• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Why Do Bodybuilders Take Insulin?

Arnold

Numero Uno
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Why Do Bodybuilders Take Insulin?

Over the years, bodybuilders have pushed the envelope to better enhance their bodies. There are numerous ways to achieve this goal. For instance, many bodybuilders consume pre-worker powders and protein powders. This is very common among bodybuilders. Nevertheless, a lot of individuals wish to take things to a new level. If you fit into this category, you should think about taking insulin. A lot of bodybuilders are using insulin for numerous reasons.

Insulin Use For Bodybuilders
Why would a bodybuilder want to use insulin? This hormone is created by the pancreas. It is vital in the body because it helps regulate fat and carbs. Insulin is absorbed by the liver, muscles, and fatty tissue in the body. One thing to note is that insulin is more anabolic than testosterone. The pancreas creates plenty of insulin for most people, but bodybuilders may believe they need more.

As a result, bodybuilders think it is a good idea to use insulin because it provides their muscle cells with more nutrients. They suspect that insulin can help them grow bigger. Using insulin is a good way for a bodybuilder to achieve larger pumps and enhanced muscle mass. Insulin is available in many forms and bodybuilders use many of them.

They may use slow and fast-acting insulin products. For bodybuilding purposes, the most common forms are Humulin R and N. Both are slow acting. As for Humalog, it is a fast-acting type. If you’re new to bodybuilding and insulin, it is wise to stay away from fast-acting types. Although many types of insulin are readily available, they still pose numerous risks. Therefore, you need to learn more about the consequences before using insulin for this purpose.

Bodybuilders And Insulin
It is no big secret, some of the world’s top bodybuilders utilize insulin to allow their muscles to recover quicker and easier. There are two primary types of insulin utilized in the bodybuilding industry. These include Humulin N and Humulin R, both of which lower blood glucose levels when the body can no longer do it naturally. Bodybuilders, on the other hand, utilize insulin to help their muscles to recover quicker.

Humulin N
Humulin N also referred to as “insulin isophane,” is naturally generated in the human body to retain optimal blood glucose levels. As intermediate-acting insulin, Humulin N kicks in within two to four hours after each initial injection. The peak time ranges between 4 and 12 hours while the longevity is up to 18 hours.

Physicians prescribe Humulin N to their adult and children patients to treat diabetes mellitus.

Humulin R
Humulin R is another hormone naturally produced by the human body to help control blood glucose levels. Unlike Humulin N, Humulin R is a short-acting type of insulin, as it kicks in within 30 minutes of each initial injection. The peak time is shorter than that of Humulin N at 2 to 3 hours while the longevity is up to 8 hours.

Physicians prescribe Humulin R to their adult and children patients to treat both Type I and Type 2 diabetes mellitus. The decision to prescribe this type of insulin is based on the patient’s insulin needs. Physicians are trained to only prescribe Humulin R to diabetic patients with an insulin need of over 200 units per day.

Common Insulin Side Effects
Using insulin is good, but it comes with a handful of risks. If you’re worried about taking insulin, you shouldn’t. However, you’ll find that it is generally harmless. Finding the right dose can help prevent the bodybuilder from experiencing negative side effects. Still, some bodybuilders have experienced serious repercussions after using insulin, and some have died. It is pertinent to make sure that your diet is perfect. Otherwise, you may experience low blood sugar, confusion, weakness, blurred vision, sweating, or tremors.

In the worst cases, the patient will experience convulsions and seizures. If you’re experiencing serious side effects, it is a good idea to stop using these medications. It could be dangerous. Be careful and protect yourself.

How They Use It
How are bodybuilders using insulin to obtain an edge over the competition? Ultimately, most will only consume insulin on the days when they’re going to push themselves to the limits. They’ll take insulin at the end of the day to help replace the glycogen lost during the training session. This offers numerous benefits, including guaranteeing that they can rebuild muscle quickly. In addition to that, it helps increase their anabolism slightly.

After taking a shot of insulin, it is important to obtain carbs and protein. At the very least, you should use 40 to 50 grams of protein. Pea protein or whey protein is great for this purpose. Other bodybuilders consume creating after taking insulin because they claim it helps creatine reach their skeletal muscles faster.

How Many Bodybuilders Use Insulin?
Believe it or not, a lot of bodybuilders are using insulin. They argue that it is safe as long as you know what you’re doing. Insulin use is common among professional and amateur bodybuilders. Should you follow their activities? Ultimately, doing so is risky unless you know what you’re doing. Nevertheless, it is generally not a good idea to use insulin when bodybuilding. Doing so can be devastating to the body. Diabetics often deal with intense high and low blood sugar levels.

It is not fun, and it is likely something you’ll want to avoid. With that being said, it is wise to find other ways to boost your gains. Still, some bodybuilders will continue using insulin because it gives them an advantage.

Summary
Using insulin for bodybuilding purposes can be helpful but dangerous. If you’re not careful, there is a risk that you’re going to experience a handful of side effects. You might even get sick. With that being said, you need to make sure that you know what you’re doing. If you’re worried about the risks, you should avoid using insulin. Doing so is the best way to stay safe. Either way, be sure to learn more about insulin before using it for bodybuilding purposes.

Great read. I'll never get to that level but I did use some free given to me during a cycle. Couldn't tell the great gains from insulin.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

I'm type 1 diabetic.
I know ALOT about insulin lol
I inject 3 - 4 times a day.

Don't use insulin it's not worth it.
You absolutely CAN cause yourself to become diabetic.

But the real issue is...
Insulin can kill you FAST.
IT DOESNT TAKE MUCH TO DO SO.

Use other steroids and stay away from insulin.

Growth (HGH) will raise blood sugar especially if used at high doses and used for a long period of time so Insulin and Metformin is used if not you run the risk of getting diabetes.

Sent from The Iron Pile

I've run insulin and can say I can see how it fills out your muscles but if your not making $ as a Body Builder, the risk is too high. Humalog and Novirapid, known as meal slin, is taken only with meals, peaks more rapidly than R and is out faster 5 hours tops. Canada will ship Novirapid/Humalog without a RX. Humulin R/N is over the counter in the US but not Humalog/Novirapid as, its widely known that Athletes prefer the fastest acting slin.

Back