• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

More BS CARDIO Advice From Mike O'Hearn!

Get Shredded!
When you say "training" are you referring to an activity that elevates your heart rate sufficiently to improve cardio vascular health?

Scientifically, you need to get your heart rate up to between 60 to 80% of target heart rate max. You know the formula I am sure. And that's not ME talking, it's proven research. By scientist and doctors.

IMO guys who naturally/genetically have low bf% will not see the benefit of doing cardio or feel it's warranted. They are lucky. I have personally known many guys like this...

There are also guys who can manage purely thru diet and discipline of eating properly.

However, someone can look in shape and if you ask them to run 2 miles, they will fail. It's an indicator of fitness. Just ask the military bc it's standard for soldiers to have to complete a 2 mile run in a set period of time.

I am not looking to argue bc everyone has an opinion. But there is also science and bro science. There is tons of actual literature on the need to do any activity that elevates your heart rate effectively...be it called cardio or chopping wood or whatever.

Also, to say no one "trains" is offensive. Maybe not to your standards but I can name a few members on this board who train and look like they train.

Gymtonic and Monstro be two I can think of right off the top of my head. They would not agree with you that they do not train.

With all due respect.
The problem is this all in your opinion and in denial of the actual benefits of resistance training over cardio even for heart health.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/11/181113115430.htm
樂 looks like weight lifting is good for your heart and decreases risk of heart disease. But I guess we are all gonna die if we don’t go for a jog.

It's an interesting study.

My feeling is...if doing merely two sets of bench presses is enough to elevate your heart rate effectively as it suggests? Then those ppl are severely out of shape.

For me? I am going to do my cardio. Maybe I am right. Maybe you are right.

But what if you are wrong and die young. And you could have lived longer by preventing a heart attack? What do you have to lose exactly?? They don't call it the silent killer for nothing.

It's like I take supplements. IDK if the fucking things work or not. But what do I have to lose except some money... my body will piss it out. But if they work even a little and they help??

For instance, I take Krill oil. All that I have read says it good for you. So I take it.

The problem is this all in your opinion and in denial of the actual benefits of resistance training over cardio even for heart health.

Bro, it's not all my opinion. Seriously?? A quick google search will yield many many results from reputable sources.

And I never said anything about resistance training versus cardio. If I did please quote me...

I absolutely believe in the benefits of resistance training. Otherwise I wouldn't do it myself.

It's I just also believe in the benefits of cardio. Which maybe some members here don't agree with doing cardio. I am not here to convince or argue or win over someone's mind.

PPl are entitled to their opinion even if I don't agree. But as I stated, you have a lot to lose if you are wrong and die of an unnecessary heart attack. That is all.

It's an interesting study.

My feeling is...if doing merely two sets of bench presses is enough to elevate your heart rate effectively as it suggests? Then those ppl are severely out of shape.

For me? I am going to do my cardio. Maybe I am right. Maybe you are right.

But what if you are wrong and die young. And you could have lived longer by preventing a heart attack? What do you have to lose exactly?? They don't call it the silent killer for nothing.

It's like I take supplements. IDK if the fucking things work or not. But what do I have to lose except some money... my body will piss it out. But if they work even a little and they help??

For instance, I take Krill oil. All that I have read says it good for you. So I take it.
im not advocating one or the other or one over the other for health purposes. I would never explicitly tell someone to not do cardio. However, my point was not doing cardio isn’t a death sentence. In order of importance for health, I’d rank 1 diet, 2 resistant training, 3 cardio, 4 supplementation. I think people would be healthiest doing all 4 but if someone was on limited time i don’t think it would be as beneficial to do cardio over resistance training. Now, if I was training a advising a completely out of shape fat person I would get them to start out by simply eating less and doing a 10 minute walk a couple times a week adding 5-10 minutes each week to build and then build up to resistance training.

When you say "training" are you referring to an activity that elevates your heart rate sufficiently to improve cardio vascular health?

Scientifically, you need to get your heart rate up to between 60 to 80% of target heart rate max. You know the formula I am sure. And that's not ME talking, it's proven research. By scientist and doctors.

IMO guys who naturally/genetically have low bf% will not see the benefit of doing cardio or feel it's warranted. They are lucky. I have personally known many guys like this...

There are also guys who can manage purely thru diet and discipline of eating properly.

However, someone can look in shape and if you ask them to run 2 miles, they will fail. It's an indicator of fitness. Just ask the military bc it's standard for soldiers to have to complete a 2 mile run in a set period of time.

I am not looking to argue bc everyone has an opinion. But there is also science and bro science. There is tons of actual literature on the need to do any activity that elevates your heart rate effectively...be it called cardio or chopping wood or whatever.

Also, to say no one "trains" is offensive. Maybe not to your standards but I can name a few members on this board who train and look like they train.

Gymtonic and Monstro be two I can think of right off the top of my head. They would not agree with you that they do not train.

With all due respect.
Didn't you know? Only the few elitist 'train.' The rest of us buffoons workout, lol Yeah, I took that as a thinly veiled insult when I read it earlier

I didn't choose the swolle life, the swolle life chose me~Wesley Swolle

With all due respect.
The no one trains was a joke. The same joke that's been going on on this board for years. So it wasn't serious.

When I say train, I mean weight training. If you're training hard, you're getting a ton of cardiovascular work especially if you train with a higher volume approach like most do.

I'm the guy who has a very hard time not getting fat but, it just comes down to intensity in the gym and perfect diet. I have a few logs here where I did zero cardio during my off session and gained quite a bit of size and still had visible abs.

But, as I find myself saying more often these days, it's just going to come down to what you need personally. No one needs the same thing.

Also, yeah there are studies that prove just about anything.

Bro science though..... In terms of things we do with anabolics, diet and training, bodybuilders are typically ahead of science just from their own trial and error aka science.

Didn't you know? Only the few elitist 'train.' The rest of us buffoons workout, lol Yeah, I took that as a thinly veiled insult when I read it earlier

Oh Jesus

Yall need to brush up on your asf history lol.

I'm sorry if I offended any of you cunts (again, a joke)

Oh Jesus

Yall need to brush up on your asf history lol.

I'm sorry if I offended any of you cunts (again, a joke)
Next time throw in an 'lol' or a laughing emoji, cuz you suck ass at joking. And btw, it's 'kunts'

IML Gear Cream!
I get my cardio just wearing this stupid mask.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Climbing the stairs at work with a mask on and Tren running rampant through my system makes my heart hurt.

Cardio is beneficial to the heart muscle and lungs and circulation.

Your a dumb cunt.

Necessary?? For what? Weight loss or life?!?

Yeah, you can lose weight without cardio.

But as was said by not just me, it’s necessary for overall healthy living!!!

You are a stupid cocksucker.

You take someone who doesn’t do cardio... like you, and have them run 2 miles. And you would never fucking make it. Bc your out of shape.

No cardiovascular capability.

You might just see the importance after you fail a simple physical fitness test. Even if you “look” good.

Wasting my time with you. Dumb as a fucking rock.

You don’t like hearing this bc it doesn’t fit your narrative. Bc you don’t do cardio

One day when you drop dead of a heart attack you will wish you had. But your corpse will look so fit on tren.

Dick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why does a fitness test include running but not lifting heavy weight to gauge fitness ?
That's like fitness shaming

I cant run 5 miles but I can deadlift thrice that runners PR. Why is he labelled fitter than me just because he can run ?
I call BS on that !!

Sent from my SM-N985F using Tapatalk

Why does a fitness test include running but not lifting heavy weight to gauge fitness ?
That's like fitness shaming

I cant run 5 miles but I can deadlift thrice that runners PR. Why is he labelled fitter than me just because he can run ?
I call BS on that !!

Military has always done the two mile run.

When I was in, had to be done in 14:54 seconds. Almost 15 min or 7 min pace.

Wasn’t easy for me. But some guys kicked ass. Girls always sucked. And got more time.

I wouldn’t say that is “more” fit then you. What is aerobic and the other anaerobic.

But military readiness means guys should be able to have a baseline of cardiovascular endurance.

Lots of young guys on this forum would fail IMO.

Idk how many members run outside at a 7 min pace. Maybe a couple. Idk

Military has always done the two mile run.

When I was in, had to be done in 14:54 seconds. Almost 15 min or 7 min pace.

Wasn’t easy for me. But some guys kicked ass. Girls always sucked. And got more time.

I wouldn’t say that is “more” fit then you. What is aerobic and the other anaerobic.

But military readiness means guys should be able to have a baseline of cardiovascular endurance.

Lots of young guys on this forum would fail IMO.

Idk how many members run outside at a 7 min pace. Maybe a couple. Idk

99.9% of military men would fail to match my lifts.

I now pronounce them unfit.

See the wrong in that. Just because it is their criteria for fitness doesn't mean its a universal thing. Fuck military readiness. Go go powerlifting readiness

99.9% of military men would fail to match my lifts.

I now pronounce them unfit.

See the wrong in that. Just because it is their criteria for fitness doesn't mean its a universal thing. Fuck military readiness. Go go powerlifting readiness

Yeah but you’re super human.

So not fair.

An Army of 700k Rajput would take over the world!!

Clone yourself maybe?

Yeah but you’re super human.

So not fair.

An Army of 700k Rajput would take over the world!!

Clone yourself maybe?

Cloning is too far in the future. Im thinking to have 100 wives and 700 kids. Live the Arab life.

Cloning is too far in the future. Im thinking to have 100 wives and 700 kids. Live the Arab life.

If you go that route, stay put don't dare come to the US.. your life would be ruined, child support is no joke!

If you go that route, stay put don't dare come to the US.. your life would be ruined, child support is no joke!
You only pay child support if you divorce wives. Arab women don't ask for divorce. Low maintenance.

Get Shredded!
You only pay child support if you divorce wives. Arab women don't ask for divorce. Low maintenance.

statistically if you had 100 kids..... 33 of them would be gay... so you’d only really have 67 troops after you “dealt” with your infidels.... haha

statistically if you had 100 kids..... 33 of them would be gay... so you’d only really have 67 troops after you “dealt” with your infidels.... haha

1 in 3 is gay? Those sound like California statistics to me. You sure that applies to world population?

1 in 3 is gay? Those sound like California statistics to me. You sure that applies to world population?

haha no. This is “post vaccination” stats. 😉

You can still use gays as canon fodder

Back