track-method-of-injection-4587589

In the air-lock technique (3), a small amount of air is drawn up into the syringe along with the medication, the skin is stretched flat between two fingers and held taut, needle is plunged in at a right angle, injection includes medication followed by air, needle is withdrawn and taut skin is released.
https://tirumalaikamala.wordpress.c...nimise-pain-after-an-intramuscular-injection/

I rarely inject my glutes as, my handicap prevents me from injecting with my left hand. So I do Quads up to 4 cc and delts 2 cc.

Last edited:
what are some tips to prevent bleeding after an injection?

i did an injection in my ventro glute and when i pulled the needle out blood came running down my leg

it was a good amount of blood but stopped soon as i wiped it

this never happened before and am trying to figure out why and how to prevent this in the future...

probably you use the same needle you use to take from vial ? never do that, use 25g or less kind of needles and 1" is enough for all muscles . You gor blood because you hit a vessel , so try to shoot on muscles that are safe with less veins like shoulders , glutes .

Couldn’t imagine lying down for a glute shot. Gotta tell you though, I never realized how flexible I am not until trying to do that fucking twist for the glutes. I’m starting to think it’s time to bring wife up to speed about my little hobby, so she can help a guy out….

I use 5/8 with VG... sometimes you get a little blood.

I find my VG standing up right, put my finger on the spot I’m injecting, then sit down and relax my leg and inject the spot I had put my finger on. Seems to work so far.

VG and glutes are all I’ve ever pinned... thinking about moving into delt injections but seems like a bitch to do by myself and there are some nerves up there that ya gotta be well aware of.

Quad injections are on my bucket list as well as Sub-Q.

I rotate delts with a 1/2” 27g for B12 and Glutathione 5 days a week for the last year or so. It’s worked without issues so far.

I just flex my delt find a nice spot like you and then use a shelf and mirror in my closet lol.

Last edited:
I rotate delts with a 1/2” 27g for B12 and Glutathione 5 days a week for the last year or so. It’s worked without issues so far.

I just flex my delt find a nice spot like you and then use a shelf and mirror in my closet lol.

You don’t actually push the pin into your delt while it’s flexed do you?

Back