• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

High bp

CowboyPump77

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I am at that age unfortunately and genetics play a part. It runs in my family. Been having serious High BP issues. Over 200 systolic at times. What do you guys use or do to alleviate. I just started lisinopril -HCTZ 10-12.5 mg twice daily. That helps certainly but there are times it still climbs. I have cut out all caffeine and basically any suspect sups. Cut down my use of "enhancing products" to therapeutic levels. Any other advice? I did donate blood but will now have to give myself therapeutic phlebotomies as they do not accept blood from BP med users. Anyways thanks!

Your doctor should be able to give you a prescription to get your blood drawn. I know someone with BP problems and he goes to a lab with his script and they draw it and toss his blood in the trash.

Aside from the past couple of years with current health issues, I've usually been extremely active - surfing, skateboarding, motocross, backpacking - but there was a period of about 5-6 years in my mid-40's where I didn't do shit. I got fat and BP went through the roof. As soon as my doctor started talking cholesterol and BP meds, I said, "give me 6 months and we'll run these tests again." I ripped off 60 pounds in six months and all my numbers fell back into line. My point is, as much as I hate cardio, it really works for me to control issues like BP. I'd be finding ways to control it through healthy lifestyle changes before considering meds. I don't know if your situation allows for this or how healthy your lifestyle currently is, but that's my experience for what it's worth.

I am at that age unfortunately and genetics play a part. It runs in my family. Been having serious High BP issues. Over 200 systolic at times. What do you guys use or do to alleviate. I just started lisinopril -HCTZ 10-12.5 mg twice daily. That helps certainly but there are times it still climbs. I have cut out all caffeine and basically any suspect sups. Cut down my use of "enhancing products" to therapeutic levels. Any other advice? I did donate blood but will now have to give myself therapeutic phlebotomies as they do not accept blood from BP med users. Anyways thanks!
You need to go to a cardiologist bro. Get an EKG
If you have a family history of HBP take my word for this and don't wait.
Lisinopril/HCZ is a mild drug for HBP.
I'm curious how much water your retaining. Just because you don't have swollen ankles doesn't mean you're not retaining water.
A lot of it especially for bodybuilders can be hidden.
If you don't address it you could end up with congestive heart failure.

Your doctor should be able to give you a prescription to get your blood drawn. I know someone with BP problems and he goes to a lab with his script and they draw it and toss his blood in the trash.

Aside from the past couple of years with current health issues, I've usually been extremely active - surfing, skateboarding, motocross, backpacking - but there was a period of about 5-6 years in my mid-40's where I didn't do shit. I got fat and BP went through the roof. As soon as my doctor started talking cholesterol and BP meds, I said, "give me 6 months and we'll run these tests again." I ripped off 60 pounds in six months and all my numbers fell back into line. My point is, as much as I hate cardio, it really works for me to control issues like BP. I'd be finding ways to control it through healthy lifestyle changes before considering meds. I don't know if your situation allows for this or how healthy your lifestyle currently is, but that's my experience for what it's worth.

I went through the same phase. I have lost 80lbs and put on 15 to 20 lbs of muscle roughly. I knew it was high even a few years ago but it was not too bad. I am now in good shape and it's higher than ever, sigh. I did have EKG done recently. It came back clear but I suspect their is more here than meets the eye. I'll go talk to the doc next week. I got bloods lined up anyways....
tHANKS FOR THE ADVICE GENTLEMAN

Do you have anxiety at all ? That can cause high blood pressures if you're high strung. High blood pressures can just be genetic. It runs in my family along with high bad children and low good children

I'd avoid any seasonings and probably add in a fruit or two

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Finding the right bp med can be tricky. Lisinopril seems to work for most people but it might not be the ticket for you. Maybe look into a beta blocker. I take metoprolol succinate XR 50mgs. Does the trick for me. I was on atenolol 50mgs for years. Calcium channel, ace none of them work for me. Look into a beta blocker.

Back