• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Over 40 section?

Get Shredded!
ok... now that we know who all the old guys are... BAN EM..:winkfinger:

Sounds like a great idea. I'm 59, does that mean I'll have to wait on the almost 60 forum?

Hell yea.
Love it.
I dont post much these days due to all the trolling, gimmick accounts, politics, etc.
Frankly I get sick of all the entitled hippie ass bullshit. Not my scene.
Its gonna be great to have a spot where us oldies can get together and share information without all the filler.
That's really why I joined this forum in the first place.
Theres alot of older brothers here that have a ton of experience to share.
Plus theres the MILFS (GILFS??)
How about getting all the old write ups Heavy did at Ironmag archived over here in the oldies section?
Those articles are worth their weight in gold.

Ok so I have a super important question here. Since I’m not part of the “cool kids” section yet am I still allowed to sneak a peak at the Milf section? Wasn’t sure if that was considered taboo for a young, good looking, fit, young man like myself to look and see what you old farts are into?

Ok so I have a super important question here. Since I’m not part of the “cool kids” section yet am I still allowed to sneak a peak at the Milf section? Wasn’t sure if that was considered taboo for a young, good looking, fit, young man like myself to look and see what you old farts are into?

IML Gear Cream!
Please disregard the question above. I went ahead and looked and so far I’m not sure how I feel about a few of those.

Awesome being I'm 40 myself to have a thread to relate with. I will say I had never read or saw the abbreviation GILF until this.. thanks getting better already lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Anyone else have a hard time getting up in the morning? When I was younger I had no problem. Now I’m 39yrs and still doing concrete work. Still hit the gym like a maniac and stay up late with my lady. The problem is I still get up at 4am … Fml it’s getting harder Nd harder…

What do you guys do to get going in the AM?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone else have a hard time getting up in the morning? When I was younger I had no problem. Now I’m 39yrs and still doing concrete work. Still hit the gym like a maniac and stay up late with my lady. The problem is I still get up at 4am … Fml it’s getting harder Nd harder…

What do you guys do to get going in the AM?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go to bed earlier! eat lift SLEEP! repeat

Sent from The Iron Pile

This is a fantastic idea and something that's long overdue.

How many of you guys would be interested in a section dedicated to members over 40?

I know we have a strong member base in that age so I would like to hear some input on things you would like to see in such a section.

Also, would the members over 40 like this section to be a little heavier moderated?

Some complaints I've gotten from our more seasoned vets is the constant chatter in politics and, the typical shit slinging in threads. These would be discouraged in that section unless the older members want them there.

How will we know if you're older, we won't but, the members I do know that are, I'll take their suggestions into consideration.

Like Masters section , just for us bodybuilders that legs dont grow more and with alot injuries . Good idea

Anybody on here recall the exact time in your life/moement. When it was apparent your 40s limits didnt negotiate ? Example walking into a room and forgetting wtf for? A typical task or work hours becoming more challenging? I've accepted getting older and I still doing what I use to... except slower.

Anybody on here recall the exact time in your life/moement. When it was apparent your 40s limits didnt negotiate ? Example walking into a room and forgetting wtf for? A typical task or work hours becoming more challenging? I've accepted getting older and I still doing what I use to... except slower.

Mid 40's was about the time brain farts kicked in. Early 50's they started getting worse. Like make the coffee, forget to put a pot/cup under it. A lot. So you start doing things to limit your ability to fuck up. This is why old people have all these weird rituals they do. I do this, this, this...in this order. I already have a nightly "perimeter check" that I do...the doors are locked, garage is shut, these lights are off, these lights are on, these meds have been taken, etc, etc.

The mind ages just like the body. It's bad.

I was 40 when I joined here almost 10 years ago. Now you finally set up a “retirement community” sub forum for us old folks. Thanks!

Mid 40's was about the time brain farts kicked in. Early 50's they started getting worse. Like make the coffee, forget to put a pot/cup under it. A lot. So you start doing things to limit your ability to fuck up. This is why old people have all these weird rituals they do. I do this, this, this...in this order. I already have a nightly "perimeter check" that I do...the doors are locked, garage is shut, these lights are off, these lights are on, these meds have been taken, etc, etc.

The mind ages just like the body. It's bad.

LOL, sounds exactly like me. Walk around flicking light switches, closing windows, locking doors, fading certain lights, take some meds, etc.
Have done the coffee thing a few times, pop in a Pod, hit start, walk away to piss, come back coffee everywhere.

Oh well.. **shrug**

As I get older I've noticed there is definitely less room for error as far as bad diet (both gastro-intestinal distress, and how long the fat takes to shed), too much weight (using more volume nowadays), and sleep (too little and I don't recover the next day). Workouts are still pretty great, but I focus more on injury prevention, mobility and health than when I was younger and didn't even warm up properly.

The over 40 board is a great idea!

Most of you guys think you are noticing changes at 40, wait until you get to your 60's :). My strength peaked around 50, and it's been downhill from there. Years of heavy lifting left me with screwed up knees, arthritic elbows, and rotator cuff issues one requiring surgery to repair a full tear. I can no longer bench, squat, and while I can still deadlift if I get to 350 or so I tweak my lower back, that takes a couple weeks to heal. I quit doing DL's because I figured one day the tweak was going to be permanent. Nowadays I lift to maintain and use DB's, machines, and bodyweight stuff.

This section is a very welcome addition.

Last edited:
Turned 55 this April..and lots of changes,not just in the gym..
One of the great reasons for this sub is to see how us old dogs adapt,change up,and still look great..also while dealing with what life throws at us..plus every now and then..the younger guys can see what's down the road.. personally,I can't quit the Iron game..or my sanity will parish..

Back