• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Diet soda VS h20

MonsterMaker

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Is there really any real issue with consuming diet soda as your primary source of fluids? The stuff I drink doesn’t even have caffeine so is it just the artificial sweeteners that are supposedly so unhealthy or what?

Is there really any real issue with consuming diet soda as your primary source of fluids? The stuff I drink doesn’t even have caffeine so is it just the artificial sweeteners that are supposedly so unhealthy or what?

I personally wouldn’t want to drink a gallon plus of diet soda. A lot of sodium still and all that carbonation would have me bloated. I just toss a scoop of aminos in my gallon of water just for flavor.

I personally wouldn’t want to drink a gallon plus of diet soda. A lot of sodium still and all that carbonation would have me bloated. I just toss a scoop of aminos in my gallon of water just for flavor.

Ya I that’s a good point but is there really anything other than some possibly bloat to worry about when consuming, let’s say 5-6 cans a day ?

What aminos do you use? I’ve never dabbled with supplementing them before.

Ya I that’s a good point but is there really anything other than some possibly bloat to worry about when consuming, let’s say 5-6 cans a day ?

What aminos do you use? I’ve never dabbled with supplementing them before.

The sodium may be alittle high on some. I know for me when I drink a Diet Coke I def get bloated and just don’t feel comfy.
I bought allmax aminos at a local shop, they were having a sale. Fruit punch, white grape, and a raspberry. Just helps me put more water down. I’m over a gallon a day currently.

Axe and grind has a wicked good icee flavor aminos and a whiskey and cola flavor too. I definitely couldn’t have 5-6 cans per day I’d be burping my brains out. The sweeteners and the carbonation make me feel like a water balloon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To much aspartame. Will cause an inflammatory response throughout the body.

To much aspartame. Will cause an inflammatory response throughout the body.

That was actually my concern. I decided to skip my weekly soda a couple days ago (3 12 packs) and have been drinking over a gal a day. Not as enjoyable but I do feel better for sure...

I gotta watch inflammation issues as I’m prone to them and my joints are rough for someone my age. MRIs have confirmed that.

The last contest prep I did I heavily relied on diet sodas, the last two weeks or so I probably drank a 2L of diet Dr. Pepper a day. I’m not proud of it but it helps when things get tough. My biggest concern was never the aspartame but rather the acidity of the the soda. I don’t think it was great for my gut. Just my two cents though.

The last contest prep I did I heavily relied on diet sodas, the last two weeks or so I probably drank a 2L of diet Dr. Pepper a day. I’m not proud of it but it helps when things get tough. My biggest concern was never the aspartame but rather the acidity of the the soda. I don’t think it was great for my gut. Just my two cents though.

Not only your gut but it’s god awful on your teeth!

Some days I was putting a 12 pack down in a day. I should mention I had the worst throbbing headaches following quitting. Today is day 3 or 4 and the first day that I haven’t had any yet... not sure if it’s related but seems awfully coincidental considering I rarely ever get headaches and now all of a suddenly I’m getting them daily... so that’s been an eye opener.

Not only your gut but it’s god awful on your teeth!

Some days I was putting a 12 pack down in a day. I should mention I had the worst throbbing headaches following quitting. Today is day 3 or 4 and the first day that I haven’t had any yet... not sure if it’s related but seems awfully coincidental considering I rarely ever get headaches and now all of a suddenly I’m getting them daily... so that’s been an eye opener.

Very true, I didn’t notice any side effects like headaches but I’m sure the citric acid did a number on my enamel.

IML Gear Cream!
It might make you feel like crap, but it can't be the acidity because stomach acid is either stronger or the same as soda.

Last edited:
It might make you feel like crap, but it can't be the acidity because stomach acid is either stronger or the same as soda.

That’s a good point. Kombucha is way more acidic than soda and people swear it helps them feel better.

I would probably attribute it to the artificial sweeteners. I mean if it has aspertame in it, they put a warning on the can, so there must be some kind of research out there showing some kind of negative health affects, I’ve just never read into it before.

Back