• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Over 40 questions

AR-15

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Ok just to be clear I’m not in any way busting balls here. I’m legit scared to death of getting old so I have questions. I’m assuming you guys picked 40 for a good reason. I realize everyone is different but is this age the age when you guys started to notice significant changes of some sort? If so what should I expect? Other than the usual shit like hair growing overnight in odd places and hair turning grey. I’m more concerned about major physical changes like the ability to gain muscle and performance drop off in the gym and the bedroom. Please don’t sugarcoat anything. Tell me straight up what I should be prepared for so maybe I can take a few more steps to delay the inevitable. Thanks

40 is about the age natural test levels really start to decline (hence all those commercials). For the average joe that doesn't know anything about gear, trt, etc it can really suck the life out of you. You'll probably be in good shape and barely notice it though. The rest of it is just life stuff. Injuries compounded over time, joint issues, sleep issues, etc. Knees and back are the two typical big issues for most guys. I've never ran gh, but the guys that do swear by it.

40 is OK- 50 and over all kinds of things become apparent but very subtle - gets tougher and tougher -but you need to get up every single day and work hard at it .Just keep smiling -working hard exercising and a good diet and you can kick ass on younger guys as you DO get wiser ~ almost forgot - lots of pussy also helps (-: great thread !! Thanks

Im feeling things these days (55 soon), mainly injuries all over (joints). Back, knees, elbows, wrists. 42 of this lifting stuff will take its toll.
Hair is starting to thin, not too bad yet. Still mainly brown (few grays).

Numbers in gym have fallen in gym a bit (mainly injury related) but still trying to get back to them with smarter rehab/training.

40 was nothing, I started to feel older near 50 (49) but when I jumped on TRT that has helped immensely. My main gripe is injury/joints.
Im fine in all other departments so far...

I really have noticed that joints tend to hurt more and takes longer to recover after training. Also things taken for granted when younger are now harder. In addition health also comes to the fore when getting older.

This is what I know about 40+:

1. It’s not hard to gain weight now like in my 20s
2. It’s hard to piss
3. All I do is piss
4. My hair is running away from my face
5. In my 20s I liked deca to put on size, now I need it to help me get back up from the bottom of a squat
6. Instead of dbol and anadrol I take blood pressure and cholesterol meds
7. I found a grey pube.....weird
8. Is that a liver spot or skin cancer, fuck me
9. Where did the hair on my shins go?
10. There are days I would just assume to lay on the couch and watch Andy Griffith reruns than to bang the old lady. Ideally I’d be getting a bj while getting my Mayberry fix but she doesn’t appreciate it like I do. I know some of you have those days so don’t lie you fuckers.

On a side note, I should probably have a prostate exam but I’m kinda bashful. I don’t even let my old lady check my prostate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is what I know about 40+:

1. It’s not hard to gain weight now like in my 20s
2. It’s hard to piss
3. All I do is piss
4. My hair is running away from my face
5. In my 20s I liked deca to put on size, now I need it to help me get back up from the bottom of a squat
6. Instead of dbol and anadrol I take blood pressure and cholesterol meds
7. I found a grey pube.....weird
8. Is that a liver spot or skin cancer, fuck me
9. Where did the hair on my shins go?
10. There are days I would just assume to lay on the couch and watch Andy Griffith reruns than to bang the old lady. Ideally I’d be getting a bj while getting my Mayberry fix but she doesn’t appreciate it like I do. I know some of you have those days so don’t lie you fuckers.

On a side note, I should probably have a prostate exam but I’m kinda bashful. I don’t even let my old lady check my prostate.

Man your number 8 and 9 cracked me the fuck up. I can relate.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

IML Gear Cream!
That’s real life ain’t it bro lol

No one over 40 has any competent doctors to run the proper number (there's about 15 tests) to get the real thyroid picture. And if they do they put you on shit synthroud which doesn't work. All this over 40 shit with cholesterol and bp is mainly hypo thyroid related from 1) getting older and 2) using gear which beats up your thyroid
I take 2 real thyrpid meds 4x daily and i have no cholesterol issues as long as i eat reasonably decent. And my bp is good even on 1.5grams of gear a week. Donate blood ffs... its the best thing you can do for your bp and heart.

I have to piss all the fucking time but i had the finger test and its normal and my psa is literally > 1
Egfr is the one to watch.

I’m 52 and didn’t start noticing material changes until later 40’s. Just generally takes more effort to do things and recover. The pissing comments crack me up as I started to have to piss all the time last year. Went to Vegas last week and had to fucking stop 5 times. I can say one thing... I’m hornier than ever man... I have not noticed any changes yet in that department... I’m just starting trt too

The age it starts hitting you will depend on genetics, health, stress, &c. I noticed it about 45 (51 currently) during a few years of high stress, crappy workouts, and unclean diet.

TRT (maybe with some mild additions) helps a lot.

Fat gain is easier and easier each year, and it's a bit harder to strip it off. I can't imagine dieting down to single percentage on one's own hormones after 40 -- too much muscle loss.
Blood pressure is more a concern, same with lipids.

Forget about keeping your hair -- once you accept the inevitable, and shave your head, all the DHT-derived compounds are yours to enjoy (unless your prostate is sensitive). I assume I'd be grey if I let in grow in but I've sported a shaved head for almost a decade, so the hair color is academic.

I lift with more volume and less weight to keep the joints happy.

Someone mentioned less patience for buffoonery -- 100% agree. After half a century of seeing the same idiocy, I no longer hold my tongue. Grumpy jacked old men rise up!

Just turned 53..

Started wearing "readers" at 46.. now contacts/ glasses full time..

My forehead turned into a 5 head, 6 head so.. I now shave it all off.

Low test..? Yep..

Sex drive..? Different.. but still good. Just not on leg days..

Taking BP meds now for 3 months.. having a hard time balancing gear with meds..

Can you still take orals? Or only injectables.. love to hear anyone's thoughts.

Just turned 53..

Low test..? Yep..

At your age your thyroid is a major factor in all your issues. Regulate the thyroid properly... likely not with the level of incompetence 95% of docs have about it.... and your BP will take care of itself.

This is all hilarious! I can relate to the same old man issues. I can say that supplementing my Testosterone has made a huge difference in all areas.

I heard a wise man say once getting old ain’t for sissy’s.

Just turned 53..

Low test..? Yep..

I ditched the orals due to age and BP.

This Sub was a twofold idea...1st..for us older Vets/Guys to discuss what we've done,failed at,and moreover dealing with as we continue cycling and age..To name our Battles and help each other at a more mature point..We learn about gear..Yes..but dealing with life as it hits you in the face at times..and reach out to our Brothers in the same boat..

I solidly feel that in the 30's is the last place to start...the earlier the better..but no one in their 20's cares about longevity..

Setting the stage for good health must be done to excel in aging yrs..So..that being said..Taking the Bull down in the 30's will allow the 40's and possibly the early 50's to be fun and prosperous..Now there is the X Factor..a bad roll of the Dice..or just a Bad Hand..and with that it doesn't really matter what you have done..And believe me Brothers...that Sucks..

At 31 I was a single parent with two young kids and starting a new career..So..I self taught myself about nutrition and gear..No internet back then..But at 42 I was setting PR's and ripped at 177lbs...from 125 that's hard ass work..I have contributed to eat to grow and shooting for that 200lb mark..

Lost count of cycles but still remember the bad ones..at 50,I had a 32" waist and 48" chest and hovering around 185lbs..

Now for that X Factor...after all of that I got delt a shitty hand..C..yep me...But,just another part of Life..not a death sentence..No Not Me...At 55 now and still hitting the Iron 3 to 5 days a wk..still growing..still fighting..Never Quitting..!!

2rd..fold
Simply to show the younger guys..what to expect and how to continue to live as life goes on..

After reading this thread, I'm not sure I want to hit 40 at all!! Damn.

Get Shredded!
Let me tell you Deck
Pulling off your shirt and everyone taking a triple take
.....PRICELESS

We can't stay young forever..But we can age Gracefully
I honestly believe I train harder now that I've got a fight..
You fight how you train...I have never trained to Quit or Loose..

Plan..Execute.. Discipline

How bad do you want It??

59 looking 60 straight in the eye, one word comes to mind.

Pain.

Everything hurts, I mean everything. Started at 40 and about every 5 years it goes to the next level. I can deal with the BP, ED, A1C, weight gain, muscle loss and sleeplessness. But the arthritis pain takes a lot out of me. I’ve been on 4 different monoclonal antibodies for it over the past 3 years. I’m not sure what’s worse the disease or the cure.

Take care of your joints brothers.

Pain.

Everything hurts, I mean everything. Started at 40 and about every 5 years it goes to the next level. I can deal with the BP, ED, A1C, weight gain, muscle loss and sleeplessness. But the arthritis pain takes a lot out of me. I’ve been on 4 different monoclonal antibodies for it over the past 3 years. I’m not sure what’s worse the disease or the cure.

Damn bro, you're a mess

I didn't choose the swolle life, the swolle life chose me~Wesley Swolle

Tommy and I have been in this game and forum for a bit..And I know one thing.. He's a fighter..hands down..
And he has decades of knowledge that WE could all learn from..
So guys that know him reach out..guys that don't know him...get to!

One thing that really sucks is 8 years ago I was squatting 450 for sets of 8-10. Now 225 kills my back for 5 days after. Arthritis and degeneration sucks door knobs. I'll be 60 this year. I noticed a marked drop in strength this year even in upper body. Also, I've had to move to higher reps, less rest between sets and drop sets to get the intensity to mass up on cycle. It works but it's different. I always thought barbell hip thrusts were for strippers and gay men but I guess they work. Had to work them in to support the rear chain musculature. Knees, lower back and one hip are holding me back. It all compounds but you have to adapt and compromise. nutrition is even a bigger part of this at ~60. Oh, and looking fondly at hot chicks younger than my daughter feels pervy.

Yeah adaptation is Key..
My chest day is pretty carved in stone now...10 sets of 10..with band shoulder work between sets..
I used to love OH presses on the smith..but I get bigger.. rounder shoulders with resistance bands..yeah hard to believe I know..
If we trained smart like we're have to do now..Boy we could have been Gods back then.. at least a Demi God

Let me tell you Deck
Pulling off your shirt and everyone taking a triple take
.....PRICELESS

I'll give you that one Noir. I'm with you Given the current status of covid and country, there aren't too many places that I'm not covered up let alone have the option to show some size!

Pain.

Hey Gunz,

Are you talking about after having had COVID?

Back