• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

After Yrs and Decades of Cycling..What Would You Have Done Different???

IML Gear Cream!
This has got to be my favorite forum so far. Good to learn from experienced warriors with the scars to learn from.

Thanks guys for sharing. Until I started supplementing with Cyp, I wasn't "truly" living.

Other than a few surgeries and a Divorce. "Caused by gear"...

I wouldn't change a friggin thing. Honestly
I love what I do. I get paid for doing what I love to do.
If I make it to 65, I'll die a happy man.

Great posts… I completely agree with the barbell statement… I attribute the barbell to a few of my injuries and really get more from dbl and machines. The number one abused aspect of training is nutrition imo. I didn’t pay much attention to nutrition yet worked my ass off in the gym for almost 25 years. About 2-3 years ago I decided to wake up and in my early 50’s have made better gains then ever before. I missed out.

I would have pulled out 3x so I can spend all my time on here and more gears. Now I'm stuck working 60-80 hours weekly, gym three times a week on a good week and massive amounts of child support. I should of stuck to trannys and tren but Nooooo I had to be dumb.

Definitely having a blast now. I’ve learned a shit load here. If i could have started 30 years ago, man I’d have a lot to show

Looking back, the biggest thing I would change would have been the belief that more is better. That is simply not the case, whether it was the gear or the training. And as a few have stated, no barbells. I have been blessed to not have issues but I know the results would have been better had a followed a different protocol. We lived a lot on bro science back then and information was not as prevalent as it is today. Even though today you have to weed through all the bullshit.

That most people who give advice on what and how much to run have no idea what the hell they are talking about. Don't take what someone says as fact, rather than take that information and research it ad nauseum finding out what works on yourself through bloodwork, bodycomp, gym performance, etc.

Get Shredded!
You can definitely go heavy in some cases without killing yourself. Id say maybe for me moderate to light heavy abs wayyyy more intensity early on. Most young guys don't have a clue what intensity means.
Young guy here - What is YOUR clue on intensity?

I'll share mine 3 sets 5 reps @ 85-90 1RPM for Squat, DL, Bench, OHP as 2nd exercise for day. I take 1 minute rests with my gym partner. I train the muscle until the actual form is too weakened to continue

Looking back, the biggest thing I would change would have been the belief that more is better. That is simply not the case, whether it was the gear or the training. And as a few have stated, no barbells. I have been blessed to not have issues but I know the results would have been better had a followed a different protocol. We lived a lot on bro science back then and information was not as prevalent as it is today. Even though today you have to weed through all the bullshit.
Holy shit, are dumbbells really that superior?? I'm gonna try it now.

Holy shit, are dumbbells really that superior?? I'm gonna try it now.
Don't know if I would necessarily say that they are far superior but easier on the shoulders. I feel better isolation, better pumps and a whole lot less pain. Everything has a place and now I know a time. As we get older hopefully we get a little wiser.

Don't know if I would necessarily say that they are far superior but easier on the shoulders. I feel better isolation, better pumps and a whole lot less pain. Everything has a place and now I know a time. As we get older hopefully we get a little wiser.
forget my ego, I’m exercising for sports performance. I’ll definitely take a page out of ur wisdoms and apply it

Gonna use DB & Machines on legs today

I would have waited to start cycling until later in life. I started at 20 and truly regret it

I also regret doing 2 dirty bulks since I was very thin. I basically got fat and it took awhile to get to where I wanted to be

I never competed, so I probably would skip gear entirely. I'll get on a low dose of TRT after I start a family, but I'll never do a serious cycle ever again. After I quit cruising, my anxiety and aggression were noticeably lower. I'm trying to live a peaceful life, and that's not to say you can't when you are on gear, but for me it made it more difficult.

Back