Some ?ís about pinning

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    321 Posts
    Rep Points

Some ?ís about pinning

Iím 4 shots deep into my cycle and so far all Iíve used is my thighs. I want to incorporate my gluteals and possibly my delts. Main thing stopping me is fear Iíll hit my sciatic nerve in my glute and unsure whether or not my delts are developed enough to stick a needle one inch deep. Iím not scrawny or anything 5í10Ē 165 lbs with a fairly lean physique. Iíve just got this fear of hitting a nerve or a bone....

So is that even possible in the delts? Is it ok to go a full inch into the delt? Also how easy is it to hit the sciatic nerve when doing glute pins? I know it comes down to technique and if technique is right it shouldnít happen at all but how often does it actually happen, like to you guys?

ASF MVP
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10,299 Posts
    Rep Points

25ga x 1" is good for all those areas. You'll be fine. I've watched them giving covid vaccinations with 1.5" harpoons to everyone waiting in line. You've got enough delts for it.

If you're pinning glutes yourself, you'll have a hard time stretching enough to hit your sciatic. Just stay in the upper/outer quarter of your butt cheek (and typically just below your waistband).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    329 Posts
    Rep Points

This is a great website for pinning/spot injection references:
    https://www.spotinjections.com/index3.htm
    Current Cycle: TRT+ (Test-Cypionate 200mg/week | Mast-E 200mg/week)
    Recommended Sponsors: Jpal | PSL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,062 Posts
    Rep Points

Use a 1" for glutes and delts and you'll be fine. Check out the spotinjections site to see the proper placement.

You are most likely fairly thin at 165 on 5'10", but the delts are a lot thicker than you realize. Pretty much all doctors offices use 1" for vaccinations in the delts on regular people, so since you've been lifting a while I guarantee yours are thicker than most people's. You'd be surprised...I used to use 1.5" pins for my delts and it worked great. I'm not a real big guy either, and I wasnt as big back then as I am now

Super Fuckin User

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    336 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by GarlicChicken View Post
    Use a 1" for glutes and delts and you'll be fine. Check out the spotinjections site to see the proper placement.

You are most likely fairly thin at 165 on 5'10", but the delts are a lot thicker than you realize. Pretty much all doctors offices use 1" for vaccinations in the delts on regular people, so since you've been lifting a while I guarantee yours are thicker than most people's. You'd be surprised...I used to use 1.5" pins for my delts and it worked great. I'm not a real big guy either, and I wasnt as big back then as I am now
    Before I knew shit and was just doing the damn thing as a youngster, my trainer used and therefore I did 1.5" (always) and like 18-20 gauge. I didn't know any better and I never hit a nerve
    Ready On Deck

Super Fuckin User

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    336 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterMaker View Post
    Iím 4 shots deep into my cycle and so far all Iíve used is my thighs. I want to incorporate my gluteals and possibly my delts. Main thing stopping me is fear Iíll hit my sciatic nerve in my glute and unsure whether or not my delts are developed enough to stick a needle one inch deep. Iím not scrawny or anything 5í10Ē 165 lbs with a fairly lean physique. Iíve just got this fear of hitting a nerve or a bone....

So is that even possible in the delts? Is it ok to go a full inch into the delt? Also how easy is it to hit the sciatic nerve when doing glute pins? I know it comes down to technique and if technique is right it shouldnít happen at all but how often does it actually happen, like to you guys?
    If youre restricting your injection site options to only glutes and delts than you're probably better off running longer esters.

Delts can be injected from a few different angles if you're worried about pin length.

I'd also say the quads are fair game is you have a high pin frequency. I've pinned triceps-- not awful. I'd suggest not trying calves, biceps, or pecs until you're familiar with your goals, chemicals, and all facets of pinning those areas.

I've never hit my sciatic nerve. I've hit veins and small nerves that may cause a muscle twitch, but nothing like sciatica.
    Ready On Deck

Amatuer Gynecologist

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    255 Posts
    Rep Points

I've always preferred to pin my delts - either front or towards the rear delt. Painless and 1 inch pins works perfect.
    Sent from an outer space sea lab....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    210 Posts
    Rep Points

Z track injection

This injection procedure reduces product leaking and squirters:
    https://www.healthline.com/health/z-track-injection

When a medication is injected directly into muscle, it is called an intramuscular injection (IM). The Z-track method is a type of IM injection technique used to prevent tracking (leakage) of the medication into the subcutaneous tissue (underneath the skin).
    During the procedure, skin and tissue are pulled and held firmly while a long needle is inserted into the muscle. After the medication is injected, the skin and tissue are released. When you insert a needle into the tissues, it leaves a very small hole, or track. Small amounts of medication can sometimes leak backwards through this track and be absorbed into other tissues. Pulling the skin and tissue before the injection causes the needle track to take the shape of the letter ďZ,Ē which gives the procedure its name. This zigzag track line is what prevents medication from leaking from the muscle into surrounding tissue.
    The procedure is usually administered by a nurse or doctor. In some cases, you may be instructed how to perform Z-track injections on yourself at home. You may also need the help of a caregiver, friend or family member to administer the injection.
    Side effects can include swelling and injection discomfort. However, Z-track injection is usually less painful than a traditional IM injection.
    Last edited by Sem; 05-17-2021 at 07:18 PM.
    You can't strengthen the weak by weakening the strong

Board Rep
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    510 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Sponx View Post
    This right here...this site made me feel comfortable about pinning everywhere. At my age, you need all the areas you can use.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    CLICK HERE TO SEE FULL PRICE LIST
    If you have any questions please dont hesitate to e-mail me at: US-DS@protonmail.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    321 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Sponx View Post
    That was exactly what I needed, thanks.

Ya my dr was telling me to draw with an 18g and pin with a 23. Since reading another thread, Iíve realized that the 18 is a nogo....

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,260 Posts
    Rep Points

25g 1" is fine for everywhere. BD is sharp, sharp is very important, sometimes you'll get a whole box of dull needles with off brands and closeouts.
    IRONLION LABS
    Quality HGH, Raws and Peptides
    Wickr: ironlionlabs

Click here**PLEASE READ THE RULES**

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    321 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by REHH View Post
    25g 1" is fine for everywhere. BD is sharp, sharp is very important, sometimes you'll get a whole box of dull needles with off brands and closeouts.
    Any reason why I canít get by with the 23s I have? They donít seem to bother me so I guess my only concern is destroying my vial...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Rep Points

Any reason why I canít get by with the 23s I have? They donít seem to bother me so I guess my only concern is destroying my vial...
    If youíre worried about the the vial and Iím assuming the rubber top. Use a draw needle you leave it in the vial and attach your pin to it. You can also get the cap to keep it sterile between pins. A draw needle will pull cold syrup into a pin!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,028 Posts
    Rep Points

Quads are one of the hardest spots. If you could do there you can do anywhere. 25g 1 inch, no more than 1cc of oil on first try in that area. Upper outer for glutes and right into side delt for shoulders. You wont hit a bone. Good luck bro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    210 Posts
    Rep Points

Nothing wrong with 23 gage its just old school. Todays UGL oils are less viscous than RX Test, so flow easily thru a smaller gage. I inject Winstrol, for instance in my Quads (almost no body fat) with either a 25 gage 1" for 4CCs of mixed oils or a 27 gage 5/8" 1 cc for Wnstrol oil. Flows like silk.
    You can't strengthen the weak by weakening the strong