• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

GVT question

THEWIZARDOFKOZ

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
When doing GVT for legs, for example, would this be best approach:

10 sets of 10 for:
squat
lunges
stiff legged DL
ham string curls

Larger muscle group 3 exercises, smaller 2 exercises

Previously I have done 10 sets 10 reps utilzing above methods, but wanted other's opinions.

I thought compound movements were the 10x10 focus.... and accessory movements were 2 or 3 sets till close to failure.

So I’d start out leg day with 3 sets of failure of hamstring curls then go into my 10x10 squat and finish up the session with 2-3 sets of leg ext and lunges.

back day would be 2-3 sets of pull-ups, followed by 10x10 of barbell, t bar, db rows.... then finish up with 2-3 sets of overhead ext or lat pulldowns

chest same concept except I’d alternate flat and incline with the 10x10 approach each individual session and finish up with cable crossovers and dips and decline press at 2-3 sets.

shoulders, I’d do 10x10 with db shoulder presses and finish up with 2-3 sets of delt movements and shrugs

and arms id just work in on the other days... but I never tried doing it with a 6 day approach... just 4 days on 3 days off (cardio)

I think you should pick a better program. I’ve never actually met anyone who gained anything using gvt. I’ve known several people who used and ended up losing size and getting weaker.

Back