Biden ATF Nominee Promises To Give Hunter Biden Gun Background Check Form To Senate

Numero Uno 💪
    ADMINISTRATOR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,395 Posts
    Rep Points

Biden ATF Nominee Promises To Give Hunter Biden Gun Background Check Form To Senate

Biden ATF Nominee Promises To Give Hunter Biden Gun Background Check Form To Senate, Probe Any Crimes

David Chipman, a gun control advocate who is Democrat President Joe Bidenís nominee to be director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), told the U.S. Senate on Wednesday that if he is confirmed to the position, he will turn over records related to the purchase of a firearm by Joe Bidenís son, Hunter Biden.

The background check that Hunter Biden filled out in October 2018 to obtain a firearm is relevant because in order to obtain the firearm, Hunter Biden had to state that he was not addicted to any substances. However, in a recent book that he wrote, Hunter Biden admitted that at approximately the same time he obtained the firearm, he was addicted to drugs. Lying on an ATF Form 4473 is a felony that can carry a 10-year prison sentence with a $250,000 fine.

Chipman was questioned by Sen. Charles Grassley (R-IA) about providing records related to the incident:

GRASSLEY: Mr. Chipman, on March 25th, this year, Senator Johnson and I wrote to ATF asking for records relating to the October 2018 Hunter Biden firearm incident. In response to my letter, ATF has refused to provide any records, citing the Freedom of Information Act, which is totally irrelevant to ATFís responsibility to comply with legitimate congressional oversight requests. Congress isnít subject to FOIA restrictions and ATFís use of the law as a shield is incompetent. If confirmed, what steps will you take to produce records to this Committee relating to Hunter Bidenís October 2018 firearm incident?

CHIPMAN: Senator Grassley, thank you for asking me this question. If I am confirmed as ATF director, I will abide by all ATF policies and DOJ policies to ensure that you receive the records that you require.

Chipman was later pressed by Sen. Tom Cotton (R-AR) about whether Hunter Biden should be prosecuted and whether Chipman would pursue criminal charges against Hunter Biden:

COTTON: Mr. Chipman, you testified to Senator Lee that itís a serious felony to lie on a background check application. I agree. The ATF form 4473 asks, ĎAre you unlawful user of or addicted to any drug or uncontrolled substance?í If an applicant checks Ďyes,í they cannot purchase a firearm. On March 25, Politico reported that Hunter Biden, President Bidenís son, applied for a handgun that was later thrown in the trash and had to be recovered by Secret Service agents in 2018. Politico reported that Hunter Biden completed this background check and answered Ďnoí to the question of whether he was an unlawful user of or addicted to any drug. Hunter Biden has since published a book and gone on a nationwide book tour, conducting numerous interviews stating that he was in fact very much addicted to drugs at the same time that he purchased this firearm. This would mean that by his own admission, Hunter Biden lied on that form, and by your earlier testimony, committed a serious felony. Should Hunter Biden be prosecuted for breaking this law?

CHIPMAN: Senator, thank you for your question. If Iím confirmed as ATF director, it will be my responsibility to enforce all federal laws without political favor. I do not know any factors in this particular case, but I am familiar with the press account of it.

COTTON: Well, my understanding is the statute of limitation is only five years and that this happened in 2018. Mr. Biden is obligated to keep a record of that form for up to five years himself. So, this should be a fairly easy case to investigate. Can I get your commitment that if you are confirmed, you will, in fact, look into this matter and refer it for prosecution if you find that Hunter Biden violated the law?

CHIPMAN: Senator, what I will assure you is that if ATF director, I will ensure that all violations of law are investigated and referred. Iím not sure that it has not been investigated.

COTTON: Well, I hope it has and if the facts are as clear cut as they appear to be based on Mr. Bidenís own admission, I would expect to see criminal charges forthcoming. But I would say that when a case is as high-profile as this, if there is not an answer for the American people [in] public, it severely undermines the confidence in our gun laws, as well as the ATF and the Department of Justice if there are not criminal consequences.

Source: https://www.dailywire.com/news/biden...be-any-crimes?
    PLEASE SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    268 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by The Admin View Post
    Biden ATF Nominee Promises To Give Hunter Biden Gun Background Check Form To Senate, Probe Any Crimes

David Chipman, a gun control advocate who is Democrat President Joe Bidenís nominee to be director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), told the U.S. Senate on Wednesday that if he is confirmed to the position, he will turn over records related to the purchase of a firearm by Joe Bidenís son, Hunter Biden.

The background check that Hunter Biden filled out in October 2018 to obtain a firearm is relevant because in order to obtain the firearm, Hunter Biden had to state that he was not addicted to any substances. However, in a recent book that he wrote, Hunter Biden admitted that at approximately the same time he obtained the firearm, he was addicted to drugs. Lying on an ATF Form 4473 is a felony that can carry a 10-year prison sentence with a $250,000 fine.

Chipman was questioned by Sen. Charles Grassley (R-IA) about providing records related to the incident:

GRASSLEY: Mr. Chipman, on March 25th, this year, Senator Johnson and I wrote to ATF asking for records relating to the October 2018 Hunter Biden firearm incident. In response to my letter, ATF has refused to provide any records, citing the Freedom of Information Act, which is totally irrelevant to ATFís responsibility to comply with legitimate congressional oversight requests. Congress isnít subject to FOIA restrictions and ATFís use of the law as a shield is incompetent. If confirmed, what steps will you take to produce records to this Committee relating to Hunter Bidenís October 2018 firearm incident?

CHIPMAN: Senator Grassley, thank you for asking me this question. If I am confirmed as ATF director, I will abide by all ATF policies and DOJ policies to ensure that you receive the records that you require.

Chipman was later pressed by Sen. Tom Cotton (R-AR) about whether Hunter Biden should be prosecuted and whether Chipman would pursue criminal charges against Hunter Biden:

COTTON: Mr. Chipman, you testified to Senator Lee that itís a serious felony to lie on a background check application. I agree. The ATF form 4473 asks, ĎAre you unlawful user of or addicted to any drug or uncontrolled substance?í If an applicant checks Ďyes,í they cannot purchase a firearm. On March 25, Politico reported that Hunter Biden, President Bidenís son, applied for a handgun that was later thrown in the trash and had to be recovered by Secret Service agents in 2018. Politico reported that Hunter Biden completed this background check and answered Ďnoí to the question of whether he was an unlawful user of or addicted to any drug. Hunter Biden has since published a book and gone on a nationwide book tour, conducting numerous interviews stating that he was in fact very much addicted to drugs at the same time that he purchased this firearm. This would mean that by his own admission, Hunter Biden lied on that form, and by your earlier testimony, committed a serious felony. Should Hunter Biden be prosecuted for breaking this law?

CHIPMAN: Senator, thank you for your question. If Iím confirmed as ATF director, it will be my responsibility to enforce all federal laws without political favor. I do not know any factors in this particular case, but I am familiar with the press account of it.

COTTON: Well, my understanding is the statute of limitation is only five years and that this happened in 2018. Mr. Biden is obligated to keep a record of that form for up to five years himself. So, this should be a fairly easy case to investigate. Can I get your commitment that if you are confirmed, you will, in fact, look into this matter and refer it for prosecution if you find that Hunter Biden violated the law?

CHIPMAN: Senator, what I will assure you is that if ATF director, I will ensure that all violations of law are investigated and referred. Iím not sure that it has not been investigated.

COTTON: Well, I hope it has and if the facts are as clear cut as they appear to be based on Mr. Bidenís own admission, I would expect to see criminal charges forthcoming. But I would say that when a case is as high-profile as this, if there is not an answer for the American people [in] public, it severely undermines the confidence in our gun laws, as well as the ATF and the Department of Justice if there are not criminal consequences.

I'm sure the American people are going to swallow this big heaping helping of horse shit, just like all the other political promises.

Twat Waffle Inspector

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,712 Posts
    Rep Points

Hunter Biden should be tarred n feathered ,as well as his daddy, and caged that way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    857 Posts
    Rep Points

What a waste of time. Everyone knows that the legal standards that apply to you and I don't apply to Washington elites. Even if it is sent to the Senate for "investigation," nothing will come of it.

Just for contrast, try to imagine how this would be treated by government agencies, the MSM, and the Senate if Donald Trump Jr. were involved instead of Hunter.

IM>ASF

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,731 Posts
    Rep Points

Board Rep
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by The Admin View Post

Read that again...he's not going to investigate shit....He straight up says "I don't know if it's been investigated or not" which means he has an out right there...he can send congress the docs but they can't prosecute unless the DOJ under Biden chooses to do so and we damn well know that isn't going to happen especially if it's "already been investigated" and not forwarded for prosecution.

Words and phrasing is everything to these people.

Watch or listen to the confirmation hearing. This is not a good person and considering he's straight up lying about what an "assault" rifle is etc and wants and has already advocated for the banning of all semi automatic rifles and very specifically the ar-15 he can fuck off.

He is trying to tell them an ar-15 is more lethal weapon than others...watch the confirmation before saying shit...

The .223/5.56 is a far less lethal round than many other semi automatic and I promise my bolt actions are far far more lethal than a toy gun (ar-15).

Yeah, I love screwing around with the ar-15 as it's fun to shoot a bb gun but nope nope nope....I'll take my M107A1, M82A1, MRAD Lapua .336 (also have the barrel for the 6.5 creedmore) or my Winchester .308winmag all day and have a field day if you want to talk about lethal weapons....I could go on and on about the .30-06, .30-30 and all the others I have.

How about my Mauser MG34 8mm belt fed pre ban? Deadly enough or do they just want to keep pushing the Overton window until all guns are illegal here.

The daily wire is decent but like most outlets these days it's just opinion and doesn't get to the actual heart of the matter...they are decent right now but basically just another fox news in the making...give em 10 years and it'll be no different than fox. Oh yeah, fuck all the MSM on both sides.

Guns matter to me so I've watched that hearing and if that jackass is the head of the ATF for any length of time it is not a good thing for us as Americans.

I watch/listen to all of this as background to my daily routine and no one seems to be paying attention to the way they phrase things or specific words used that can be twisted down the road to mean something different due to context being left out etc.

This guy is bad bad bad and if you think I'm overstating it then watch that Senate confirmation yourself and tell me what you actually think after watching the way he answers and how he looks while answering things.

It's a shit show is what it is I'll tell you that.

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,313 Posts
    Rep Points

Only a fool believes it when the "nominee" says they are going to "investigate"

Kinda how Comey "investigated" Hillary and then they determined the entire department aided and abetted Hillary and then the fools and the MSM parrot that she was "cleared" of any wrong doing.

I'm ready to see Justice.

I do think it's coming though. Just not from anyone in the Biden admin.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,631 Posts
    Rep Points

For fuckís sake, Hillary was found to have done just about everything she was accused of concerning INTENTIONAL mishandling of Classified material, most alarmingly Top Secret and SAP(!) stuff yet she was not only not prosecuted, the director of the FBI said nothing was prosecutable.

Now this may not seem like a big deal to the average guy but EVERY person who has ever had those Personnel Clearances let alone have had actual access, know how heavy shit this stuff is.

As was previously stated, the elite donít get prosecuted.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    268 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by CoachCabo View Post
    For fuckís sake, Hillary was found to have done just about everything she was accused of concerning INTENTIONAL mishandling of Classified material, most alarmingly Top Secret and SAP(!) stuff yet she was not only not prosecuted, the director of the FBI said nothing was prosecutable.

Now this may not seem like a big deal to the average guy but EVERY person who has ever had those Personnel Clearances let alone have had actual access, know how heavy shit this stuff is.

As was previously stated, the elite donít get prosecuted.
    And the thing that most conservative voters don't seem to realize is, it's BOTH PARTIES..
    Republican and Democrat.
    There's only a small minority of truly "Constitutional Republic" minded representatives in DC.