• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

GETTING BACK IN >_< after 3 years of taking it easy!!!

Frankenstein666

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Hey guys its Big F here. Looking to start a new plan for 20212-2022.
Ill post pics amd deets up soon.

Sounds good man. I’ll be doing the same soon. I’m transitioning from natural on/off lifting for 12+ years to my first (well planned) cycle. Just trying to wrap my head around everything and absorb as much as I can before I pull the trigger. Hope to see ya around.

This might not be popular advice around here but I'm getting back in after a pandemic year off. At 45 years old my joints ain't what they used to be so one of the pros I train with suggested bands. I've been working with resistance bands for about 2 weeks and I get the same pump, same hypertrophy as when I was throwing weights.

Now, is it the same mental aggression of looking at yourself in the mirror knocking out 60lb hammer curls but it's a way to transition yourself back without running into a quick injury.

I'm starting back after a long layoff myself just like you. Look forward to seeing them and plenty of knowledge on here to help you along the way.

Everybody's different. If it's working for you then go for it!

This might not be popular advice around here but I'm getting back in after a pandemic year off. At 45 years old my joints ain't what they used to be so one of the pros I train with suggested bands. I've been working with resistance bands for about 2 weeks and I get the same pump, same hypertrophy as when I was throwing weights.

Now, is it the same mental aggression of looking at yourself in the mirror knocking out 60lb hammer curls but it's a way to transition yourself back without running into a quick injury.

Hell yeah ! Endurance is improving. Im not seeing a change in weight tho.

Been doin the tredmill and hard stretching. Got the roller blades greased. Weight bench set up!!! God let the gains begin

Are you taking Cardarine? (GW-50156)? ^^

IML Gear Cream!
Jist about 5 months later... Anyways got sidetracked and fucked up my diet. I'll be starting a no excuses thread in the next 24. Hope to have alot of you guys sub and offer some valid info!

Pump is not indicative of growth. 2 weeks is not enough time to assess new tissue growth. In order to accrue new lean tissue the load needs to increase eventually as you cannot continue to get growth from an increase in volume and reps. If you enjoy bands that’s awesome and they’re great for getting in shape or trying to maintain but they are not the same as progressive weights.

Pump is not indicative of growth. 2 weeks is not enough time to assess new tissue growth. In order to accrue new lean tissue the load needs to increase eventually as you cannot continue to get growth from an increase in volume and reps. If you enjoy bands that’s awesome and they’re great for getting in shape or trying to maintain but they are not the same as progressive weights.

True Embarrassing as it is I have to start with 25lb dumbbells and work back up to 100s. It will most likely take a year if I do it safely. I'm thinking 200g p 100g carb 30g fats to start.

Back