• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Slight deficit while bulking

MonsterMaker

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Is that a bad idea? I didn’t get quite as lean as I wanted to before starting my cycle and would like to try to loose 3-4% over the next 12 weeks if it wouldn’t hinder my gains too much.

It’s really up to you and your goals although technically you can’t be “bulking” if you’re in a deficit.

Personally I wouldn’t bulk this time of year. It’s almost June (shirt comes off at times) and I’d rather sacrifice a little strength to lose that 3-4% body fat.

You could harden up and put a little muscle on right now at a caloric maintenance and put lots of quality lbs of mass on once it cools down.

Just my 2 cents...

Eating in a deficit is not bulking lol..

The gear is going to increase nutrition partitioning.. so you can't do more with less, and can do even more with more.

I personally would still eat in a slight surplus, and you will probably lean out in the process.

This isn't rocket science.. try not to overthink it. Train hard, eat good, get some sleep.. and let your body work some magic.

You cant grow on deficit, if that was possible all enhanced athletes only take gear do extreme diet and get freaky , but is not possible without calories .

Eat more slow-titration(up or down) , log your food(cooked weight/kcals/etc), stick to your training plan. If you start to see an increases bf%; throw in more cardio or extend training.
You will figure out your body! I throw everything out the window as far as how I feel. Reason being when I blast: the first 2-3 weeks I get lethargic, tired (supps and my body), so I power through and it reverses...always. Same with dropping carbs sometimes: my body will rebel and hold weight(water or whatever), then it kicks in and starts acting like a well oiled machine! Being consistent is the most important and not deviating from your total plan! Small changes or additions are always acceptable! We all do a little instinct training/eating : I pay close attention to what my body tells me to do but, within reason. Good luck to you . Adding 100-200kcals won’t kill you ! Slow and steady ! Cheers

Max
#forlife

Even in a deficit IF YOU EAT ENOUGH PROTEIN you will grow. Provided you're taking even a modest amount of gear.

just do a mini cut first then start your bulking cycle

So many mixed opinions here. I think I’m just going to eat close to my maintenance as possible. Just grow my best and try to avoid putting in more fat but not necessarily try to loose any. Maybe I’ll just start cardio.... I really hate cardio man let me tell you.

So many mixed opinions here. I think I’m just going to eat close to my maintenance as possible. Just grow my best and try to avoid putting in more fat but not necessarily try to loose any. Maybe I’ll just start cardio.... I really hate cardio man let me tell you.
Lol not to be a dick but sounds like you should have been doing it already if you were trying to lose some fat .

Lol not to be a dick but sounds like you should have been doing it already if you were trying to lose some fat .

Do what already? Cardio? Cut? I’m not retarded I know how to loose weight. I spend 4 grueling months cutting, doing cardio 3X a week and eating a deficit to loose the belly I put on since having kids (priorities changes for a couple years and I admittedly got lazy).

I’m not fat by any measure. 13, 15% BF tops. I was just more than done cutting. Plus I was way to eager to start my cycle since getting my order...

IML Gear Cream!
54c57f80824116bd5db8b95a62878517.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is my unscientific personal observation - I generally try to keep weight off because I'll be 40 this summer. It's much easier for me to gain weight these days than to lose it - as a result I don't bulk anymore. I feel like I gain significantly on gear if I somewhat carb cycle. I'll eat under maintenance 3-4 days per week, then eat at or above maintenance the remaining days. I'll get big, not flabby, keep the physique I want. But it took me years to figure that out. Everyone's body is different so I feel like it's a matter of experimentation until you find what works for you to fit your goals.

Bulking in a deficit can be done thanks to the marvel of PEDs but damn it's hard to actually do. You need protein to build muscle and you also need calories for training to build the muscle but too many calories will get you fat, not enough and you won't grow. Everything needs to be dialed in pretty tight.

Growing on maintenance calories is even difficult. That's why most stick with the rotation of bulking and cutting cycles, or cutting during your cruise. It's easier to hit it hard in a surplus and your muscle growth is done under more optimal conditions.

Do whatever you need to do to make yourself happy at the moment, but plan it out better the next time. If you're competing, map out the year. If you're just doing it to look good during the summer then bulk in the fall and cut starting in the early spring.

Bulking in a deficit can be done thanks to the marvel of PEDs but damn it's hard to actually do. You need protein to build muscle and you also need calories for training to build the muscle but too many calories will get you fat, not enough and you won't grow. Everything needs to be dialed in pretty tight.

Growing on maintenance calories is even difficult. That's why most stick with the rotation of bulking and cutting cycles, or cutting during your cruise. It's easier to hit it hard in a surplus and your muscle growth is done under more optimal conditions.

Do whatever you need to do to make yourself happy at the moment, but plan it out better the next time. If you're competing, map out the year. If you're just doing it to look good during the summer then bulk in the fall and cut starting in the early spring.

Ya most definitely will have the next couple cycles timed out better so I can do a bulk and then have time to cut before it’s summertime.

Here’s something I got from Skip Hill.
Eat at maintenance for your lean body mass not your total weight. It’s a slow process but if you’re training hard and doing everything consistently then you’ll build muscle and lose fat at the same time. Basically a recomp but I hate that terms

Even in a deficit IF YOU EAT ENOUGH PROTEIN you will grow. Provided you're taking even a modest amount of gear.

Im eating 600gr protein right now , very low carbs and fats and using more than 2gr gear and losing weight every day . Can you prove how to gain muscle without enough calories ?

Im eating 600gr protein right now , very low carbs and fats and using more than 2gr gear and losing weight every day . Can you prove how to gain muscle without enough calories ?

Can i prove it? I've done it...

Eat more slow-titration(up or down) , log your food(cooked weight/kcals/etc), stick to your training plan. If you start to see an increases bf%; throw in more cardio or extend training.
You will figure out your body! I throw everything out the window as far as how I feel. Reason being when I blast: the first 2-3 weeks I get lethargic, tired (supps and my body), so I power through and it reverses...always. Same with dropping carbs sometimes: my body will rebel and hold weight(water or whatever), then it kicks in and starts acting like a well oiled machine! Being consistent is the most important and not deviating from your total plan! Small changes or additions are always acceptable! We all do a little instinct training/eating : I pay close attention to what my body tells me to do but, within reason. Good luck to you . Adding 100-200kcals won’t kill you ! Slow and steady ! Cheers

Max
#forlife

This right here. You have to make your adjustments with your macros, literally weigh everything out, and it has to be on point each time. Make your adjustments in either directions slowly. Feed yourself what you need, and keep the timbers burning. Your metabolism is going to let you know what's going on.

Eat leaner protein. 99% ground turkey, and get in your fasted cardio.
Don't worry about the drugs they are nothing but tools, your diet supported with cardio will be the game changer.

This right here. You have to make your adjustments with your macros, literally weigh everything out, and it has to be on point each time. Make your adjustments in either directions slowly. Feed yourself what you need, and keep the timbers burning. Your metabolism is going to let you know what's going on.

Eat leaner protein. 99% ground turkey, and get in your fasted cardio.
Don't worry about the drugs they are nothing but tools, your diet supported with cardio will be the game changer.

But Vision the idea here is to know if we can grow on caloric deficit. What do you think about this ? do you think if you have enough protein you grow even on deficit? do you think more gear on deficit build muscle? This question as been a huge debate by Fouad Abiad and Greg Doucett

But Vision the idea here is to know if we can grow on caloric deficit. What do you think about this ? do you think if you have enough protein you grow even on deficit? do you think more gear on deficit build muscle? This question as been a huge debate by Fouad Abiad and Greg Doucett

That’s exactly what I’m trying to ask in a simplified and more coherent sense, thank you!

Get Shredded!
That’s exactly what I’m trying to ask in a simplified and more coherent sense, thank you!

I really dont believe we can build muscle on caloric deficit . Only if never train or take gear before ( the beginning )

This is one of those topics where it will split the room.
I've personally been in a deficit and still made gains. But let's talk about these gains. These gains we're really lean tissue. For the obvious the scale did not move up, yet I was noticeably growing. It's an entire different type of growth when we're talking about bodybuilding. This wasn't something that I could sustain or do for long.
If individuals put in the work, they can make progress.but it won't be a bulk. Lean tissue that is all.
I like Greg BTW, he grows on ya..LOL

I really dont believe we can build muscle on caloric deficit . Only if never train or take gear before ( the beginning )

Aside from retaining fluid or altering the composition of your existing mass, it just doesn't really make any sense. If you burn more energy than you take in, then how can any mass be gained?

It seems like it would defy the laws of physics.

Aside from retaining fluid or altering the composition of your existing mass, it just doesn't really make any sense. If you burn more energy than you take in, then how can any mass be gained?

It seems like it would defy the laws of physics.

But when your body is in a deficit it’s using its body fat as energy to sustain itself, maybe it could use the same process to add mass... I really don’t know just thinking out loud.

I’m definitely not going to risk any gains for that chance though either way....

A gram of test, pre training slin and gh will grow you in a deficit. In not talking a 1000 calorie deficit. But it'll work.
Its kinda in line with what vision said, it is growth its not super dramatic but it can be done.

Back