• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Squats + shoulder pain

MonsterMaker

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Grilling the bar that is behind my neck is extremely rough on my shoulders. Especially after I’m done and rack the weight. I have to very carefully and very slowly let go and bring my get my shoulders back to resting position... this sound normal from hyper extending the shoulders or do I got something going on? I figured I’d get used to it but it’s still the same after years of lifting.

Your shoulder are really tight going into ER (external rotation). Not uncommon.

Start stretching them on a regular basis or start doing front squats.

Grilling the bar that is behind my neck is extremely rough on my shoulders. Especially after I’m done and rack the weight. I have to very carefully and very slowly let go and bring my get my shoulders back to resting position... this sound normal from hyper extending the shoulders or do I got something going on? I figured I’d get used to it but it’s still the same after years of lifting.
Not sure what you meant by grilling. Did you mean grabbing?

I didn't choose the swolle life, the swolle life chose me~Wesley Swolle

Not sure what you meant by grilling. Did you mean grabbing?

Nevermind, I saw you created a second thread, should be 'gripping.'
I have the same issue and no amount of stretching helps me. I just gave up on doing back squats altogether. I train at home, so I just bought myself a safety squat bar.

Nevermind, I saw you created a second thread, should be 'gripping.'
I have the same issue and no amount of stretching helps me. I just gave up on doing back squats altogether. I train at home, so I just bought myself a safety squat bar.

That was my mistake. First thread was stalling for 3 minutes after I tried to post so I just hit “stop” on my browser and thought it didn’t go through.

I might have to switch to front squats then because this shits just getting worse. Feels very harsh on the shoulders. Had a rotator cuff injury that might have aggravated the issue on on side...

Back