Help! Legs!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 26

Thread: Help! Legs!

  1. #1
    Amatuer Gynecologist
    MeatCurtains69's Avatar


    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Pound Town
    Posts
    576

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    189
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    402
    Thanked in
    255 Posts
    Rep Points
    1999385046

    Help! Legs!

    My background: 39 years young, 6 feet tall, 230lbs, been working out for 20 years. Not a bodybuilder or powerlifter - just a gym rat who cares about his physique. Dabbled in AAS for 20 years - serious cycles for around 10. I'm routinely off cycle natty lifting. Recent douchey pre-cycle gym pic attached.

    Over the years I have chronically skipped leg day with the exception of deads which I love doing. Fucking problem 5 weeks into my summer cycle - seriously sprained my arm which left me unable to lift upper body for several weeks. Figure this is an opportunity to add mass to my lower body for once in my life but need advice - have two problems.

    First, for esthetic purposes, I've worked hard to develop my traps, shoulders, rear delts. Feel like it has effected my flexibility to the point where can't get by arms in the proper position to hold the bar when I squat. Can't reach back that far. Any advice besides just daily stretching to increase that flexibility?

    Secondly, any advice to add mass to legs besides the obviously answer (heavy squats, leg press and deads)? Thanks bros, appreciate you all.

    Happy memorial day weekend; remember our fallen soldiers.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Sent from an outer space sea lab....

  2. #2
    Registered User
    wesley_swolle's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Flat earth 🕳
    Posts
    2,199

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    5,875
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,710
    Thanked in
    1,418 Posts
    Rep Points
    67829439

    Does your gym have a safety squat bar? I have the same issue with limited range of motion. I bought myself a SSB and it was a game changer.

    I didn't choose the swolle life, the swolle life chose me~Wesley Swolle

  3. #3
    Amatuer Gynecologist
    MeatCurtains69's Avatar


    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Pound Town
    Posts
    576

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    189
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    402
    Thanked in
    255 Posts
    Rep Points
    1999385046

    Quote Originally Posted by wesley_swolle View Post
    Does your gym have a safety squat bar? I have the same issue with limited range of motion. I bought myself a SSB and it was a game changer.

    I didn't choose the swolle life, the swolle life chose me~Wesley Swolle
    Hey Wesley, had to Google that to understand what it was. No, I wish they did having looked at it. That would be a good solution to the range of motion issue.
    Sent from an outer space sea lab....

  4. #4
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    1,194

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    901
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    747
    Thanked in
    493 Posts
    Rep Points
    19336412

    Honestly you donít look like you know to diet or train let alone using steroids for 10 years. You need to hire someone to work with you one on one.
    also you donít need barbell squats or deadlifts to develop a good physique or big legs.
    Last edited by Bft84; 05-30-2021 at 12:59 PM.

  5. #5
    Twat Waffle Inspector
    Milford King's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Milky Way
    Posts
    12,209

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    8,387
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    9,695
    Thanked in
    5,520 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    They have bar attachments so you can hold a barbell in the proper position without stretching your shoulders back. Iíd recommend looking in to that. Also stretching EVERYDAY is a great idea regardless.

    I donít disagree with the statement that squats are necessary but.... I feel like leg day is incomplete if I donít perform the squat. Ironically, I have no use for dead lifts at all (rack pulls all the way).

    my leg days start out with hamstring curls (either with a leg developer bench attachment or using the cable towers). This will warm your legs up and helps to alleviate my lower back pain that come with squats) thanks hfo3 for that suggestion itís definitely a game changer. Then Iíll hit hack squats with a landmine attachment OR lunges with either the landmine or DBs. I finish the session out with leg extensions... I rep these out until I canít stand and hate my life for 30 minutes post session.

    my legs have dramatically increased in strength and size using this approach ... I also add a second leg session each week (usually) but thatís just a blood pump session to help increase recovery rates.


    good luck broSki

  6. #6
    Amatuer Gynecologist
    MeatCurtains69's Avatar


    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Pound Town
    Posts
    576

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    189
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    402
    Thanked in
    255 Posts
    Rep Points
    1999385046

    Quote Originally Posted by Bft84 View Post
    Honestly you donít look like you know to diet or train let alone using steroids for 10 years. You need to hire someone to work with you one on one.
    also you donít need barbell squats or deadlifts to develop a good physique or big legs.
    How do you personally grow your legs then bro wife's thighmaster?
    Sent from an outer space sea lab....

  7. #7
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    1,194

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    901
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    747
    Thanked in
    493 Posts
    Rep Points
    19336412

    Quote Originally Posted by MeatCurtains69 View Post
    How do you personally grow your legs then bro wife's thighmaster?
    Well you skinny fat dick. Leg press, hack squat, leg ext, leg curl, you know other presses and leg movements. Youíve been abusing shit for 10-20 years and you look like youíve never been in a gym Iím giving you honest advice. Barbell squats are only needed if youíre a power lifter or strong man. Those, bench press, and dead lifts are the most over rated exercises for bodybuilding and building size period.

  8. #8
    Registered User
    maxmuscle1's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    20,889

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    32,490
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    19,009
    Thanked in
    11,458 Posts
    Rep Points
    719917795

    Do a 3x a week 5x5 and follow it exactly. Bill Starr version . Get cardio in separately but ED and they will grow. After 8 weeks, do a upper,
    lower split 4 days a week (10 weeks) . Try everything and be consistent.

    Max

  9. #9
    Registered User
    stephenkelly's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Location
    Valhalla
    Posts
    631

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    604
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    455
    Thanked in
    278 Posts
    Rep Points
    7844224

    Bro Iím not gonna bash on you like I was gonna but Iíll give you some advice. The reason you canít reach the back of your neck with the squat bar is simple. Itís not because you have over worked your traps and shoulders and back like you say. Itís because you need to STRETCH !!!!!! Bro put the bar on your back and deal with the pain. Focus on your legs and not your shoulders hurting because you are being a well bitch.

    You are talking to a bunch of seasoned vets. Iím sorry bro but if you did do AAS for 20 hrs. You wasted it because you donít look good at all. I would of never guessed you workout. Lol

    Hit the gym and try back next yearÖ


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    1,194

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    901
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    747
    Thanked in
    493 Posts
    Rep Points
    19336412

    Quote Originally Posted by stephenkelly View Post
    Bro Iím not gonna bash on you like I was gonna but Iíll give you some advice. The reason you canít reach the back of your neck with the squat bar is simple. Itís not because you have over worked your traps and shoulders and back like you say. Itís because you need to STRETCH !!!!!! Bro put the bar on your back and deal with the pain. Focus on your legs and not your shoulders hurting because you are being a well bitch.

    You are talking to a bunch of seasoned vets. Iím sorry bro but if you did do AAS for 20 hrs. You wasted it because you donít look good at all. I would of never guessed you workout. Lol

    Hit the gym and try back next yearÖ


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    heís probably screwed his shoulders up from bad form on top of never working on mobility. I donít know how he looks in the mirror and sees that his traps and delts are too big, heís clearly trying to flex in the pic and theyíre still nonexistent.

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Altenator_6's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Louisiana / Texas
    Posts
    459

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,077
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    410
    Thanked in
    248 Posts
    Rep Points
    8245867


  12. #12
    Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD
    Montego1's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    21,705

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,744
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    10,434
    Thanked in
    5,513 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Less volume more intensity and frequency

  13. #13
    Registered User
    TaintedAnchoR's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    102

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    259
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    68
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    Rep Points
    1220100

    Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    Less volume more intensity and frequency
    I concur


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #14
    Twat Waffle Inspector
    Milford King's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Milky Way
    Posts
    12,209

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    8,387
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    9,695
    Thanked in
    5,520 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Remember.

    were here to help not act like a bunch of gossiping bitches.

    dude asked for help not opinions. Letís remember, weíve all fucked up.... weíve all been guilty of being lazy or half assing or abusing things.

    and like it or not, weíre all in this together.... to better ourselves through trial and error.

    that is all..... have a good evening.

  15. #15
    Registered User
    MindlessWork's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    11,812

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    11,291
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,395
    Thanked in
    2,726 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Milford King View Post
    Remember.

    were here to help not act like a bunch of gossiping bitches.

    dude asked for help not opinions. Letís remember, weíve all fucked up.... weíve all been guilty of being lazy or half assing or abusing things.

    and like it or not, weíre all in this together.... to better ourselves through trial and error.

    that is all..... have a good evening.
    Well said. There's some great advice here that got lost in the bitchfest and that's doing the OP a great disservice.
    Show me

Similar Threads

  1. Legs
    By Mski0311 in forum Training
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 04-06-2021, 11:57 AM
  2. Legs every day
    By 88HerculesGenes88 in forum The Pit
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-24-2016, 05:37 PM
  3. Chest after legs
    By JRotten in forum Training
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-09-2014, 09:50 AM
  4. Legs legs legs
    By dutchmaster454 in forum GrAnabolic
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-20-2014, 05:03 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Copyright© 2012-2021 Anabolic Steroid Discussion Forums