• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Rack Pulls ?

Dano22

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Anybody incorporate heavy rack pulls for mass? I enjoy them, one volume based , and one heavy based workout per week. Thoughts on ways to make them more beneficial for muscle mass?

I do them often as have low back issues. Best thing would be moderate weight for as many reps as you can stand.

I agree. I lose feel once I hit a certain weight and then it’s just fun from there . I’ve kinda ran out of back excercises and getting a little bored . Bought a new t bar attatchment which has freshened things up really nice but other than that it’s just Bent Rows, Bench DB rows, Racks , 1 arm rows, variable cable rows. That trap exercise I believe Wesley mentioned a while ago has really sparked growth in those bad boys . Kudos to him

Anybody incorporate heavy rack pulls for mass? I enjoy them, one volume based , and one heavy based workout per week. Thoughts on ways to make them more beneficial for muscle mass?

Both work. If experienced : twice or three times but , depends on layout of other muscle groups. I did 3x a week but, it doesn’t work for everyone. I like that rack pulls take the legs out of the lift and you use mostly back. You can do them once and deads another day split also

Max
#train

Have to try to keep up with all the big guys here lol thanks bro!
Lol like you said you are the smallest guy in the gym but you look pretty big to me!

I have back issues so I love rack pulls. I do them in the 3-6rep range anything over that and the volume irritates my lower back. I move my hands out pretty far as it hits the lats more. I also do them on smith machine as it doesn’t irritate my lower back either.
Switched back to DC and I be running it for atleast the next couple of years and this one of my favorite back thickness movements

Yea I throw them in my routine sometimes. Wide grip when I pull.
Just don't bounce the bar off the spotter bars. Don't know why people do that.

Yea I throw them in my routine sometimes. Wide grip when I pull.
Just don't bounce the bar off the spotter bars. Don't know why people do that.
True and I try not to do that either so I prefer to just lightly touch the spotter bars then pull back up.

True and I try not to do that either so I prefer to just lightly touch the spotter bars then pull back up.

I come to a complete stop at the bottom and then pull back up. Slowly placing the barbell on the spotter bar.

I come to a complete stop at the bottom and then pull back up. Slowly placing the barbell on the spotter bar.
Yes that's another good way but I prefer touch and go, despite my grip tending to give out after a while. Coming to a dead stop at bottom gives me a chance to reset grip.

Last edited:
Just recently started incorporating these into my routine. They’re awesome and really helping with my low back pain believe it or not

I like them fine. My traps like moderate-low volume per set and heavier weights -- the high rep stuff will induce a burn and pump but not so much growth. This is not the case for most of my muscle groups, so who knows what's going on. A good warm up, and my back doesn't give me any problems, so rack pulls are a pretty good choice.

Back