• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Squats + shoulder pain

MonsterMaker

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Gripping the bar that behind my neck is extremely rough on my shoulders. Especially after I’m done and rack the weight. I have to very carefully and very slowly let go and bring my get my shoulders back to resting position... this sound normal from hyper extending the shoulders or do I got something going on? I figured I’d get used to it but it’s still the same after years of lifting.

Easy solution use a safety squat bar

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210423-143218.png
    Screenshot_20210423-143218.png
    431.8 KB · Views: 11
Happens to me all the time. Been using the wife’s bar tampon to keep the bar a tad higher. Seems to help a bit. But I stretch and warmup shoulders before I do ANY lifting.... regardless of what muscles I’m targeting that day. That also helps.

Very tight shoulders like me. Been trying to get them more flexible and it helps.
I also have a SSB like Wes showed above, but I favor the Buffalo bar which I also have, helps the hands come down a bit lower.

iu

Back