• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Combating Anavars effects on cholesterol

Vintage2789

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Pretty noob question here but I’m Trying to tap into the knowledge pool here.

Since Anavar can cause havoc on your lipids has there been any compounds that people in here have used as a preventative with success that isn’t a statin?

I haven’t jumped past test cycles yet and am trying to risk/reward balance on what (if any) compound I should jump to next. Currently my lipids are in good order and prefer to keep them near where they are and I know my mileage may vary but I’m really just trying to collect my information before I make a choice

Any and all assistance is much appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Take Basically anything that helps w cholesterol , krilloil , niacin, cit bergamot , etc...
it wont make your lipids stay on a normal range , but it will deff help them recover faster once you drop the Anavar. Theres no way around it that i know of , drink your water , eat your veggies and dont abuse it... you should be fine imho

Take Basically anything that helps w cholesterol , krilloil , niacin, cit bergamot , etc...
it wont make your lipids stay on a normal range , but it will deff help them recover faster once you drop the Anavar. Theres no way around it that i know of , drink your water , eat your veggies and dont abuse it... you should be fine imho
This. Control your diet mate and don't drink. It's surprising how much drinking affects triglycerides and cholesterol.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

No it's surprising how much cholesterol effects my drinking..if health marker are telling you something..you had better listen..
If they are Off the chart..Get Off
And if they're off before..Dont Cycle

Appreciate the responses

To clarify the question was is there any Supplements (OTC or grey market) that people have used to control the lipid profile whilst on Anavar. Kinda fishing for first hand experience

I appreciate the leads on the matter. If anyone will indulge me for a follow up question. What’s the opinion on GW501516 on lipids. Anyone with experience in that capacity??

Something to control lipids? Adding additional healthy fats can help. It can help a lot. What is your cholesterol and tris at? Need to know your concern. To give you an idea I've had tris up in the 500s and cholesterol near 300. It takes a steady careful diet to get that back on track.

When did you get tested? What did you eat or drink before the test?

If you drank that day or night your markers could be completely out of wack. Possibly no need for concern.

Edit: do you smoke?

Unfortunately there really isn't much we can do for lipids when on orals, we can take many different protocols with sups and meds yet at the end of the day it's a battles you won't win when ON orals.. However, you can make some rather impressive changes with lipids in what would be considered record timing once you discontinue using a few protocols that could be suggested, but during cycle it's really futile, pointless.. You can take things to assist with health, but getting markers to change on bloods is extremely difficult. Most sups and protocols that help keep levels in normal range work best when lipids are near or around normal range.

IML Gear Cream!
Unfortunately there really isn't much we can do for lipids when on orals, we can take many different protocols with sups and meds yet at the end of the day it's a battles you won't win when ON orals.. However, you can make some rather impressive changes with lipids in what would be considered record timing once you discontinue using a few protocols that could be suggested, but during cycle it's really futile, pointless.. You can take things to assist with health, but getting markers to change on bloods is extremely difficult. Most sups and protocols that help keep levels in normal range work best when lipids are near or around normal range.

You the man!

Always the voice of reason.

I never had any success lowering cholesterol with anything but statins.

I will say any issues with cholesterol such as blockage, heart disease, stroke are from a chronic condition, as in long term over decades of high cholesterol, not an acute or short term exposure to higher ratio of HDL/LDL

You the man!

Always the voice of reason.

I never had any success lowering cholesterol with anything but statins.

I will say any issues with cholesterol such as blockage, heart disease, stroke are from a chronic condition, as in long term over decades of high cholesterol, not an acute or short term exposure to higher ratio of HDL/LDL
People get caught up in the number game while trying to attempt to get things in or around a "specific range", much like people battle with trying to get their MPG calculator on their dashboard to stay high up at an optimal level. It's silly if you stress it to much.
So many factors will manipulate levels and it's not always a "bad thing", genetics play a huge factor too. I know I'll get flack for this, and people don't always trust their doctors, but if he/she is in the know with his/her patient especially if they know ones medical history and families history as well along with someone who has a history with blood-work (paper trail of prior bloods) and they see their primary (endo or whomever) regularly, quarterly or whatever, let the Doctor decide if you are in a position to be concerned and by all means do ASK YOUR DOCTOR TOO, talk with him/her.
Doctors see bloods daily, they know when it's time to start taking measures or offer suggestions..

People read to much on the internet and they try to get themselves in this "gold standard range", when after all - all they really need to focus on is staying healthy, take sups that add support, stay hydrated, DO CARDIO and use PEDs reasonably if someone decides to go. that route..

HEALTH MARKERS WILL CHANGE ON PEDS, get use to it and expect and don't be surprised.. If one decides to use or decided to continuously use off or on, or with TRT/HRT you will have what I'll call notifications on your labs..

Thank you guys so much for replies

My current markers are

Total cholesterol 208 fasted

HDL 46
LDL 132
Tris 151

I’m 31

Thank you for clarifying the point of it’s fighting a war against the inevitable while on cycle. That’s where most of my confusion was because I’ve read a fair amount about recovery protocols but very little if any about on cycle support or if it’s terribly worth it

I don’t drink alcohol and my diet since the new year is essentially the Mediterranean diet with a bit more red meat and I supplement Berberine niacin ubiqinol and garlic for cardio health. Cit Bergamot has been on my radar but I’m waiting to do my quarterly supplement haul to add it on.

I asked about GW because I’ve heard it can help HDL numbers and I know Anavar kills HDL.

I appreciate all the assistance from you guys it’s been more than helpful on this mission

Nothing is going to help just a temporary band aid, eat healthy af, lots of fiber, lots of water, and run. Then forget about i. Dont stay on longer than 6-8 weeks dont get back on till your close to normal. There are more comprehensive test to check risk of heart problems, i read the guys at at my works tests cause it is mandatory once a year and let me tell you being overweight (obese) in my opinion is just as bad. If you are obsessing over this you are already in a good position cause you care and keep track. Keep it the best you can and take breaks or get off and live the natty life. Ill risk it cause to me it is worth it but even on my very small cruise dose it isn’t great. I would imagine if i ran more it would help alot.

I love to see posts like these where guys are taking their health seriously and respecting AAS at every aspect.👍🏼

Recent lipid story....
My first labs were done 30 days after Tren /Test E and Proviron cycle. Now at this point I’m running HRT and basic daily supplements (laundry list LOL)
As expected, but somewhat shocked high LDL and low HDL. My HDL is always on the high side to offset the high LDL ratio so was never too concerned.

I told my Dr to pump the brakes on the statins and give me 60 days to make some adjustments. Second labs revealed a drop in LDL and increase HDL by supplementing with extended release niacin, fish oil, and bergamot. I also did a blood donation after labs and before supplements which I believe had an impact as well.

Given my results I would donate blood and run the above supps PCT to keep lipids in check.

Cardarine during cycle has been listed by many as an effective supplemental to help moderate the effect orals have on lipids.

Nolvadex on cycle raises HDL and lowers LDL. Not the cure but it helps. TUDCA if your alcohol free helps too.

Thank you guys so much for replies

My current markers are

Total cholesterol 208 fasted

HDL 46
LDL 132
Tris 151

I’m 31

Thank you for clarifying the point of it’s fighting a war against the inevitable while on cycle. That’s where most of my confusion was because I’ve read a fair amount about recovery protocols but very little if any about on cycle support or if it’s terribly worth it

I don’t drink alcohol and my diet since the new year is essentially the Mediterranean diet with a bit more red meat and I supplement Berberine niacin ubiqinol and garlic for cardio health. Cit Bergamot has been on my radar but I’m waiting to do my quarterly supplement haul to add it on.

I asked about GW because I’ve heard it can help HDL numbers and I know Anavar kills HDL.

I appreciate all the assistance from you guys it’s been more than helpful on this mission

Those numbers are not bad at all. I would kill to have numbers like that when cruising.

High doses of Anavar is NOT liver toxic -

A randomized, controlled trial of treatment of alcoholic hepatitis with parenteral nutrition and oxandrolone. I. Short-term effects on liver function.

Bonkovsky HL1, Fiellin DA, Smith GS, Slaker DP, Simon D, Galambos JT.
Author information
Abstract
The present studies were designed to provide careful measures of effects of oxandrolone, an anabolic steroid, intravenous nutritional supplementation, and the combination of these two treatments on liver functions, metabolic balances, nitrogen metabolism, and nutritional status in patients with moderate to severe alcoholic hepatitis. Of 43 patients originally recruited, 39 (19 men, 20 women) with typical clinical and laboratory features of alcoholic hepatitis (11 Child's-Pugh class B; 28 class C) were admitted to a metabolic unit and completed a 35-day three-phase protocol. Phase I was a 10-day baseline period of observation, during which routine and special quantitative tests of liver function (galactose and antipyrine metabolism), a 7-day elemental balance study, and a 15N, 13C-leucine metabolism study were done. Phase II was a 21-day treatment period during which patients were randomly assigned to receive one of four regimens: 1) standard therapy, consisting of abstinence, a balanced, nutritionally adequate diet, and multivitamins; 2) oxandrolone (20 mg orally four times a day) plus standard therapy; 3) nutritional supplementation, consisting of 2 L daily of 3.5% crystalline amino acids (in 5% dextrose), given by peripheral vein; or 4) a combination of oxandrolone and nutritional supplementation, along with standard therapy. Metabolic balances were repeated during phase II.

Phase III was 2 or 3 days post-treatment, during which special studies of liver functions and volumes and leucine metabolism were repeated. All patients who completed phase I of study and were randomly allocated to one of the four treatment groups completed the subsequent two phases. Overall, with time, patients showed highly significant improvements in most clinical and laboratory features. For most standard laboratory tests (e.g., serum albumin, transferrin, prothrombin time) improvements were more marked in patients treated with nutritional supplementation and/or oxandrolone than in those given standard therapy alone.

Liver volumes fell in all treatment groups, with greater improvement in those treated with nutritional supplementation. Improvements in galactose and antipyrine metabolism rates were significant only in those treated with nutritional supplementation or oxandrolone. Effects of treatments on metabolic balances, nitrogen metabolism, and measures of nutrition are described in this issue in a companion paper. We conclude that the addition of nutritional supplementation and oxandrolone to standard therapy of moderately severe or severe alcoholic hepatitis is well tolerated, and leads to more rapid improvement in the laboratory parameters measured.

Get Shredded!
taking lots of fish oil specifically with high amounts of epa

also diet... eggs and foods high in saturated fat can effect some peoples cholestrol, eat lots of fiber or take a fiber supp it helps to lower LDL levels

citrus bergamot 1000mg a day helps manage HDL and LDL levels as well

Back