• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Hunger while trying to eat maintenance

MonsterMaker

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Ok I was eating a maintenance intake of about 2800 (give or take a few hundred depending on work) calories a day, for about 3 weeks before starting my cycle. I meticulously weighed everything I ate and drank to come up with that number, in preparation for the cycle.

Now that I’ve started it I’m getting mixed signals from my body. I most certainly feel hungry most of the time. Nothing extreme but annoying, but my body is definitely telling me to eat more, but at the same time I’m seeing the numbers on the scale go up so that’s reassuring.

But I guess my question is: should readjust my intake a bit? My macros? I eat crazy clean lately. Mainly veggies and brown rice for carbs and chicken and fish for protein, avocado and almonds for fats (which I am conservative about). Maybe I should drop the protein a bit and get more fats in? Been averaging about 1.6 Gs/LB of protein. Not really sure what is going on to be honest. Before starting the cycle I was completely comfortable eating those 2800-3000 calories a day and I hadn’t lost any weight over the course of 3 weeks.

Last edited:
Have you considered it might be your gear making you hungry? Whats your cycle?

Have you considered it might be your gear making you hungry? Whats your cycle?

Ya I’m positive it’s the gear, I just can’t believe how bad it has stimulated my appetite. Yesterday I ate over 5000 calories and still felt hungry.

Did you change or add lifting time, days, or intensity to your routine. My Guess is that you are burning more calories now by getting motivated by the cycle and there for putting more effort in the gym.

How did you figure maintanance calories?

Have you tried TEDD.NET

My maintenance is around 3,200 and I am thirty years older than you.

Everyone is different. You might have a higher metabolic rate than average Joe so you might need to bump up calories.

Did you change or add lifting time, days, or intensity to your routine. My Guess is that you are burning more calories now by getting motivated by the cycle and there for putting more effort in the gym.

Yeah I went from a full body to a push pull split. Also go on the occasional (sometimes weekly) bike ride. But my job is also very physical.

I was coming off of a 6 month cut before this cycle so I think my metabolism was a little messed up and my hunger cues were off because I was so used to being hungry.

Between the recent increase in intensity at work and the gear I think I just highly underestimated my maintenance intake.

I’m gaining weight steadily now so I know I’m over it now but still generally hungry most of the time.

It's probably the gear combined with you coming off a cut. I would say try your best to stick to maintenance and I would assume things will stabilize in a few weeks

IML Gear Cream!
thanks for the hyper link, never knew of that one. good stuff

I would take that with a grain of salt. It calculated mine to be at 2700. My weight was at a stand still @3000 even with the gear. Once I started eating 3500+ a day I finally started gaining weight

Back