Team supervisor P.S.L.
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,288 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Bft84 View Post
    Diets easy itís just people over complicate it. Want to lose weight? Be in a deficit. Want to gain weight? Be in a surplus. Want to gain muscle? Eat 1-2 grams per lb protein and fill in the rest of your calories with whatever food you like. Want to lose weight and try to maintain as much muscle as you can? Do the same with a deficit. How is dieting hard?
    Proper dieting can be like a foreign language to some people, so yes it can be complicated. Critiquing people for not understanding is silly. Dieting does take time to understand especially sensitivities and knowing how to make adjustments. And most of all timing, timing is pivotal. You just can't throw that information above at someone and tell them to have at it and make improvements. We can peel the layers back here and get really nitty gritty without people have an emotional attachment with food, cravings, genetic predispositions and so on. For people that have been at this for years, I get it it's simple, but for people that have no idea - how are they supposed to have an idea?!?!
    Most of us are programmed what to eat and how to eat, no fuss no muss. But we were never always programmed. There's not one mother fucker that's the genuine article. Dieting can suck, it takes time, and people get to learn themselves through a whole different perspective that they've never experienced, and each phase can be different from the last as sensitivities change.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    489 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by zionoir626 View Post
    There's a big difference to me between eating clean and dirty..at 55 you better believe it and starting good habits early is key to staying healthy..You need to look further down the road that 1 cycle or 2..Yes it took 6k back then now No..but I'm wiser now..Eating dirty will raise health markers quick..best not to start or continue that..young first couple of cycles yes then go for quality..I agree to disagree..

Dailing in cardio can curve the fat gains..but most BB want to cut back on that to gain..I strongly disagree with that mindset..

BTW.. I'm no expert by any means..guys like Vis..Skip..401..know WAY more than me on most sujects..
    Iím talking about gaining and losing weight. What mind set do you disagree with? Itís not a mindset itís literally the law of thermodynamics. A calorie is a unit of energy. Consume excess you gain weight, consume less than you burn, you lose weight. A piece of cake isnít going to harm the average person. People trying to control calories will clean up their diet over time. Restrictive eating for most people leads to binging and failure. Iíd rather someone live a normal life and eat foods they enjoy, because they can adhere to that and get the same benefits of eating ďcleanĒ. You will not get fat no matter wgat you eat if calories remain the same. Your age doesnít change magically change the law of thermodynamics

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    489 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Vision View Post
    Proper dieting can be like a foreign language to some people, so yes it can be complicated. Critiquing people for not understanding is silly. Dieting does take time to understand especially sensitivities and knowing how to make adjustments. And most of all timing, timing is pivotal. You just can't throw that information above at someone and tell them to have at it and make improvements. We can peel the layers back here and get really nitty gritty without people have an emotional attachment with food, cravings, genetic predispositions and so on. For people that have been at this for years, I get it it's simple, but for people that have no idea - how are they supposed to have an idea?!?!
    Most of us are programmed what to eat and how to eat, no fuss no muss. But we were never always programmed. There's not one mother fucker that's the genuine article. Dieting can suck, it takes time, and people get to learn themselves through a whole different perspective that they've never experienced, and each phase can be different from the last as sensitivities change.
    Dieting is confusing to people because of all the misinformation and over complication of it. A calorie is a calorie. We store them or use them. Iím not critiquing anyone Iím just cutting through the nonsense. I understand people have certain allergens and other things, which is why Iím not giving food choices, but what I am doing is making it as easy and unintimidating as I can. Itís literally the only way any diet works, because they all work if youíre consistent with them.

Team supervisor P.S.L.
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,288 Posts
    Rep Points

Dieting is confusing to people because of all the misinformation and over complication of it. A calorie is a calorie. We store them or use them. Iím not critiquing anyone Iím just cutting through the nonsense. I understand people have certain allergens and other things, which is why Iím not giving food choices, but what I am doing is making it as easy and unintimidating as I can. Itís literally the only way any diet works, because they all work if youíre consistent with them.
    Listen I totally get what you're doing, you're getting down to the brass and you're simplifying things and you're pulling out the crayons and paper, that part I get.
    But people can also read what you're posting and get misinformed as well, because it does come down to the quality and type of nutrients we take in, ratios and so on and this much you already know.

This is like someone that is a whiz at math, someone who completely gets it, while trying to explain the others who do not get it, by telling them how simple it is in layman's terms. When in reality, some people are just good with numbers and other people it takes exposure and practice, with continuously using these principles without getting rusty. For the average person, if you don't use it you'll lose it.

But I get what you're saying here and I'm not disagreeing. My angle of approach is merely advocating education, and having a better understanding.
    Take the basic and the fundamentals that you have laid out, and have others build from there with knowing what to take, when to time it, it went to make the adjustments by adding or subtracting. The reality is the metabolism is always changing adjustments will always need to be made. But let's also consider the type of people were trying to better educate here. It's very unlikely that's the majority of people reading this are competitors or plan on being one. Therefore a cookie cutter would suffice, but what happens when they hit a brick wall? I think it's fair to say people should be more in tune.

Apply the basics, basics always win, if they want to make some really significant improvements learn how to make the adjustments.

Your closing statement is what this all comes down to and that's consistency. People will fall off the rails, and people will need motivation, but staying consistent for as long as possible and picking right back up to be consistent again is what it comes down to.

The reality is it's hard as fuck to always be on point.

I consider myself very programmed, and I get disappointed and often have resentment and guilt when I slip up, but to the average person they roll their eyes like "really".. because yes it's a big deal to me, because I know better and I strive to stay consistent. The little shit bothers me. I can't make that up!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,240 Posts
    Rep Points

I'm going to finish with this..because this thread is getting derailed..and the OP doesn't need this back and forth..another thread for education if need be..First,I'm wrong more than right and I'm old enough to not get my feathers ruffled..I don't have to be right just ask my girl..yes a cal is a cal..but how you able to get away with stuff at a young age Radically changes as We all age..A1C point in case..

1st...
    Everyone is different

2nd..I am stating from personal experience about cal intake with my metabolism..and decades of use..

3rd..We can All learn from each other without the attitude..

And Finally
    What worked for me or you is No guarantee it will work for anyone else..
    With that I bow out of this Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,063 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Multislacking View Post
    Brown rice is good if you're cutting/recomp. Unless I missed it, you still haven't stated what your goal is. Is it losing weight? Is it recomp? Is it adding mass? If it's adding mass, then throw in potato, white rice, pasta. Recomp is a bit of a bitch. It's long and slow relatively speaking. Because you're not focusing on just cutting weight or just adding mass.
    I disagree on brown rice being good for anything man. It causes noticable gastric stress and bad digestion for me with even one meal a day. I've heard many others say the same. I'm assuming that enzyme in it that causes malabsorption of micronutrients is the cause. Plus I don't see many higher level coaches using it at all for prep, which I'm assuming is for a reason. Meadows doesn't like it at all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterMaker View Post
    Iím in my 4th week of my first cycle and it has unfortunately been unremarkable for the most part. I feel like Iím either doing something wrong here or my gear isnít up to par or I had my standards too high. I should mention that Iím getting my labs done this week too, just thought Iíd put this out there to hear any thoughts.

Iím eating pretty clean @3000 cals a day. Carbs are 200+ Gs daily and protein is 200-400 gs daily. Carbs primarily from brown rice and veggies. Protein primarily from chicken breasts, tuna, and extra lean beef. Iím lifting 3X week and doing full body workouts. Bench, military, DB rows, rack pulls, tricep extension, flys, cable cross overs, make up a lot of my workout. I shoot for 4-8 rep range. Going to be trying a push/pull split to see if more recovery time helps with gains.

Iíve only seen a minimal increase in strength since starting. I definitely donít have the mental edge I was hoping for. I actually feel kinda shitty most days. Just burned out feeling, and thatís kind of concerning. The extreme mental and physical exhaustion/fatigue is what had me looking into my T levels before I even decided I wanted to try a cycle, and now Iím blasting 500 msg and donít feel any better or maybe even worse some days.

After about 2 weeks from starting I gained about 8 lbs. I assumed that was all water retention as I looked and felt puffy and lost definition, I have a soft look to me now. I gained about two more LBs since the initial bloat but I wouldnít be surprised if itís just body fat.

Does this sound typical for someoneís first? I kept hearing how great the first cycle is and how much mental aggression you have is just ridiculous... I just feel bloated...not to mention the pip I get almost every time has been hindering my progress, for sure. Especially the first couple weeks when I was only pinning my quads.
    Most of these guys are just going to tell you your doing stuff wrong and not actually help.
    What's the Ester you're running?
    How old are you?
    Have you utilized a personal trainer for atleast 2 hours?
    Just my quick 2 cents.
    "Full body" workout routines are actually better for beginning lifters.
    Shoot for 14 exercises per day 4-5 days a week.
    500-600 mgs on a first cycle is going to put some weight on you. You already gained 8 lbs in three weeks? Not bad it can take the average unenhanced person several month to attain the same result.
    That "puffiness" is probably glycogen building.
    You shouldn't need an ai at that dose unless you run more than 10-12 weeks. If your having any sides it's because your diet and body fat aren't structured.

Carpet-Chewer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,982 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by zionoir626 View Post
    I'm going to finish with this..because this thread is getting derailed..and the OP doesn't need this back and forth..another thread for education if need be..First,I'm wrong more than right and I'm old enough to not get my feathers ruffled..I don't have to be right just ask my girl..yes a cal is a cal..but how you able to get away with stuff at a young age Radically changes as We all age..A1C point in case..

1st...
    Everyone is different

2nd..I am stating from personal experience about cal intake with my metabolism..and decades of use..

3rd..We can All learn from each other without the attitude..

And Finally
    What worked for me or you is No guarantee it will work for anyone else..
    With that I bow out of this Thread
    I donít give a fuck what some dumb gym bro bullshit asshole says, a calorie isnít a calorie.

Some foods/calories impact our bodies differently. Like carbs.

You have 8 doughnuts and see how those ďcaloriesĒ make you feel. They will make you feel like total crap.

Blood sugars will spike and crash.

AND there are no nutritional parts to a piece of cake. No one will grow muscle on cake.

That guy who ate McDonalds and only McDonalds got sick as a dog. Body was shutting down. Donít tell him a calories is a calorie.

Have a bag of pretzels and next day you are up two pounds in water from sodium. You canít just eat whatever the fuck.

Itís not as simple as calories in and calories out.

Take two ppl and give them both 3k calories a day. One eats boiled chicken and grilled vegetables. One eats cake, bagels and butter, sausage sandwiches.

3 months go by they wonít look the same. Or feel the same. Or produce the same at the gym with strength or endurance.

Btw this isnít directed at you bro. Itís at other idiots who ascribe to dumb junk science logic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    354 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Vala_Gear View Post
    Most of these guys are just going to tell you your doing stuff wrong and not actually help.
    How old are you?
    Just my quick 2 cents.
    500-600 mgs on a first cycle is going to put some weight on you. You already gained 8 lbs in three weeks? Not bad it can take the average unenhanced person several month to attain the same result.
    You shouldn't need an ai at that dose unless you run more than 10-12 weeks. If your having any sides it's because your diet and body fat aren't structured.
    Either way Iím learning a lot reading through the comments on this post, but Iím running Test E @500 a week, nolva 10 mgs daily, Iím 32, and started at 165 lbs. the scale has been fluctuating between 171-175 for a week now, which has got me thinking I might actually need to eat more still.

I have Dbol on hand as I was originally planning on starting the cycle off with it. What do you guys think about stacking 25-50mgs Dbol a day to this test for 2-3 weeks in the middle of it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    489 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Augustine5I View Post
    I donít give a fuck what some dumb gym bro bullshit asshole says, a calorie isnít a calorie.

Some foods/calories impact our bodies differently. Like carbs.

You have 8 doughnuts and see how those ďcaloriesĒ make you feel. They will make you feel like total crap.

Blood sugars will spike and crash.

AND there are no nutritional parts to a piece of cake. No one will grow muscle on cake.

That guy who ate McDonalds and only McDonalds got sick as a dog. Body was shutting down. Donít tell him a calories is a calorie.

Have a bag of pretzels and next day you are up two pounds in water from sodium. You canít just eat whatever the fuck.

Itís not as simple as calories in and calories out.

Take two ppl and give them both 3k calories a day. One eats boiled chicken and grilled vegetables. One eats cake, bagels and butter, sausage sandwiches.

3 months go by they wonít look the same. Or feel the same. Or produce the same at the gym with strength or endurance.

Btw this isnít directed at you bro. Itís at other idiots who ascribe to dumb junk science logic.

as far as weight gain/weight loss a calorie is a calorie. The majority of my muscle did not come from eating ďclean foodsĒ. When I cut I donít eat mainly ďclean foodsĒ. Ask JM Blakly how to gain weight. He has more muscle and strength than anyone here. This isnít junk science. Itís literally the law of thermodynamics. Iím not talking about health purposes. You know what I eat build muscle? I love pizza, bagels, McDonaldís, etc. I just stick to my protein requirements and caloric allotment. Same with cutting. As far that documentary it has been debunked. Morgan Sperlock is a sensationalist. Digestibility and how it makes you feel is more important than ďclean foodĒ. You know whatís most important? Consistency. If youíre stepping on stage thereís variables like water retention to worry about. Bad food, good food? Nope youíve got a bad relationship with food and misunderstanding of how it works in the human body.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    354 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Vala_Gear View Post
    How old are you?
    Just my quick 2 cents.
    Btw Iím not a beginner lifter. Been lifting on/off for 15 years. I decided to go with the full body after taking a 3 year break when my wife got pregnant with our first. Thought the full body would work well with my chaotic schedule. Before the break I had been doing a simple push/pull/leg split

Carpet-Chewer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,982 Posts
    Rep Points

as far as weight gain/weight loss a calorie is a calorie. The majority of my muscle did not come from eating ďclean foodsĒ. When I cut I donít eat mainly ďclean foodsĒ. Ask JM Blakly how to gain weight. He has more muscle and strength than anyone here. This isnít junk science. Itís literally the law of thermodynamics. Iím not talking about health purposes. You know what I eat build muscle? I love pizza, bagels, McDonaldís, etc. I just stick to my protein requirements and caloric allotment. Same with cutting. As far that documentary it has been debunked. Morgan Sperlock is a sensationalist. Digestibility and how it makes you feel is more important than ďclean foodĒ. You know whatís most important? Consistency. If youíre stepping on stage thereís variables like water retention to worry about. Bad food, good food? Nope youíve got a bad relationship with food and misunderstanding of how it works in the human body.
    You're an idiot.

And your dangerous bc new guys reading how it's okay to eat bagels, McDonald's as part of this lifestyle is reckless.

IDK who the fuck you think you are to take a position like this but it's over your head.

Relationship with food?? lolz. Who you parroting? Any pro would tell you they don't eat the foods your talking about. Unless they are doing a cheat day or dirty bulK (excuse to consume shit).

Again, this shit is over year head. You read this shit someplace and now parrot it like some newbie dick.

Also, post where it was debunked. So I can learn that it was... rabbi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    354 Posts
    Rep Points

You're an idiot.

And your dangerous bc new guys reading how it's okay to eat bagels, McDonald's as part of this lifestyle is reckless.

IDK who the fuck you think you are to take a position like this but it's over your head.

Relationship with food?? lolz. Who you parroting? Any pro would tell you they don't eat the foods your talking about. Unless they are doing a cheat day or dirty bulK (excuse to consume shit).

Again, this shit is over year head. You read this shit someplace and now parrot it like some newbie dick.

I would have to argue that someone who feels itís healthy to consume whatever they want, whenever they want, is the one who has an unhealthy relationship with foodÖ

They/Them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    699 Posts
    Rep Points

Beginning to feel disappointed

You're an idiot.

I think Vision broke down what Bft84 was saying pretty well in that this is the absolute most basic concept between weight loss and gain and in that regard he is correct.

Regardless of composition and any kind of gastroenterological distress, the only thing that dictates weight gained vs weight lost is caloric intake. The finer points of your diet will dictate what kind of weight that is. Itís easier to stay satiated and feel better in general if you keep processed foods to a minimum but itís not mandatory strictly from a scale weight perspective.

Heís providing some much needed pushback against some of the silly shit Iíve seen proponents of Keto and Atkins diets push. My former Controller argued with me up and down that caloric intake didnít matter. You could only gain weight once you ate carbs. I challenged him to eat a tub of mayonnaise in front of me every day for a month and then we could weigh him at the end. Those people are the ones are that are confused. He looked like absolute shit and refused to be helped.

Gym Derelict

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,168 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by GarlicChicken View Post
    I disagree on brown rice being good for anything man. It causes noticable gastric stress and bad digestion for me with even one meal a day. I've heard many others say the same. I'm assuming that enzyme in it that causes malabsorption of micronutrients is the cause. Plus I don't see many higher level coaches using it at all for prep, which I'm assuming is for a reason. Meadows doesn't like it at all.
    White rice my friend!

Starchy carbs over complex carbs any day.

Oh this is so simple (sarcasm).......