• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

More pin related stuff

MonsterMaker

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Is it normal for bad PIP to be accompanied by hard/tight, hot to the touch, and slightly swollen skin at and around injection site? Had the worst case of it from Monday’s injection and had (still do to some extent) all of the aforementioned symptoms. Bad enough to affect my day to day stuff like walking and squatting down to pick something up. Really just want to know if those symptoms are normal or not.

Also today I decided to give my thighs and glutes a break and tried the delt. Got the needle about 1/4” in and my muscles started visibly twitching and did not stop until I said screw this and withdrew the needle and just ended up sticking my glute anyways. Wondering if that’s a nerve or something...

Sounds like you hit a nerve
Did you get a trigger point knot

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Is it the same gear you have been using with no pip or always pip with this gear? What are you pinning and how often?

Over the past 10 years I have had two batches give me crippling pip. One was Olympus that I ended up with an infection. The other was just a bad brew with too much BA.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Is it the same gear you have been using with no pip or always pip with this gear? What are you pinning and how often?

Over the past 10 years I have had two batches give me crippling pip. One was Olympus that I ended up with an infection. The other was just a bad brew with too much BA.

I had some of that shit from Olympus way back. I called it Super PIP 5000

Is it normal for bad PIP to be accompanied by hard/tight, hot to the touch, and slightly swollen skin at and around injection site? Had the worst case of it from Monday’s injection and had (still do to some extent) all of the aforementioned symptoms. Bad enough to affect my day to day stuff like walking and squatting down to pick something up. Really just want to know if those symptoms are normal or not.

Also today I decided to give my thighs and glutes a break and tried the delt. Got the needle about 1/4” in and my muscles started visibly twitching and did not stop until I said screw this and withdrew the needle and just ended up sticking my glute anyways. Wondering if that’s a nerve or something...

Bro from my experience you can just have a bad pin; however, if that shit is consistently giving you PIP you need to trash it and get different gear. Good gear doesn't give you much PIP.

The delt you probably hit a nerve. Normal

The red, swollen, and warm isn't, unless you're pinning high mg gear. It's either a reaction to so much solvent or an infection, imo

What are you pinning?

Lips hit or miss 1/2 bad pip other half basically can’t even tell I pinned

Bro from my experience you can just have a bad pin; however, if that shit is consistently giving you PIP you need to trash it and get different gear. Good gear doesn't give you much PIP.

Before I switched to my UGL vial I was using RX cyp and I still was getting pip just as bad the first two injections. Maybes it’s just bad technique and or virgin muscles?

The delt you probably hit a nerve. Normal

The red, swollen, and warm isn't, unless you're pinning high mg gear. It's either a reaction to so much solvent or an infection, imo

What are you pinning?

I’m doing 1ml of the 250 cyp. Like I’ve said though I have had one or two injections that were painless. I think today’s actually went smooth. Won’t know for sure until tomorrow but I can usually tell right away if it’s gonna hurt like a mofo tomorrow within the first hour or two of pinning.

I’m doing 1ml of the 250 cyp. Like I’ve said though I have had one or two injections that were painless. I think today’s actually went smooth. Won’t know for sure until tomorrow but I can usually tell right away if it’s gonna hurt like a mofo tomorrow within the first hour or two of pinning.
You could always try going to a slin and pinning. I go through times where i only use slins and pin daily. I always use a hairdryer to warm the oil a little. Much easier to draw.

IML Gear Cream!
You could always try going to a slin and pinning. I go through times where i only use slins and pin daily. I always use a hairdryer to warm the oil a little. Much easier to draw.

An insulin syringe? What gauge needle

An insulin syringe? What gauge needle
29g 1/2s works good for me pinning .5ml.
I feel nothing and pin pectoral and lats this way too. There is a slight little bump from the oil under the skin but is gone in a hour for me. Just make sure you pin sub q and not too shallow between the dermal layers. That stings a little for me if I go to shallow.

Worth a shot if you don't like it nothing lost but a few dollars for the slins.

Also I should mention: this morning while pinning my glute, after the failed delt, and about half way through, I noticed the needle wasn’t on tight and was leaking. Instead of trying to twist it tight while in my glute I pulled it out and did the remaining half cc in my quad.

That was maybe 4 hours ago and my quad is acting up. Feels hot and a bit sore. My glute is A-ok.... so I don’t know what the hell im doing wrong but it’s usually my quads that get the PIP

Try a 27g pin ... twitching and a bit of pain is normal (I always twitch in my bis and chest) ... you are sticking a sharp object and foreign substance that's essentially bypassing the bodies protective processes, hence the need to be sanitary. Some folks cannot do quads, others can. Delts, Lats, VGs, and Glutes are the easiest and less prone to issues. The more you do it, the more you learn what works for you.

Try a 27g pin ... twitching and a bit of pain is normal (I always twitch in my bis and chest) ... you are sticking a sharp object and foreign substance that's essentially bypassing the bodies protective processes, hence the need to be sanitary. Some folks cannot do quads, others can. Delts, Lats, VGs, and Glutes are the easiest and less prone to issues. The more you do it, the more you learn what works for you.

Ya I think that might not be a bad idea. All I have right now is 23G needles. Can anyone just go up to the Walmart pharmacy and ask for them or should I bring my prescription or just order them?

You need to be as clean as possible when pinning. Clean the rubber stopper before drawing. Then change the needle out without letting contaminants get into the syringe and then pin a clean area.

I hope you're already doing that

Last edited:
You need to be as clean as possible when pinning. Clean the rubber stopper before drawing. Then change the needle out without letting contaminants get into the syringe and then pin a clean area.

I hope you're already doing that

I am. The syringes I have come with a needle so I use that to draw then put on a brand new needle so it’s not dull. I get the top best I can but the ugl tops have those metal tabs that make it a little tricky to clean with a prep pad, but I’m very sterile about the whole process, just as sterile as a medical professional would be at a clinic. After all my dr sent me home with self injections for trt... following everything to a T, except the dosage LOL.

I really don’t think it has anything to do with bacteria or anything entering but I obviously can’t be certain. I might just have to stop pinning quads and attempt my delts again on Monday.

Last edited:
I’ve got one more question, is it a bad idea to hit the same glute every week? (2x weekly injections) in the event that I can’t find another comfortable muscle to hit...

Back