• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Shoes for leg day

SiliconeSack

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I have been using general training shoes from Dicks for lifting for ever. Is there a better shoe to wear for leg day specifically if doing squats?

I have a few friends that go barefoot but i never fell comfortable when trying it. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like a powerlifting or olympic lifting shoe. I have the adidas but there are many out there that have the solid sole and a bit of a heel wedge. I wear it all the time but it's really for squats and deadlifts.

I love wearing Otomix during legs. Really comfortable and feels like your barefoot

Chucks or High top Reeboks with a hard flat bottom

I squat better in shoes that are made for squatting. Right now I use and like Do-Win Classic lifter. It has a stacked (0.75 inch) heel and two cross straps for stability. These would not be great for deadlifting -- I use deadlifting slippers with straps for those.

Get the nike metcons.. you probably have to order them I could not find them in a normal shoe store like finish line or foot locker. but they have a very stable base and come with heal inserts if you want to use them. I would not run in them though they are to clunky. I used to just lift in running shoes and these made a huge difference in stability.

https://www.nike.com/t/metcon-6-training-shoe-mv1qKX/CK9388-002

Get the nike metcons.. you probably have to order them I could not find them in a normal shoe store like finish line or foot locker. but they have a very stable base and come with heal inserts if you want to use them. I would not run in them though they are to clunky. I used to just lift in running shoes and these made a huge difference in stability.

https://www.nike.com/t/metcon-6-training-shoe-mv1qKX/CK9388-002

I have the Nike Metcon Sport. Not super expensive or heavy, but still a decent lifting shoe. Pretty comfortable too.

Thanks guys, much appreciated.

I have always used hi top Chucks. Not much cushion and the bottoms are really flat.

Either converse or nobull. I like both a lot

I almost went with the Asics wrestling shoes hoping just putting them would make my quads grow like Nasty-Bam. But came across a Converse outlet store this weekend in Boston and grabbed some chucks.

Thanks for the help guys.

I have lifting shoes but I also like my reebok crossfit nanos

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Stilettos
Nothing beat hot legs in 5" stilettos

I need to go to your gym. If anyone can lift in heels that's a new level of hard-mode. Just think of the pounds per square inch on the heel of that stiletto while squatting 4 plates a side -- You'd punch through concrete!

I wear vans for most lifting and just change shoes for cardio. Keeps my feet flat and grounded and prevents my cardio shoes from wearing out so fast

I need to go to your gym. If anyone can lift in heels that's a new level of hard-mode. Just think of the pounds per square inch on the heel of that stiletto while squatting 4 plates a side -- You'd punch through concrete!

Depends on how you look at it...Nowdays

Do you know what the water in the pool taste like after the old ladies do their water aerobics??m

Depends

Definitely the way to go man. I burned $100 on Adidas lifting shoes and always find myself back in the chucks

Back