• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Some ?’s about pinning

MonsterMaker

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I’m 4 shots deep into my cycle and so far all I’ve used is my thighs. I want to incorporate my gluteals and possibly my delts. Main thing stopping me is fear I’ll hit my sciatic nerve in my glute and unsure whether or not my delts are developed enough to stick a needle one inch deep. I’m not scrawny or anything 5’10” 165 lbs with a fairly lean physique. I’ve just got this fear of hitting a nerve or a bone....

So is that even possible in the delts? Is it ok to go a full inch into the delt? Also how easy is it to hit the sciatic nerve when doing glute pins? I know it comes down to technique and if technique is right it shouldn’t happen at all but how often does it actually happen, like to you guys?

25ga x 1" is good for all those areas. You'll be fine. I've watched them giving covid vaccinations with 1.5" harpoons to everyone waiting in line. You've got enough delts for it.

If you're pinning glutes yourself, you'll have a hard time stretching enough to hit your sciatic. Just stay in the upper/outer quarter of your butt cheek (and typically just below your waistband).

Sciatica%20causes%20piriformis%20syndrome.jpg

Use a 1" for glutes and delts and you'll be fine. Check out the spotinjections site to see the proper placement.

You are most likely fairly thin at 165 on 5'10", but the delts are a lot thicker than you realize. Pretty much all doctors offices use 1" for vaccinations in the delts on regular people, so since you've been lifting a while I guarantee yours are thicker than most people's. You'd be surprised...I used to use 1.5" pins for my delts and it worked great. I'm not a real big guy either, and I wasnt as big back then as I am now

Use a 1" for glutes and delts and you'll be fine. Check out the spotinjections site to see the proper placement.

You are most likely fairly thin at 165 on 5'10", but the delts are a lot thicker than you realize. Pretty much all doctors offices use 1" for vaccinations in the delts on regular people, so since you've been lifting a while I guarantee yours are thicker than most people's. You'd be surprised...I used to use 1.5" pins for my delts and it worked great. I'm not a real big guy either, and I wasnt as big back then as I am now

Before I knew shit and was just doing the damn thing as a youngster, my trainer used and therefore I did 1.5" (always) and like 18-20 gauge. I didn't know any better and I never hit a nerve

I’m 4 shots deep into my cycle and so far all I’ve used is my thighs. I want to incorporate my gluteals and possibly my delts. Main thing stopping me is fear I’ll hit my sciatic nerve in my glute and unsure whether or not my delts are developed enough to stick a needle one inch deep. I’m not scrawny or anything 5’10” 165 lbs with a fairly lean physique. I’ve just got this fear of hitting a nerve or a bone....

So is that even possible in the delts? Is it ok to go a full inch into the delt? Also how easy is it to hit the sciatic nerve when doing glute pins? I know it comes down to technique and if technique is right it shouldn’t happen at all but how often does it actually happen, like to you guys?

If youre restricting your injection site options to only glutes and delts than you're probably better off running longer esters.

Delts can be injected from a few different angles if you're worried about pin length.

I'd also say the quads are fair game is you have a high pin frequency. I've pinned triceps-- not awful. I'd suggest not trying calves, biceps, or pecs until you're familiar with your goals, chemicals, and all facets of pinning those areas.

I've never hit my sciatic nerve. I've hit veins and small nerves that may cause a muscle twitch, but nothing like sciatica.

I've always preferred to pin my delts - either front or towards the rear delt. Painless and 1 inch pins works perfect.

Z track injection

This injection procedure reduces product leaking and squirters:
https://www.healthline.com/health/z-track-injection

When a medication is injected directly into muscle, it is called an intramuscular injection (IM). The Z-track method is a type of IM injection technique used to prevent tracking (leakage) of the medication into the subcutaneous tissue (underneath the skin).
During the procedure, skin and tissue are pulled and held firmly while a long needle is inserted into the muscle. After the medication is injected, the skin and tissue are released. When you insert a needle into the tissues, it leaves a very small hole, or track. Small amounts of medication can sometimes leak backwards through this track and be absorbed into other tissues. Pulling the skin and tissue before the injection causes the needle track to take the shape of the letter “Z,” which gives the procedure its name. This zigzag track line is what prevents medication from leaking from the muscle into surrounding tissue.
The procedure is usually administered by a nurse or doctor. In some cases, you may be instructed how to perform Z-track injections on yourself at home. You may also need the help of a caregiver, friend or family member to administer the injection.
Side effects can include swelling and injection discomfort. However, Z-track injection is usually less painful than a traditional IM injection.

Last edited:
25g 1" is fine for everywhere. BD is sharp, sharp is very important, sometimes you'll get a whole box of dull needles with off brands and closeouts.

Any reason why I can’t get by with the 23s I have? They don’t seem to bother me so I guess my only concern is destroying my vial...

Any reason why I can’t get by with the 23s I have? They don’t seem to bother me so I guess my only concern is destroying my vial...

If you’re worried about the the vial and I’m assuming the rubber top. Use a draw needle you leave it in the vial and attach your pin to it. You can also get the cap to keep it sterile between pins. A draw needle will pull cold syrup into a pin!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quads are one of the hardest spots. If you could do there you can do anywhere. 25g 1 inch, no more than 1cc of oil on first try in that area. Upper outer for glutes and right into side delt for shoulders. You wont hit a bone. Good luck bro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing wrong with 23 gage its just old school. Todays UGL oils are less viscous than RX Test, so flow easily thru a smaller gage. I inject Winstrol, for instance in my Quads (almost no body fat) with either a 25 gage 1" for 4CCs of mixed oils or a 27 gage 5/8" 1 cc for Wnstrol oil. Flows like silk.

Thanks for this OP! I’ve been looking for this info.
Frick! I’m on my 7th pin and I’ve been using 18g to draw and 23g, 1.5” in my middle outer glutes every time and I sink that thing. Guess I’ll get 1” next time. Where can I find caps for my vials?

My first ever pin was in my delts out of all the pinning spots I use it's my favorite.

Back