Was Never A Fan Of John Lennon or Yoko Ono.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    856 Posts
    Rep Points

Was Never A Fan Of John Lennon or Yoko Ono.....

but it seems from this writing that their son has his heart in the right place. Reposted from twitter....

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1...482184195.html

Sean Ono Lennon

When I was young ppl used to say racist shit about Asians around me all the time and then be like ‘Oh sorry! But you’re not reeeally Asian so…’ and I think they sincerely thought that would make me feel better. I’m not exactly sure why I brought that up but I think…

…it’s because I want to say that I grew up in a time when there was zero political correctness. I literally saw political correctness being invented right in front of me (at certain schools) and then distributed and eventually enforced as a mindset and ideology. I want to say..

…that one might have imagined at the time that the politically correct mindset and resulting implementation and enforcement would lead to a better society in which cultures and peoples were more integrated and more mutually understanding.

But it is often the case that seemingly obvious solutions fail and even make matters worse—I often think about the terrible track record we have in science of artificially modifying an ecosystem in order to ‘re-balance’ a problem we created but ultimately wind up making things…

…worse by creating bigger unforeseen problems. ‘The road to hell is paved w good intentions.’ We’ve been trying this kind of morality policing for awhile now & I would posit things are arguably getting worse. Race relations seem to be in the middle of a ‘two steps back’ moment.

I say this not only because it seems clear from news events and statistics that race relations in this country are particularly terrible, but also because my DMs have never been more filled with bizarre WWII era bullshit (like chink and jap, or whatever).

I am very sad that I feel like I have to say the following but here goes: Asians are not the problem. Blacks are not the problem. Jews are not the problem. And yes, Whites are not the problem either. No race or culture is ‘the problem.’

I have lived in many cities and countries and I can say from experience that there is an EQUAL distribution of shitty ppl and good ppl in EVERY human population. Most are good, some aren’t great, and a very small number are clinical sociopaths you absolutely need to avoid.

When I grew up New York truly felt like a melting pot. It wasn’t perfect, but ppl did not self segregate along tribal lines to the degree that I am seeing today. There is something wrong with the strategy and direction we have chosen, in academia, in politics, and elsewhere.

It’s not working. And to be clear I am not blaming all of the bad things we are seeing in culture today on political correctness. Yes we inherited a problematic history (yada yada) and I think PC culture has achieved some good and some progress for society.

I am simply saying we should check our strategy if we are not getting the results we intended. I don’t know what the solution is, but I suspect that over sensitizing ppl to arbitrary characteristics like skin colour may be doing more harm than good.

I know very well that the idea of being ‘colour blind’ is out of fashion, that MLK’s vision of character over skin colour is considered to be naive. But that vision surely made our society better. I’m not sure the modern vision of ‘race consciousness’ is making things better.

Someone smarter than me told me about the idea of ‘the least interesting, interesting thing.’ We humans tend to be pre occupied with the least interesting interesting thing. When you get to know someone, their race, or where they were born, very quickly becomes less…

…interesting than what they think, and—to use a cliché—who they really are on the inside. Their arbitrary birth status may be interesting at first but is ultimately the LEAST interesting, interesting thing about them. That is always true.

If you are still reading this, congratulations, you have an attention span, (please give me some). I don’t often talk about race, especially my own, because I feel attention is like water in a garden: whatever you give it to will grow.

I pray this thread does not ignite some kind of melt down (if it does I’ll just delete because I have no more energy for that kind of thing atm).
    Okay that’s it. Peace and Love to all. I mean it.

And one more thing…just remember who benefits from the ‘divide and conquer’ paradigm. It ain’t us that’s for sure.

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,818 Posts
    Rep Points

I grew up hearing the Beatles and John Lennon as my parents were huge fans. We had every record back then.

I never used to like it but I've grown to appreciate and love the music and it brings me good memories.

They/Them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    694 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Necron_99 View Post
    but it seems from this writing that their son has his heart in the right place. Reposted from twitter....

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1...482184195.html

Sean Ono Lennon

When I was young ppl used to say racist shit about Asians around me all the time and then be like ‘Oh sorry! But you’re not reeeally Asian so…’ and I think they sincerely thought that would make me feel better. I’m not exactly sure why I brought that up but I think…

…it’s because I want to say that I grew up in a time when there was zero political correctness. I literally saw political correctness being invented right in front of me (at certain schools) and then distributed and eventually enforced as a mindset and ideology. I want to say..

…that one might have imagined at the time that the politically correct mindset and resulting implementation and enforcement would lead to a better society in which cultures and peoples were more integrated and more mutually understanding.

But it is often the case that seemingly obvious solutions fail and even make matters worse—I often think about the terrible track record we have in science of artificially modifying an ecosystem in order to ‘re-balance’ a problem we created but ultimately wind up making things…

…worse by creating bigger unforeseen problems. ‘The road to hell is paved w good intentions.’ We’ve been trying this kind of morality policing for awhile now & I would posit things are arguably getting worse. Race relations seem to be in the middle of a ‘two steps back’ moment.

I say this not only because it seems clear from news events and statistics that race relations in this country are particularly terrible, but also because my DMs have never been more filled with bizarre WWII era bullshit (like chink and jap, or whatever).

I am very sad that I feel like I have to say the following but here goes: Asians are not the problem. Blacks are not the problem. Jews are not the problem. And yes, Whites are not the problem either. No race or culture is ‘the problem.’

I have lived in many cities and countries and I can say from experience that there is an EQUAL distribution of shitty ppl and good ppl in EVERY human population. Most are good, some aren’t great, and a very small number are clinical sociopaths you absolutely need to avoid.

When I grew up New York truly felt like a melting pot. It wasn’t perfect, but ppl did not self segregate along tribal lines to the degree that I am seeing today. There is something wrong with the strategy and direction we have chosen, in academia, in politics, and elsewhere.

It’s not working. And to be clear I am not blaming all of the bad things we are seeing in culture today on political correctness. Yes we inherited a problematic history (yada yada) and I think PC culture has achieved some good and some progress for society.

I am simply saying we should check our strategy if we are not getting the results we intended. I don’t know what the solution is, but I suspect that over sensitizing ppl to arbitrary characteristics like skin colour may be doing more harm than good.

I know very well that the idea of being ‘colour blind’ is out of fashion, that MLK’s vision of character over skin colour is considered to be naive. But that vision surely made our society better. I’m not sure the modern vision of ‘race consciousness’ is making things better.

Someone smarter than me told me about the idea of ‘the least interesting, interesting thing.’ We humans tend to be pre occupied with the least interesting interesting thing. When you get to know someone, their race, or where they were born, very quickly becomes less…

…interesting than what they think, and—to use a cliché—who they really are on the inside. Their arbitrary birth status may be interesting at first but is ultimately the LEAST interesting, interesting thing about them. That is always true.

If you are still reading this, congratulations, you have an attention span, (please give me some). I don’t often talk about race, especially my own, because I feel attention is like water in a garden: whatever you give it to will grow.

I pray this thread does not ignite some kind of melt down (if it does I’ll just delete because I have no more energy for that kind of thing atm).
    Okay that’s it. Peace and Love to all. I mean it.

And one more thing…just remember who benefits from the ‘divide and conquer’ paradigm. It ain’t us that’s for sure.
    What’s this zipper head know about shit!?

Lol just kidding, his “bizarre WWII era bullshit” had me chuckling.

Thanks for sharing. I honestly believe that we’ll always have our problems but more and more people are going to start pushing back on this PC, woke, cancel culture bullshit.

Board Rep
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by GYMnTONIC View Post
    I grew up hearing the Beatles and John Lennon as my parents were huge fans. We had every record back then.

I never used to like it but I've grown to appreciate and love the music and it brings me good memories.
    I have a similar story. And I am glad that I grew up on good music, thanks to my parents. The Beatles weren't my favorite band, but their cultural contribution cannot be overestimated.

We provide DOMESTIC shipping within USA
    Drugsgear.com
    contact me Dgear@protonmail.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    856 Posts
    Rep Points

I've always believed that the most significant part of the Beatles phenomenal success was timing. The world was starving for a new kind of music and the Beatles gave it to them. Their music is okay and a few songs are really good, but most are just, ........meh.

Twat Waffle Inspector

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,418 Posts
    Rep Points

Love the Beatles music.

not a big fan of the communist mindset of Lennon. John Lennon had some problems and he was touted as a hero on his quest for “world peace” but if you look into the individual you will see (like most woketards) he was a hypocrite.

there’s a reason someone shot him. Just saying....

imagine ..... you won’t be seeing him in the after life lol

strawberry fields maybe.... but the strawberries are probably super warm.