• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Dementia/Alzheimer's

Multislacking

ASF MVP
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
We spend a lot of time talking about our physical health, but rarely discuss our mental health (unless tren or rec supps are involved). One of the major downsides to mental health is usually it starts declining decades before it becomes an issue. This guy gives a pretty good talk on the topic and how we can improve mental health through diet. He touches on insulin (for you guys who use), intermittent fasting, and although he doesn't say keto, he is basically describing a keto diet.

IMO so much of this is genetic.

Scares me quite a bit. IDK if it will happen to me, but I would rather be dead then not know my name, my son, my wife, etc.

Ppl are living longer. Probably not meant to live so long into your 90's. Shit starts to go, including your mental faculties.

IMO so much of this is genetic.

Scares me quite a bit. IDK if it will happen to me, but I would rather be dead then not know my name, my son, my wife, etc.

Ppl are living longer. Probably not meant to live so long into your 90's. Shit starts to go, including your mental faculties.

My grandparents all kicked it in their 70's. So they were still with it mentally. Once my parents hit their 80's I could see the decline. By the time they hit 90, they pretty much needed supervision. Same goes for 99% of the rest of the old timers I know. They basically turn into 2-4 yr olds with 90 yrs of experience. They may be able to find their way to the grocery store, but they're going to buy little debbie's and candy and ice cream. And just those items. Decision making skills are pretty much non existent.

Yeah.... I’m 35 this year and I forget shit constantly.... son brought home a homemade Mother’s Day card (made in school) ... thank God... I now have 2 days to figure that out.

one more thing I forgot... somehow wives expect Mother’s Day gifts from husbands.

ugh... but seriously... my grandpa died at 91 and he mentally wasn’t too bad (he was diagnosed with dementia as well as congestive heart failure but I don’t think he was that bad really. Physically he was 1/5 what he used to be (to be expected) but my grandma whose still alive at 88 is seeing things out the window that aren’t there and remembering memories of people that didn’t happen and arguing with herself and just really losing it. I know it’s probably age related and heart break too considering they were married for over 65 years.

Well I came from parents that not only didn't eat right but Never exercised...So,no genetics whatsoever..the crap they ate finally caught up to them in their 70's..my other siblings eat crap and never exercise..but all older than me..At 27 I went through a divorce got my kids out of it and drew a line in the sand and made changes..

The 5 yrs I was a single parent were the hardest but most rewarding.. Taught myself about healthy eating habits..how to cook..had to teach my kids about time management and trying different things.. Tuff times through and through..but Today I'm fighting many health issues and my kids are grown and doing well..mainly happy..

Said all that to say..Im not pissed I got a rare Cancer..I have way better chances to beat it than my sibs..Plus anyone that's been around that shitty illness knows there's nothing you can do but comfort them..So I'd rather have it than anyone I care about..Win or loose.. I've already Won..I am actually a better person from it..

Living to 100 ...not me.. Quality of Life..when I can no longer see happiness in my family's eyes.. it's time to go..
Remember it about the Journey...Never the Destination!!

Well I came from parents that not only didn't eat right but Never exercised...So,no genetics whatsoever..the crap they ate finally caught up to them in their 70's..my other siblings eat crap and never exercise..but all older than me..At 27 I went through a divorce got my kids out of it and drew a line in the sand and made changes..

The 5 yrs I was a single parent were the hardest but most rewarding.. Taught myself about healthy eating habits..how to cook..had to teach my kids about time management and trying different things.. Tuff times through and through..but Today I'm fighting many health issues and my kids are grown and doing well..mainly happy..

Said all that to say..Im not pissed I got a rare Cancer..I have way better chances to beat it than my sibs..Plus anyone that's been around that shitty illness knows there's nothing you can do but comfort them..So I'd rather have it than anyone I care about..Win or loose.. I've already Won..I am actually a better person from it..

Living to 100 ...not me.. Quality of Life..when I can no longer see happiness in my family's eyes.. it's time to go..
Remember it about the Journey...Never the Destination!!

Wishing nothing but good things for you bud... :twothumbs:

Lions mane mushroom has helped my grandparents alot with memory anyone who has dementia or alzheimers should look into different non psychoactive medical shrooms been helpful.

I lost a very good friend, same age as me, to early onset Alzheimer’s. Both of his parents developed it in their 80s but he started showing symptoms in his early 50s. He’s in a home now and probably won’t see another year. Genetics do play a big role, mutated genes past on.

IML Gear Cream!
I guess getting older has affected my memory too.
I completely forgot this board is run by a fucking child.

I’ll return to ignoring this place now.
Zionair I’m sorry, it tried brother.

Back