• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Eating to Grow and A1C

zionoir626

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
My A1C is high again..and of course the Dr. wants me on more meds..No
But eating what I used too is a problem for A1C..I fixed it before with diet and cardio..So,now I'm having to do more cardio than before to keep off meds..and watch what I eat closer..And reflux has become an issue as I've aged..

So how many of you out there are balancing bulking and A1C?

By more meds do you mean that you are already taking insulin, metformin, glipizide, or similar to control blood glucose already? or do you mean the physician want to add glucose controlling meds?

I find metformin has pros and cons, but is decent for controlling A1C (unless one is really insulin insensitive). I use it and it hasn't slowed gains down too badly.

I can't bulk at the rate I used to, and I have to be more careful with diet even on bulking (somethings no longer agree with me), but slower bulks with slow acting carbs still works fine for me. Too much refined flour and sugar and I get heartburn lasting all night.

I don't take any yet for my A1C...
If I can do it without taking meds..and I've gotten it down before without..
I'm looking at maybe 50+ bottles on my dresser right now.. I can't tell when I take a pill or not..

Thank God I've got good insurance..down to 4 or 5 Dr.s now..still taking a break from them and all the BS that comes with all that..
Just lost confidence in the whole system..but that's another thread..

But eating what I used too is a problem for A1C..I fixed it before with diet and cardio..So,now I'm having to do more cardio than before to keep off meds..and watch what I eat closer..And reflux has become an issue as I've aged..

Do you have a glucose monitor?

You could monitor your glucose between meals and see how low it's getting before your next meal. Phil Viz was the first guy I knew of doing this and it's an interesting approach.

Basic idea is you want you blood sugar to get back to close to your fasted levels in the morning. If it's not your just compounding the higher blood sugar issue all day.

This might be done by lower carbs in meals or spacing them farther apart.

I personally like to have guys rather low carb on non training days but, I also don't really want them training more then four days a week if we're doing a low volume high frequency approach.

I would just take a hard look at the diet. Then cardio. Then something like berberine or other natural supplements that can help.

Do you have a glucose monitor?

You could monitor your glucose between meals and see how low it's getting before your next meal. Phil Viz was the first guy I knew of doing this and it's an interesting approach.

Basic idea is you want you blood sugar to get back to close to your fasted levels in the morning. If it's not your just compounding the higher blood sugar issue all day.

This might be done by lower carbs in meals or spacing them farther apart.

I personally like to have guys rather low carb on non training days but, I also don't really want them training more then four days a week if we're doing a low volume high frequency approach.

I would just take a hard look at the diet. Then cardio. Then something like berberine or other natural supplements that can help.
The other natural supp I'd suggest, before berberine even, is bergamot extract. Works wonders to lower fasting and post meal blood sugar levels from my experience. Sometimes even too much for me since I have a weird hypoglycemia problem.

OP, are you on GH by chance?

Thanks Mont and Garlic..
I will look into both..
Once again...everyone thank Mont for the hard lifting on this Sub..

Most people immediately think sugar is the problem, but eating a serving of candy actually cause a tight peak bell curve eating carbs like potato chips french fries pasta will keep your blood sugar high for hours sometimes overlapping meals, keeping carbs low is the solution not even insulin works with these carbage carb

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

🤚

My a1c was high as well. Took months to get it down to normal . Started using Gh (3.3iu eod) and it went up again .
Got on lantus (10-15iu ) and i was able to keep my fasted glucose in range.

I can keep my a1c on range with diet and cardio. But i wont be making any gains.

The other natural supp I'd suggest, before berberine even, is bergamot extract. Works wonders to lower fasting and post meal blood sugar levels from my experience. Sometimes even too much for me since I have a weird hypoglycemia problem.

OP, are you on GH by chance?

Is bergamot extract the same as citrus bergamot?

IML Gear Cream!
Why are you not able to make gains when keeping your a1c in check.? I mean wouldnt a low to medium rep workout using a pyramid scheme w the added help of say test cyp and high protein stillallow you to gain.?

Very difficult as your pancreas could be failing and medication is the only route if you want to eat more calories fats or carbohydrates and have normal ac1 levels

but defiantly cardio kept in
keep bodyfat tight

use supplements like chromium 1000mg morning ala 300mg morning 300mg pre bed
apple cider vinegar after or with each meal on food

Last edited:
Age is the #1 factor here..as we age our body changes and what we were able to get away with then doesn't happen now..My A1C was high before the Virus kicked..but in 30 days it was perfect with diet and More cardio..but it creeped back up during all the BS of Covid..

The Dr. read off a list of foods to avoid..that was my list to grow..pasta.. potatoes..rice..red meat..

By more meds do you mean that you are already taking insulin, metformin, glipizide, or similar to control blood glucose already? or do you mean the physician want to add glucose controlling meds?

I find metformin has pros and cons, but is decent for controlling A1C (unless one is really insulin insensitive). I use it and it hasn't slowed gains down too badly.

I can't bulk at the rate I used to, and I have to be more careful with diet even on bulking (somethings no longer agree with me), but slower bulks with slow acting carbs still works fine for me. Too much refined flour and sugar and I get heartburn lasting all night.
What would you say are the Metaformin negatives ?

Limit your carbs and absolutely stop eating simple sugars, especiallyin liquid form. Berberine and Magnesium help. Measure blood sugar every morning. Fixing blood sugar issues IMO is not complicated when you fix dietary habits and add supplements.

Just realized this was an old post, nevermind.

No..it's all good..
Many fight this still..
Z...

Back