• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

What's the best compliment you've received?

IML Gear Cream!
Why in the world would people think ur an asshole babe?

I have that look. Women say I'm stuck up and dudes say I look like a asshole.
Either way it's all good. You know how it is in the gym. You really don't want people talking to you in the first place. It's a good thing because if they get me started I'd probably talk their eyes off and not get shit done lol.

That's why I wear over the ear headphones.
They have to make a concerted effort to have a conversation with me.
Luckily I go to the gym about 3 am and it's empty.

That's why I wear over the ear headphones.
They have to make a concerted effort to have a conversation with me.
Luckily I go to the gym about 3 am and it's empty.

I do also, oh and hell naw 3am? No thanks lol.

Not related to gains in the gym, but the most awesome compliment I ever received was during Bike Week in Daytona Beach many years ago. I had been out of the military for about 15 years and had an insignia on my vest that only those who have done what I have done would recognize or even know what it means. Ran into a guy who had just got out of the military that recognized it. We bullshitted for a while about the stuff we had been involved with. After a couple of beers and about an hour or so we concluded and said, hey, it was cool meeting you and he told me his name. I said, "yeah same here, nice meeting you too and told him my name." He said, "No fucking way. You're XXXX XXXXXX?" I said, "yeah, that's me." He about shook my hand off and said, "I can't believe I'm actually meeting you. Dude, you're a fucking legend." He then asked me about some of the stories - if this was true, if that was true - I said, "Oh yeah, that stuff really happened." He replied that he couldn't wait to tell some of his buddies that he had met me.

That one moment in time made all the shit I went through worth while. Nice to know they still tell stories about me back in the Navy. I'm proud to say that I earned those stories.
Now I'm so damn intrigued and would love to hear those stories .. and I think I speak on behalf of all of us here.

Now I'm so damn intrigued and would love to hear those stories .. and I think I speak on behalf of all of us here.

I wish I could but I can't. Hell, even my wife only knows a very little bit. When she first met me I'd tell her things here and there but it wasn't until she overheard me talking when drinking with some buddies that she believed it. I'll never forget when we were first engaged and she said, "You really did that? I thought you were full of crap and just trying to impress me."

While on cycle and floating around 265lbs at 9% on my 6’6” frame I was walking through a restaurant I overheard someone say, “Oh Look! I think he plays for the (insert local NFL franchise)”

Needless to say I was pretty pleased with myself.

I wish I could but I can't. Hell, even my wife only knows a very little bit. When she first met me I'd tell her things here and there but it wasn't until she overheard me talking when drinking with some buddies that she believed it. I'll never forget when we were first engaged and she said, "You really did that? I thought you were full of crap and just trying to impress me."

My father would never share stiff either. I had to find his records when he passed. I thought he was just a demolition guy, turns out he was also a sniper(one that won medals and competitions).... Never allowed guns in the house until we grew up and he got in his early 60's. I once made the mistake of asking him if he had killed anybody in service..... Yeah....I was young and naïve at the time.

Being in nursing school, apparently I intimidate the other male nurses....

The female instructors always flirt with me. Had one that quit ask me out for "dinner" even though we were both married. I declined, because I am an honorable guy, but two other instructors have given hints too. I am 44 and many of them are around my age 30s to early 50s. Most of the students are younger and ignore me. Had a couple flirt but nothing I would call brazen.

The best compliment was when we were learning to give shots. The instructor used me as "test subject" when she grabbed my tricep I flexed, and she blushed....lol and said that's a meaty arm sir....lol

But I am not particularly handsome and I am ok with that. I aint ugly either, just average... so, ya know I aint getting the 8-10 scale young hotties checking me out. Kind of glad, not sure my will power would hold up....

The compliments daily are all equally “the best”! Anything from the Stares I get from people walking through a store or airport to getting the work that I get. I guess when my Parents fight over which one of them is responsible for my Genetics! Lol I love that: they still come up to me privately and tell me how i definitely got it from their side (lmao)

Max
Of course my girl is the best compliment I have
Got... She beats some of my paychecks all day .

Get Shredded!
Me too. But I also know military stories rarely get shared outside. Just the way things work.

Ain't that the truth ! If you did no one would believe you anyways. I gave up long ago. I tell my old friends that I went on a vision quest ...

Being in nursing school, apparently I intimidate the other male nurses....

The female instructors always flirt with me. Had one that quit ask me out for "dinner" even though we were both married. I declined, because I am an honorable guy, but two other instructors have given hints too. I am 44 and many of them are around my age 30s to early 50s. Most of the students are younger and ignore me. Had a couple flirt but nothing I would call brazen.

The best compliment was when we were learning to give shots. The instructor used me as "test subject" when she grabbed my tricep I flexed, and she blushed....lol and said that's a meaty arm sir....lol

But I am not particularly handsome and I am ok with that. I aint ugly either, just average... so, ya know I aint getting the 8-10 scale young hotties checking me out. Kind of glad, not sure my will power would hold up....

It's your honesty

http://130.211.15.91/yarn-clip/a3f5dd4d-c997-4798-8976-f2acbd5bfad0

you're looking leaner is probably my best one lmao, have been told I have a nice dick too but thats always questionable

Man, all you do is keep intriguing me more and more)) it's killing me

My father would never share stiff either. I had to find his records when he passed. I thought he was just a demolition guy, turns out he was also a sniper(one that won medals and competitions).... Never allowed guns in the house until we grew up and he got in his early 60's. I once made the mistake of asking him if he had killed anybody in service..... Yeah....I was young and naïve at the time.
Oh, how did he react to that?

Oh, how did he react to that?

He looked at me with sadness in eyes, started to say something, stopped, and looked at the beer on the table and started drinking it. Ignored the question after that..... My old man was a tank of a man, never seen him cry, never seen him lose a fight, seen him literally yell at grown men and made them cry, had that make your asshole pucker you are in trouble voice, lol. Seeing the sadness in his eyes , told me all I needed to know, and I never asked again. I was 12 to 13 iirc and even then I realized what it does to a man, to have to kill others that have done you know wrong personally. I believe I killed a guy in the mid to late 90's and it was self defense. Has weighed on my heart ever since(still do not know the truth) I was young and hot headed. Nowadays I would try to get that person help.... So I can only imagine how guys feel that take a life just because they are ordered to. I mean I know I talk a lot of shit, and yes I did a lot of fighting and crazy stuff, but it was never in me to indiscriminately kill.

Holy shit cowboy!
That's intense.
I had similar conversations with my step brother about Vietnam.
It's really sad.
Sucks ur dad hadda go thru that

I love when I’m walking around the mall with my wife and we can hear people walk by us and say “look at that juicehead”. My wife thinks its a funny game to try to listen to people talking about gear near us. Thats all I got. Everything is negative, but I take it in a positive way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is a compliment and it is good that you think that way. I was talking to an owner of a newer gym and he was telling me who was on what(gossip). I do not engage but, when it is the guy who is paying you ; I listened . There were a a lot of guys/gals on cycles and a lot of them you can’t even tell . Seriously , most looked like they could be natural or they definitely are not dieting, partying, something.
My friends use PED’s and I almost think they shouldn’t use at all because they drink every weekend and vape . They don’t get 1/20th the results : Hardwork is what it takes , if it was steroids that made you look huge or fit the gym would look full of Pro BB /Phys/Fitness competitiors and it is quite rare ! Lol

Max

My daughter made my whole year the other day with this one. It was really warm here so I was outside enjoying the sun doing whatever. It was the first time she had seen me without a shirt on in well over a year. She took one look at me and said “Damn Dad where did all that come from?” Lol I played it off on the outside and told her I got it so I could take care of all the asshole guys that will be following her around this year but on the inside you couldn’t of slapped the smile off my face. Haha

IML Gear Cream!
My daughter made my whole year the other day with this one. It was really warm here so I was outside enjoying the sun doing whatever. It was the first time she had seen me without a shirt on in well over a year. She took one look at me and said “Damn Dad where did all that come from?” Lol I played it off on the outside and told her I got it so I could take care of all the asshole guys that will be following her around this year but on the inside you couldn’t of slapped the smile off my face. Haha

That’s awesome ! Especially from your daughter

Max

He looked at me with sadness in eyes, started to say something, stopped, and looked at the beer on the table and started drinking it. Ignored the question after that..... My old man was a tank of a man, never seen him cry, never seen him lose a fight, seen him literally yell at grown men and made them cry, had that make your asshole pucker you are in trouble voice, lol. Seeing the sadness in his eyes , told me all I needed to know, and I never asked again. I was 12 to 13 iirc and even then I realized what it does to a man, to have to kill others that have done you know wrong personally. I believe I killed a guy in the mid to late 90's and it was self defense. Has weighed on my heart ever since(still do not know the truth) I was young and hot headed. Nowadays I would try to get that person help.... So I can only imagine how guys feel that take a life just because they are ordered to. I mean I know I talk a lot of shit, and yes I did a lot of fighting and crazy stuff, but it was never in me to indiscriminately kill.
Without speaking, he gave you a good answer. And you were able to reflect on it. I'm sorry that your father had to go through this.

Back